Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #31
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

these people are so desperate to claim anything. This article is just an article , actually it's more like a press release. Federer needs all the media brainwashing that he can get. Just this week he said that he deserves to be number 1 no matter what. The man always takes digs at other top players when he is safe through the media but he would never say so in their face. He deserves to be ignored and ostracised no matter what the media tries to say.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #32
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Where are the likes of Djokovic,Nadal,Murray ? What are they doing or they just wait
someone else to do something? I do not know when we are going to see other one like Federer as a player and leader.
Agree.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

It's hilarious how the first page is only Fed fans. The other haters are warming up the caves.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #34
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
these people are so desperate to claim anything. This article is just an article , actually it's more like a press release. Federer needs all the media brainwashing that he can get. Just this week he said that he deserves to be number 1 no matter what. The man always takes digs at other top players when he is safe through the media but he would never say so in their face. He deserves to be ignored and ostracised no matter what the media tries to say.
Yeah, right, that's exactly what he said

http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/11/f...it-no-1/40039/

Quote:
Roger Federer says Novak Djokovic deserves the year-end No. 1 ranking. The Serbian reclaimed the top spot last week after losing it to Federer when the Swiss won Wimbledon. Djokovic is guaranteed to the end the year at No. 1, regardless of what occurs at the ATP World Tour Finals.

"The real number one, we know who that is going to be, it's going to be Novak, so I think there should not be any debate around that," Federer told reporters. "Number one, you don't get there by chance. The rankings are something that show you how you've played over a 365-day period.
I mean dude, honestly, if you're gonna hate at least don't make up stuff that doesn't exist.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #35
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
You just went on my buddy list
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
NID, Greederer lobbying for this just when he's about to retire in a couple of years and after he has scraped in all the money he can for years and years

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
precisely he could have avoided doing that for many reasons :

1. not much concerned by the changes as he will retire (he said that actually about the suppression of the week between Paris and the WTF "I don't think it's a good decision but well I'm old and it's their future")

2. is isolated for the orientations against younger top-players (Murray will always back Nadal, and Nadal and Djokovic shared common wills/interests)

3. this kind of "coordinating job" when you don't give the main orientations is not very cheerful

4. he has many other things to do, is the most interviewed player by far for instance, and he's a father of two young twins

but apart from being concerned in the future of the Tour and feeling that after Ljubicic left this job, not many others could have done it, I think he actually likes and is interested in such kind of things, at least he said so.

And more impressively he seems to be very good in organizing oneself, managing a very busy schedule and separating his mind into several parts. This is surely the thing which impresses me most (Roddick also said he was impressed by that actually) as I think very few people understand how busy he is and how many different skills it implies.

Daaaaaaamn, that felt good.
Exactly how to handle a hater.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #37
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post

I mean dude, honestly, if you're gonna hate at least don't make up stuff that doesn't exist.
Haters are getting sloppy. This way it's not fun anymore. The haters are just joking right?! Or do they seriously hate a person (Roger Federer) that much.....
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #38
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Greederer in his full power here. Shamefull.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

OMG now we know why he lost to Shangaď! Spending so much time out of court with tiresome political struggles!

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #40
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
OMG now we know why he lost to Shangaď! Spending so much time out of court with tiresome political struggles!
Or most likely cause he got trashed.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #41
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

This is really good.

Hopefully Roger continues his great work, and resolves other issues to do with the ATP.

I still think he needs help from the other top players, I mean, they need to be on the same wavelength, and then we may get somewhere.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #42
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Or most likely cause he got trashed.
Roger is not a prolific drinker, yet .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #43
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
NID, Greederer lobbying for this just when he's about to retire in a couple of years and after he has scraped in all the money he can for years and years
hey hater, Federer has been like this for years (thus why he has so many Stefan Edberg awards)

There's nothing to hate here, sorry about that
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #44
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

fed mafia in action, nothing surprising here
End da Game is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #45
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post

Oh poor federer , everyone just hates him and who wouldn't with that snarky smug smile of his?
Why don't you quote it all ?

Quote:
''The real No. 1, we know who that is,'' Federer said, referring to Djokovic. ''I don't think there should be any debate around that. The rankings is something that shows you how you've played over a 365-day period. OK, it might all change again in two months at the Australian Open
That's about as typical of federer in making grandiose assertions, speaking in authoritative way and talking out of both sides of his mouth. Even his soft stetements are very dubious.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread