Will Nadal ever return to world number 1 again? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Yes 29 32.58%
No 60 67.42%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #76
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Nadal ever return to world number 1 again?

Nadal will be the best player in the world through RG, and then Wimbledon, he will do very well. USO, he consistently makes between QF-F.

That's all he needs right there. He will be selective with the tournaments he enters and get deep in all of them. And yes, Nadal doesn't have to defend the points post-RG so that is less pressure for him during that part of the year, unlike Murray, Federer and Djokovic.

Last edited by Filo V. : 11-07-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #77
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

That's all he needs? Try to place the 11000 points he will most probably need to be #1 in 2013. Where does he get them? After doing that, you can see if you think this looks achievable.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #78
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

NO.

Except if Muzza and Godovic decide to skip the year or retire. I really can't wait to see what Rafito still has to offer. The next claycourt season will be very, very interesting...

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #79
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is kaput! R.I.P.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #80
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot help but see some kind of resemblance between the writing off of Federer in/post 2009, and the writing off of Nadal right now...

Do so at your own risk, folks.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #81
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal will reach #1 in 2013. Book it. Another sweep of clay season (humiliating Noserers a couple of times in the process), along with Wimbledon an a couple of HC masters will be enough for #1. Murray will slip out of top 5 because he will lose in r1 to Bubka.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal will reach #1 in 2013. Book it. Another sweep of clay season (humiliating Noserers a couple of times in the process), along with Wimbledon an a couple of HC masters will be enough for #1. Murray will slip out of top 5 because he will lose in r1 to Bubka.
With Mandy and Novak especially above him it will not happen. He has to limit his schedule especially on hardcourts.

If feeder sees a possible match up with him on clay he'll take a dive faster than the Republican Party in America.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #83
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Yes, next season. He and Nole are the clear best two players in tennis in terms of general level. With nothing to defend after Roland Garros, being mentally rested, 2013 is shaping up to be a beautiful one for Rafa.
When playing. Shame one plays for only half the year.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #84
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

The question is whether Nadal will return to the ATP Tour at this point. Forget #1. The 'Spartan warrior's' knees are looking awfully fragile at this point.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #85
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

When will they ban the Fed trolls for wishing injury?
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #86
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
The question is whether Nadal will return to the ATP Tour at this point. Forget #1. The 'Spartan warrior's' knees are looking awfully fragile at this point.
You'd like that wouldn't you, Magician. Too bad for you Nadal will come back and spank your idol like it's 2008-09. I am gonna enjoy every tear Noserer sheds next year at the hands of the King of Spin.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #87
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

djokovic didn't need weak clowns in finals to win titles

djokovic didn't get dominated by a close rival either

frauderer's game was praised as beautiful and elegant

the real truth was that he was made to look good by mannequins holding racquets
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #88
country flag out_grinder
Banned!

out_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
You'd like that wouldn't you, Magician. Too bad for you Nadal will come back and spank your idol like it's 2008-09. I am gonna enjoy every tear Noserer sheds next year at the hands of the King of Spin.
As a hater of both Noserer and Nadull (and a supporter of no-one), I get to enjoy every loss both of these pathetic fucking mugs suffer.

Don't you envy me.
out_grinder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #89
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
That's all he needs? Try to place the 11000 points he will most probably need to be #1 in 2013. Where does he get them? After doing that, you can see if you think this looks achievable.
Win Acapulco, Final AO, Win RG, Win Monte Carlo, Win Rome, Win Barcelona, Final/Win Madrid, Final/Win Miami. Wimbledon final, USO SF/Final, Montreal SF, WTF final. #1 ranking.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #90
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
When will they ban the Fed trolls for wishing injury?
When will they ban a clown like you for spewing hate all over this forum day in and day out?
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote