New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Question New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam.

Really though, the next 5-6 years we may have to get used to Murray-Djoko, both 25, both in pretty OK form. They are not going to be stopped by any of the top 10... period, except maybe a few upsets. Nadal is coming back after his fishing trip, with Pico and Roger, still has it but, will limit the number of tournaments to maybe few masters and GS's.

The only real way this era will end is with a 19-21 year old rolling in the next few years and winning a slam. Now given looking at the young talent; there isn't any prospects. Tomic :/, Harrison :/, everyone else... cept maybe Ranoic, don't have a chance. Even Ranoic is not going to be shaking things up, most being 4th round of GS. I'm talking we need a new Fed who wins slam at 20/21. Someone to set the precedent for those to come. Out with the old, in with the new.

What do you think it will require for this era to end?
Will it be the young talent to start a new era? Or will we see some of the worst tennis in history after Djokovic/ Murray?
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam.

did you miss Bercy in its entirety? So far Janowicz has produced by far the best result of all the youngsters.

I really wouldn't put my money on Raonic, even if he gets hot, he is beatable. His footwork and RoS are just not good enough.

But in essence, you are probably right. I fear none of these guys will dethrone the boring 4.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam.

"Will it be the young talent to start a new era? Or will we see some of the worst tennis in history after Djokovic/ Murray?"

That's a tough question to answer to. Maybe i'm wrong but i think the actual top 4 is too good and we are too used with the level of tennis they play now and played in the past few years and maybe that's why we see the future talents with bad eyes. We were used with epic matches between Federer and Nadal and now between them, Nole and Murray and when we'll see decent matches between future talents we'll say it's pretty bad because we will compare them then with the great players in the past (Federer, Nadal this days)...
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Who will that be? Someone born in the mid-90s?
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
did you miss Bercy in its entirety? So far Janowicz has produced by far the best result of all the youngsters.

I really wouldn't put my money on Raonic, even if he gets hot, he is beatable. His footwork and RoS are just not good enough.

But in essence, you are probably right. I fear none of these guys will dethrone the boring 4.
No I saw Bercy. The thing is who honestly can say they knew of him before Bercy and consistently watched his matches. Plus before this he has not made any death defying runs anywhere else.

Federer shook things up when he came on the tour. Beating hardened peak veterans and winning slams, same with Nadal. Nadal was 20-21, Fed 24 starting to become peak, yet Nadal challenges him at an early age. Even Murray and Djokovic were at least known and were winning masters and smaller events at 20. Also they were making Semi's Quaters of Slams pretty consistently.

What separates the current Top 4 from everyone else, is they were winning when they were young and knocking down the 25+ up veterans Same can't be said for the youngins of today.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Happened in 2009 - no new era on the horizon
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

King Kei will step up

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
country flag Camusien
Banned!

Camusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond reputeCamusien has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't look good. I would put more money on Wawrinka winning a slam rather than any of the youngsters for next year and even 2014.
Camusien is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam, and stays on top. That could've happened in 1009 when DelPo won the USO but he got injured and hasn't returned on that level.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Happened in 2009 - no new era on the horizon
Yup, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
King Kei will step up
You mean Emperor Kei?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
New Era for Tennis will begin once a YOUNG BLOOD comes in and wins a slam, and stays on top. That could've happened in 1009 when DelPo won the USO but he got injured and hasn't returned on that level.
Negative. Even if Del Potro had remained healthy, a new era wouldn't have started. One player doesn't make a new era, it takes a whole generation of players stepping up - either that or a single player taking over Federer style and winning everything under the sun, which is quite unlikely.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Really though, the next 5-6 years we may have to get used to Murray-Djoko, both 25, both in pretty OK form. They are not going to be stopped by any of the top 10... period, except maybe a few upsets. Nadal is coming back after his fishing trip, with Pico and Roger, still has it but, will limit the number of tournaments to maybe few masters and GS's.

The only real way this era will end is with a 19-21 year old rolling in the next few years and winning a slam. Now given looking at the young talent; there isn't any prospects. Tomic :/, Harrison :/, everyone else... cept maybe Ranoic, don't have a chance. Even Ranoic is not going to be shaking things up, most being 4th round of GS. I'm talking we need a new Fed who wins slam at 20/21. Someone to set the precedent for those to come. Out with the old, in with the new.

What do you think it will require for this era to end?
Will it be the young talent to start a new era? Or will we see some of the worst tennis in history after Djokovic/ Murray?

If they're contesting major finals regularly in five years time I will gladly eat my dog's faeces.

Five years is a LONG time. There will be players coming through better than 30-year-old Murray and Djokovic.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
country flag sleptember

sleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond reputesleptember has a reputation beyond repute

Of all our youngsters, Jerzy "the Genius" Janowicz is the only one that has the game to win Slams and challenge the top four. I like Raonic and Kei, but they are not yet at that level.
sleptember is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #14
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal will have plenty of young blood when he comes back

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

New era has already started in 2011. Nole number 1, Mugray winning a slam, Nadal falling into the abyss. Everyone out of the top 3 is irrelevant in this era.
This era will last 3 more years, after which the decline of Murrovic will have overcome the decline of Federer.
Then new era will be the rebirth of Federer, who will win 24 slams.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote