USA politics thread. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #46
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Election Day Thread!

Linda McMahon lost BIG in Connecticut. Not even close. She spent 42 million to win this seat and was destroyed. Such an embarrassment:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...434.html?hp=f3

Chris Murphy tops Linda McMahon in Conn. Senate race

Democratic Rep. Chris Murphy handily won the Connecticut Senate race, beating Republican Linda McMahon, even after the former wrestling executive spent more than $42 million of her own money in her bid for the seat.

The Associated Press called the race for Murphy shortly after the polls closed in Connecticut at 8 p.m.

The Connecticut Senate race to replace retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman emerged as one of the hottest races in the country, despite the state’s heavy Democratic demographics. McMahon spent millions trying to reshape her image and saturated the airwaves with attack ads. Following the August primaries she managed to tighten the race, polling neck and neck with Murphy for several weeks. But Murphy eventually broke open a strong lead toward the end of October and finished the job with relative ease on election night.

Murphy didn’t exactly give Democrats a smooth path to victory. He had a series of missteps, forcing the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee to send staff and financial support to defend the seat. The three-term congressman struggled to respond to McMahon’s charges he had received a “generous mortgage” after he was sued for nonpayment of rent in 2003 and for foreclosure in 2007.

But Murphy had a series of strong showings in debates and enlisted an army of big name Democrats to campaign with him in the state. Former President Bill Clinton, Sens. Barbara Mikulski, Mary Landrieu, Kirsten Gillibrand, Chuck Schumer and Chris Coons were all among those who campaigned for Murphy. And in the closing week of the campaign, President Barack Obama cut a direct-to-camera ad for Murphy.

And Sen. Richard Blumenthal, who beat McMahon by 12 percentage points in 2010 and is the most popular politician in the state, was among Murphy’s most vocal and active supporters, accompanying him practically everywhere in the final weeks of the race.

The campaign became increasingly contentious in the final days and hours before the polls closed. McMahon’s campaign had engaged in an intense “get out the vote” effort in Connecticut’s cities, urging voters to split the ticket and support her and President Barack Obama. They passed out a sample ballot listing a vote at the top of the ticket for Obama and a vote for McMahon on the “Independent Party” line. McMahon had qualified for both the Independent Party and Republican lines, and Murphy’s name appeared on both the Democratic line and the Working Families Party line.

The McMahon campaign accused Murphy staffers of telling voters it was illegal for them to split a ticket, even though they were not able to provide any evidence to back up that charge.

Workers wore purple T-shirts that read, “I support Obama and McMahon,” and that looked similar to the shirts worn by members of the Service Employees International Union — Murphy supporters. Some workers told the New Haven Independent the McMahon campaign was paying them and they were not committed to voting for her.

In 2010, McMahon spent $50 million in her campaign against Blumenthal.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #47
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #48
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Romney leading
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #49
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Maggie Hassan, Democrat, wins the Governor race in New Hampshire over Republican opponent Ovide Lamontagne. Big news for both the Senate and Obama's likelihood of winning the state. That was supposed to be a toss-up.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #50
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
It's a sickening commentary that Elizabeth Warren, Mourdick and Akin the ass even have a chance.
Seriously, so disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #51
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Florida is scarily tight.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #52
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Linda McMahon lost BIG in Connecticut. Not even close. She spent 42 million to win this seat and was destroyed. Such an embarrassment:
I don't see anything embarrassing about being able to spend $100 million of one's own money over two elections. I wish I had that much loose change. Nothing would embarrass me.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #53
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Michigan called for Obama. Good news for Barack given the state was supposed to be close. Good news for Barack in other toss-up states.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #54
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Filo. Whats your source? BBC is a bit slow.
Awesome count here http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/re...mid=tw-nytimes

Minnesota is concerning

Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 AM   #55
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Filo. Whats your source? BBC is a bit slow.
Mainly CNN
Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #56
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

75% of Florida ballots counted. Tied at 50%.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #57
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Florida is really really close
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #58
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I don't see anything embarrassing about being able to spend $100 million of one's own money over two elections. I wish I had that much loose change. Nothing would embarrass me.
Having big money is obviously a great thing and cures most worries, but failing this spectacularly twice is embarrassing.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #59
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

BBc has Obama 123 Romney 153 latest. Anyone got a more current score?
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #60
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

78% in Florida. Obama up by about 20,000 votes.