Del Potro vs. Ferrer - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: so 2 demolitions already, how many more?

0, they'll come to there senses now 2 6.06%
1, once more at the WTF, and it will be settled 7 21.21%
Once more on all 3 surfaces, then they'll admit it 6 18.18%
never 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #91
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Another demolition
It was a close match.

This is a demolition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcDicE3wqA
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #92
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

^^ The thread is about Ferrer and his pigeon Del Po, try to stay on topic.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #93
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
It was a close match.

This is a demolition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcDicE3wqA
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #94
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Why are Murraytards always Delpohaters??

I thought that now that Mandy won a slam they'd be a bit less bitter. But I guess I was wrong.
I'll be nice enough to give a response (even if it does suggest I'm a 'Murraytard').

I don't hate DelPo, he generally seems a good guy. I don't hate any player, and furthermore some of the remarks made about players on here are pretty pathetic (I particularly dislike some of the comments aimed at Cilic). But to the point, I thought Ferrer would beat him again because right now, in the here and now, he's a better player. And like many others, I was right. Like certain other players who can be brilliant on their day, in general terms Del Potro is overrated (ridiculously so, by some).

Bitter about what? Murray isn't just better than DelPo, he's in a higher division and dominates him whenever they meet. Fans of the champ aren't bitter about anything, we're loving these tennis days.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #95
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
I'll be nice enough to give a response (even if it does suggest I'm a 'Murraytard').

I don't hate DelPo, he generally seems a good guy. I don't hate any player, and furthermore some of the remarks made about players on here are pretty pathetic (I particularly dislike some of the comments aimed at Cilic). But to the point, I thought Ferrer would beat him again because right now, in the here and now, he's a better player. And like many others, I was right. Like certain other players who can be brilliant on their day, in general terms Del Potro is overrated (ridiculously so, by some).

Bitter about what? Murray isn't just better than DelPo, he's in a higher division and dominates him whenever they meet. Fans of the champ aren't bitter about anything, we're loving these tennis days.
Yeah right

As for the real reason why they're bitter, it's because despite Juan's unfortunate wrist injury/surgery, it took their man 3 years to finally do what Juan had done and win a Slam himself - and even then he did it in circumstances we know, a far cry from Juan's blasting through the two most dominant players of the XXI century. Deep down, they know the truth hence the bitterness

Even though Juan denied Federer a Slam title and Nole an Olympic medal and gave Nadal a good hiding in USO semis, you don't see any particular bitterness from the fanbases of Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, do you? Figures.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #96
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yeah right

As for the real reason why they're bitter, it's because despite Juan's unfortunate wrist injury/surgery, it took their man 3 years to finally do what Juan had done and win a Slam himself - and even then he did it in circumstances we know, a far cry from Juan's blasting through the two most dominant players of the XXI century. Deep down, they know the truth hence the bitterness

Even though Juan denied Federer a Slam title and Nole an Olympic medal and gave Nadal a good hiding in USO semis, you don't see any particular bitterness from the fanbases of Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, do you? Figures.
There's plenty of shite the opposite way though, I must have seen at least close to double figures in Delpo fans bemoaning the fact 'tennis died' at the US Open, when I translate that into the fact they don't get to gloat endlessly about the whole 1 > 0 thing anymore, which is good for both fanbases really.

Coming from a fan of a GS champ to another
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #97

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
There's plenty of shite the opposite way though, I must have seen at least close to double figures in Delpo fans bemoaning the fact 'tennis died' at the US Open, when I translate that into the fact they don't get to gloat endlessly about the whole 1 > 0 thing anymore, which is good for both fanbases really.

Coming from a fan of a GS champ to another
Yeah, can't argue there, members of both fanbases are responsible for this ridiculous animosity. The sad thing is that is basically a miniature/BETA version of the ridiculous dick measurement contests between the Federer, Nadal and Djokovic fanbases

It won't stop, I'm afraid. I'm happy Juan has a Slam and is healthy and playing great tennis again after his surgery; you're happy Murray finally won a Slam among other big achievements (like Olympic gold). But for some, this is not enough, they have to rub it in. I know JMDP also has tards like this, but look at the Murray fan I was replying to, who has kept referring to the fanbases of Berdych, Tsonga, Delpo... as 'fanbases of second rate players' in the past few days. It's hard for animosity not to exist with posters like this on the boards Not to mention the OP, who clearly did so to rile up Delpo fans.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #98
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yeah, can't argue there, members of both fanbases are responsible for this ridiculous animosity. The sad thing is that is basically a miniature/BETA version of the ridiculous dick measurement contests between the Federer, Nadal and Djokovic fanbases

It won't stop, I'm afraid. I'm happy Juan has a Slam and is healthy and playing great tennis again after his surgery; you're happy Murray finally won a Slam among other big achievements (like Olympic gold). But for some, this is not enough, they have to rub it in. I know JMDP also has tards like this, but look at the Murray fan I was replying to, who has kept referring to the fanbases of Berdych, Tsonga, Delpo... as 'fanbases of second rate players' in the past few days. It's hard for animosity not to exist with posters like this on the boards Not to mention the OP, who clearly did so to rile up Delpo fans.
Regarding the OP I think the whole 'Lenders vs Ferrer/his fans' saga (which I look on with amusement) probably plays a big part in that one
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Regarding the OP I think the whole 'Lenders vs Ferrer/his fans' saga (which I look on with amusement) probably plays a big part in that one
Maybe. But the goal of this thread is not to glorify Ferrer - if it was he'd have done something a bit less stupid than comparing him to a player that is clearly superior and a GS winner -, the OP is a Murray fan and started this thread in the context of the Murray vs Delpo bickering, that's pretty obvious.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #100
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

I think Delpo should take this, otherwise his career is dwindling

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote