WTF court speed - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
same here .I thought this was a low bouncing court
It was mentioned on the stream that Murray said the court was "fair", that it's possible to kick the ball high if hit right, but also to keep it low and that it doesn't favor anything in particular - something like that.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #32
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Looked a little bit quicker than last year to me.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #33
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
At this stage of his career, Federer definitely prefers to confront big hitters on slower surfaces.
I think Fed prefers not as quick and low-bouncing surfaces as people think,

but it's not a matter of big hitters at all imo.

Against Del Po it's better for him having fast courts to move him.

And against Berdych a fast court is better because he needs to protect from Berdych's return : yesterday's match between Murray and Berdych showed how dangerous/lethal their returns are on this surface, esp. for Fed.

Against Tsonga obviously it's better playing on a slow court for everybody.

Anyway I disagree with most things people say on what they call "big hitters" on MTF

Last edited by duong : 11-06-2012 at 03:49 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #34
country flag out_grinder
Banned!

out_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond repute

Let's get one thing straight: you cannot tell from the naked eye how fast or slow a court is. Especially how fast or slow different hard courts are.

You all have no idea. Have you all got speed radar guns? No. So shut the flying fuck up then.

And you also can't tell how high bouncing a court is.

You think one shot bounced high, but maybe Federer put a lot of topspin on that, so it would have bounced high on any surface.

Again, fuck off.
out_grinder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
It is funny that people think fast courts are the best for Rog, Rog likes lowbouncing court specially against Rafa but also against everybody, the fact that it is really slow helps him I think as he has more time to hit and big hiters can't blow him off court
Wrong. As Roger has slowed down, it is his defensive game (passing shots, defense to offense transition etc) that has declined the most. And he is still an offensive player with a good serve - and as such, he prefers a fast court.
Basically, if a powerhitter such as Delpo or Berdych is on fire, it doesn't help Federer much if the court is slow - he will still lose. The only way Olderer can still defeat these guys is taking the initiative from them so they don't have time to set up their shots. And it is easier for him to do this on a fast court.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #36
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

As slow as basically every hard court on tour these days

As for what benefits Federer, obviously fast courts. Even in his prime, defense wasn't his main asset (although he was great at it), he always beat big hitters by taking the initiative off them, taking their time away (especially those who take huge cuts at the ball ie Del Potro). Against the best defenders (Murray, Nole), it goes without saying that a fast court would be a huge benefit. The only player on the draw against whom fast courts could do more harm than good for Federer would be Tsonga.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #37
country flag wally1

wally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_grinder View Post
Let's get one thing straight: you cannot tell from the naked eye how fast or slow a court is. Especially how fast or slow different hard courts are.

You all have no idea. Have you all got speed radar guns? No. So shut the flying fuck up then.

You think one shot bounced high, but maybe Federer put a lot of topspin on that, so it would have bounced high on any surface.

Again, fuck off.
Someone speaking sense at last - good to see!
wally1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #38
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Again, fuck off.
Completely disagree. Evaluating differences between slow or fast HCs is difficult yes, but it's quite easy to get a general idea on the court speed.

17 6 21 77
IOFH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #39
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Again, fuck off.
Wow someone needs to chill.
But you're definitely right, I can't tell for my life which of Miami or Cincinnati is faster, or which of Roland Garros and Wimbledon bounces higher.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #40
country flag Serverer
Banned!

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

Cant tell the speed of the courts as long as the cheating moonballer isnt playing.
Serverer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #41
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Again, fuck off.
You can get an impression of the court speed by looking at if there's more or less pushing or winners on that court compared to a usual match of those players. But it's more difficult to say about the bounce by watching from TV.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #42
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I can't tell a genuine Van Gogh from a fake one, not even if I get to study them for hours, but I know there are others that can. Your own inability does not prove conclusively that it is impossible, and so you should not make such sweeping statements.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #43
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
Cant tell the speed of the courts as long as the cheating moonballer isnt playing.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #44
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote