Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 186 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #2776
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
My dad's car is 10 years old. he said it might be time to change and you know my answer? "In your dreams, you don't have the money so drop it."

To you I say: "Imagine how many tennis tournaments you can visit with that money. How many Future events! And how many iPads you can buy!!"

Seriously, 6 years old is not old for a car
Yeah, but look at it like this. If I keep it for another 5 years, maybe I'll be too old to buy a new car or sick or dead or something.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #2777
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Life of a student, eh? Broke?

My brother phones home occasionally complaining that he has no money left, he's lost his phone, his student finance balance is incorrect etc.

Yet most people look back on those years of their life and say they are amongst the best.
Not me, buddy. I like the years where I've made money.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #2778
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Life of a student, eh? Broke?

My brother phones home occasionally complaining that he has no money left, he's lost his phone, his student finance balance is incorrect etc.

Yet most people look back on those years of their life and say they are amongst the best.
Oh I can't wait to be over it tbh. I will miss the people but that is it. I would rather start earning my own money. I have had this inner necessity of earning my own money ever since I came back from Budapest. Eventually you grow up and you want to support yourself.

I am never broke. I actually save a lot of money because I can eat at grandpa's place, and save money in other ways. I actually have some money saved, but it has a purpose. I would rather use some old sneakers for 5 years and then spend all my money travelling. So as much money as I have right now, it's an illusion because I will blow it in 5 seconds when I go to Brazil.

The thing is, I never ask my parents for money when I travel. So I have to save if I want to do what I love the most.

That is my one and only addiction. That and tennis, and it's awesome when I do both
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #2779
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Yeah, but look at it like this. If I keep it for another 5 years, maybe I'll be too old to buy a new car or sick or dead or something.
I hate it when you say stuff like that.

Why would you be too old to buy a new car?! Won't even comment on the other two.

But woman, if it's going to make you that much happier, I say buy the car. Just don't use your current car's age as an excuse.

Which car, btw?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #2780
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
I hate it when you say stuff like that.

Why would you be too old to buy a new car?! Won't even comment on the other two.

But woman, if it's going to make you that much happier, I say buy the car. Just don't use your current car's age as an excuse.

Which car, btw?
Prius

But I probably won't.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #2781
country flag arm

Quote:
Prius

But I probably won't.
Prius isn't your current car? Don't say you want to replace one Prius with a new version of the same car?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #2782
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Prius isn't your current car? Don't say you want to replace one Prius with a new version of the same car?
Sure.

This new one plugs in. I wouldn't have to buy gas ever when I was in town.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #2783
country flag arm

Quote:
Sure.

This new one plugs in. I wouldn't have to buy gas ever when I was in town.
But you would pay a fortune for electricity!

How long have you been thinking about it?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #2784
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh I can't wait to be over it tbh. I will miss the people but that is it. I would rather start earning my own money. I have had this inner necessity of earning my own money ever since I came back from Budapest. Eventually you grow up and you want to support yourself.

I am never broke. I actually save a lot of money because I can eat at grandpa's place, and save money in other ways. I actually have some money saved, but it has a purpose. I would rather use some old sneakers for 5 years and then spend all my money travelling. So as much money as I have right now, it's an illusion because I will blow it in 5 seconds when I go to Brazil.

The thing is, I never ask my parents for money when I travel. So I have to save if I want to do what I love the most.

That is my one and only addiction. That and tennis, and it's awesome when I do both
So how long ago did you go to Budapest and change your mindset?

Truth be told, I still feel like I want to stay in this bubble that I am in. I'm perfectly happy to repeat the same routine over and over. Not have to worry about myself too much, because my parents or others will always be able to help. It's selfish, but I'm just telling the truth. I don't want to grow up just yet. I have no opinion on saving or spending money. I have no idea what I want to study. I have no idea what career I might look at. I need time, but it doesn't feel like I have enough.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #2785
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Old 11-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #2786
country flag arm

Quote:

Truth be told, I still feel like I want to stay in this bubble that I am in. I'm perfectly happy to repeat the same routine over and over. Not have to worry about myself too much, because my parents or others will always be able to help. It's selfish, but I'm just telling the truth. I don't want to grow up just yet. I have no opinion on saving or spending money. I have no idea what I want to study. I have no idea what career I might look at. I need time, but it doesn't feel like I have enough.
I lived in Budapest for a year and came back on July 1st, 2011.. the day Nole beat Tsonga in Wimby's SF and became #2.

You have time. The changes will happen without you noticing it. So don't rush it.

Quote:
It's beautiful but so is YOUR Prius.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #2787
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:

I think you're just fine right now. Do you have two years of school left?

Also do you have to know what you want to do when you enter university or whatever? Sometimes it's good to spend time looking around, plus just because you choose one thing doesn't mean you have to stick with it forever. At some point, you definitely will want to be independent and on your own. I think if you don't want that right now, your home life must be pretty good. I really wanted to be independent and older pretty quickly. Not saying that was necessarily good for me though.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #2788
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I lived in Budapest for a year and came back on July 1st, 2011.. the day Nole beat Tsonga in Wimby's SF and became #2.

You have time. The changes will happen without you noticing it. So don't rush it.
Very nice. I hope you enjoyed yourself there. I've heard many great things about Budapest from other posters on here and some friends.

I have about a year, Raquel. The people in the year above me at school have sent off their university applications already. It's not that long, and everyone I talk to knows exactly what they want to do, or at least thinks they do. My cousin who is the same age as me (within 9 days) already knows he wants to study medicine. My best friend knows she wants to study law. I have narrowed it down slightly, but not much.

A year goes by quickly. I joined MTF a year ago almost exactly, and it has not felt like long.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #2789
country flag arm

Well, you like everything, so you can't really miss. Look on the bright side, it's not like you dislike everything, you just keep a lot of options in mind, that is good, IMO.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #2790
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will Staring next September, the other room in my flat will be free!
That's 9 months I'll be here with Romney, but I will be able to survive

Quote:

But, I hope Filip can move up to the challenger level.

Although honestly, I'm more likely to be an Alex fan.
I think Filip will move up to challengers pretty soon

Alex fans

Quote:
because Alex likes clay. I always like the clay guys. Normally my top favorite will be a clay player. Edberg was an exception.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread