WTF RR: Djokovic defeats Tsonga 7-6 (4) 6-3

9K views 131 replies 66 participants last post by  Nole fan 
#1 ·
Nole was bad.

Tsonga was worse.

#2 ·
Predictable and boring.

#5 ·
Crappy match really, was tense at the beginnning and never took off.

Tsonga had break points in 3 different games in the first set but couldn't convert. Clownga on big moments. Also his backhand is truly shit.

Nole winning in straights despite being off his game.

Group A suddenly doesn't look so strong at all.

#12 ·
Awfully slow yes. But not slow enough for Luckobitch not to get bagelled by Tipsarevic.

#7 ·
Sad, but completely expected. Jo simply doesn't have the belief against Nole anymore.

#9 ·
Routinovic at cruising altitude. Tsonga outplayed him until the tb and became Clownga. :zzz: I know people will talk about his backhand, but he seems to miss volleys and forehands as much or more on big points.

#17 ·
This. Forehand looked good at the start, but vanished as the match progressed.

#10 ·
Crappy match? Why?

Except from Tsonga's bad decisions on big points due to low confidence, it was pretty much a good match with some nice volleys, nice passing shots and lobs. Good hig level match, better player won

#24 ·
lol no. Djokovic was not as his best and Tsonga clowned away his opportunities. Not a lot of energy from the crowd either. The result is expected of course.

#14 ·
At least Tsonga was somewhat consistent and didn't get completely blown off the court. But his confidence is totally shot, Rashin is a lot of work on his hands if Tsonga is to reestablish himself as a threat.

Although to be fair he was a bit unlucky in the first set, especially in the first break point where Nole was saved by a netcord. Think he'll go 0-3 here though, sadly.

As for Nole, he played within himself and won as expected, he will most definitely be in the semis and competing for his second WTF title.

#66 ·
At least Tsonga was somewhat consistent and didn't get completely blown off the court. But his confidence is totally shot, Rashin is a lot of work on his hands if Tsonga is to reestablish himself as a threat.

Although to be fair he was a bit unlucky in the first set, especially in the first break point where Nole was saved by a netcord. Think he'll go 0-3 here though, sadly.

As for Nole, he played within himself and won as expected, he will most definitely be in the semis and competing for his second WTF title.
Guess you missed the 2nd set where he won just 2 points on Nole's serve, if that's not blown off, I don't know what is. Give it a rest Lenders, Tsonga ain't never going to be as good as Nole.

#18 ·
Hopefully Tsonga retires before his match against Murray after he loses to Berdych. I'd much rather watch Murray Gasquet, they are always entertaining.

#20 ·
nole a bit rusty, but managed to get the job done in auto-pilot mode.

#26 ·
It's amazing what a clown this Tsonga is. Djokovic on one leg would beat this headcase.
Isn't that what actually happened?:confused:

#101 ·
And after Tsonga said that Djokovic didn't have the "aura" that Roger and Rafa had... Djokovic is on a mission to make Jo feel his "aura". :)

I can imagine how angry Jo's fans must have been when he lost that first set. He outplayed Novak all through the first set: except when it mattered.

#30 ·
Good and solid/ interesting first set on a high level.

Djokovic has no problems on this really slow court (it looks slower than last year) because his defensive skills are very good and even with an average performance (shot wise) his movement and footwork is enough to beat some of the Top 8 players.

#38 ·
Yeah and I'm one ring away from marrying Eva Longoria. Totally going to happen.

Reactions: arm
#35 ·
Significant victory, first one indoors over Tsonga, I think.
Very lucky in the first set.

#60 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.