Supporting Jerzy Janowicz: Rules and Regulations - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Supporting Jerzy Janowicz: Rules and Regulations

Let's establish some ground rules for supporting this guy.

I know what you're thinking, "Who the [bleep] are you to establish rules?" Well, I can safely say that, as the bearer of law, this is my jurisdiction.

First, as a preamble: If it took this guy making the semis or finals of the event for you to "become a fan", you are clearly jumping on his success. You obviously weren't interested in his blatant talent. That would mean that you, good sir or ma'am, are a bandwagoner.

On the other hand, unless you were out there supporting him in Poland's DC win over Great Britain earlier, don't tell us you were the "original" Janowicz groupy. Let's face it, most of us were properly exposed to him in Paris.

Now on to the rules:

1. Don't start bashing on this guy if he struggles for a while after Paris. His ascension as a shark has been a quick one, he may have a hard time adjusting to the expectations and demands of the tour.

2. Do remember that, while talented, he is still a young player. Understand that he has a need to grow, and the time for it.

3. There's no need to compare this guy to every other big hitter out there. Del Po, Sod, and everyone's favorite barometer for big-hitting, Safin. Janowicz is his own man.

4. Don't call him "JJ".

5. No references to the Jersey Shore, or New Jersey in general. The J has a "Y" sound, Americans.

6. Fans, come up with a degrading MTF-like name for him before some hater mug does. Be more original than "Mugowicz". kthx.

7. Bandwagoners, if you want to genuinely support him, do so, but it must be done through hard times as well. Then you are a fan.

8. Please keep the grand predictions for his career, good or bad, to a minimum. MTF is not the place for psychic-hotlining. If we make it through 2012, he'll have many years left on tour for ups and downs.

--

That's all I have for now. Yes, this thread will inevitably be moved. No, don't take it that seriously. If you have any rules to add, please state them.

Let the support and the hate commence.

Last edited by BackhandDTL : 11-04-2012 at 12:21 AM.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting Jerzy Janowicz: Rules and Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
On the other hand, unless you were out there supporting him in Poland's DC win over Great Britain earlier, don't tell us you were the "original" Janowicz groupy. Let's face it, most of us were properly exposed to him in Paris.

1. Don't start bashing on this guy if he struggles for a while after Paris. His ascension as a shark has been a quick one, he may have a hard time adjusting to the expectations and demands of the tour.

2. Do remember that, while talented, he is still a young player. Understand that he has a need to grow, and the time for it.

3. There's no need to compare this guy to every other big hitter out there. Del Po, Sod, and everyone's favorite barometer for big-hitting, Safin. Janowicz is his own man.

4. Don't call him "JJ".

5. No references to the Jersey Shore, or New Jersey in general. The J has a "Y" sound, Americans.

6. Fans, come up with a degrading MTF-like name for him before some hater mug does. Be more original than "Mugowicz". kthx.

7. Bandwagoners, if you want to genuinely support him, do so, but it must be done through hard times as well. Then you are a fan.

8. Please keep the grand predictions for his career, good or bad, to a minimum. MTF is not the place for psychic-hotlining. If we make it through 2012, he'll have many years left on tour for ups and downs.
-1. Because that's the match you supported him at, that means that everyone who is his real fan saw that tie and even if they had scheduling conflicts they still aren't his fans?
1. Already making excuses?
2. A lot of the best players do well from a young age
3. Why the fuck not?
4. Why the fuck not?
5. You're American too
6. Mugowicz works.
7. Bandwagoners don't do that
8. I predict that you're an idiot and you'll be off the bandwagon by the end of the year
9. You're a complete mug
10. Mugowicz forum

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
-1. Because that's the match you supported him at, that means that everyone who is his real fan saw that tie and even if they had scheduling conflicts they still aren't his fans?
1. Already making excuses?
2. A lot of the best players do well from a young age
3. Why the fuck not?
4. Why the fuck not?
5. You're American too
6. Mugowicz works.
7. Bandwagoners don't do that
8. I predict that you're an idiot and you'll be off the bandwagon by the end of the year
9. You're a complete mug
10. Mugowicz forum
This post is proof that you have no business being in the "funniest poster" competition.

Re -1: I never claimed to see him at DC. Essentially, I'm saying no one really saw that tie, so no one should hate on others for supporting him in Paris. Please make sure your comprehension meets a certain standard before posting in this thread. kthx
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #4

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This post is proof that you have no business being in the "funniest poster" competition.

Re -1: I never claimed to see him at DC. Essentially, I'm saying no one really saw that tie, so no one should hate on others for supporting him in Paris. Please make sure your comprehension meets a certain standard before posting in this thread. kthx
I wasn't trying to be funny their... Plus you have no business being on MTF

Then why the fuck were you dissing bandwagoners if you're a bandwagoner yourself?

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 11-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

... How appropriate

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
country flag BackhandDTL

Quote:
Then why the fuck were you dissing bandwagoners if you're a bandwagoner yourself?
See the preamble on what separates a bandwagoner from a fan. I doubt I could have been any more clear on the distinguishment.

No one can be this stupid.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody has this man in their avatar yet. The first person to do so will be the epitome of bandwagoner. I'd have stars in my eyes

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #8

Quote:
See the preamble on what separates a bandwagoner from a fan. I doubt I could have been any more clear on the distinguishment.

No one can be this stupid.
OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.

That's not the difference between a fan and a bandwagoner, that's a blatant excuse to consider yourself a fan whereas in reality you're a bandwagoner as well... I had about a week long argument with J99 and Mug Lenders about this and they both ended up mysteriously not responding after I destroyed them.

You're the stupid person here maan.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
country flag BackhandDTL

Quote:
I had about a week long argument with J99 and Mug Lenders about this and they both ended up mysteriously not responding after I destroyed them.
Links or gtfo.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Links or gtfo.
It starts here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...wagon&page=123

Now you gtfo

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #11
country flag BackhandDTL

Quote:
Most of it was tl;dr. Of the exchange that I did, you were getting pwned, making you a liar who tells lies.

On a more serious note, Mark is right, it's ridiculous not to expect people to talk about a player once they are exposed to him and like what they see. Only a fool would support a player by "name". The distinguishment I made is that he's looked impressive since R1, so there's no excuse for "falling for him" once he reached the finals.

Go back to supporting Tuna Altuna or whomever.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Most of it was tl;dr. Of the exchange that I did, you were getting pwned, making you a liar who tells lies.

On a more serious note, Mark is right, it's ridiculous not to expect people to talk about a player once they are exposed to him. The distinguishment I made is that he's looked impressive since R1, so there's no excuse for "falling for him" once he reached the finals.

Go back to supporting Tuna Altuna or whomever.
I wasn't... I wound up winning

I'm not expecting people to, but it doesn't mean they aren't bandwagoners...

I will, Tuna Altuna for life!

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #13
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Jerzylicious?

Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote