Janowicz - the latest hype job - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Janowicz - the latest hype job

I am ON the bandwagon

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
country flag RNW

RNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond repute

Let's compare him to Rosol.

Rosol did play this great match against Nadal.
But even in this match you saw the problems of his game, he choked one set away and was bad in two of five sets.
In the fifth set he made winners which were stunning but a lot of them were on the line, it was huge risk the whole set and it was on grass indoors.
You can not expect him to play at this level in following matches or tournaments.
After that match, Rosol lost the next match without playing great.

Janowicz did play a fantastic week until today.
He played great in MORE than one match or set.
He played great in several matches against different opponents.
He serves with ease tons of aces, he has touch, variety, good shotmaking.
Of course he won't play like this at every tournament but you can imagine more that he can repeat this level again and again. Not a every tournament on every surface, but at least from to time to time.
[Suicide T.]: Winner of WTF Masters London 2013, Shanghai 2012, Montpellier 2013 & Barcelona 2014
[TT]: -
RNW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #18
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNW View Post
Let's compare him to Rosol.

Rosol did play this great match against Nadal.
But even in this match you saw the problems of his game, he choked one set away and was bad in two of five sets.
In the fifth set he made winners which were stunning but a lot of them were on the line, it was huge risk the whole set and it was on grass indoors.
You can not expect him to play at this level in following matches or tournaments.
After that match, Rosol lost the next match without playing great.

Janowicz did play a fantastic week until today.
He played great in MORE than one match or set.
He played great in several matches against different opponents.
He serves with ease tons of aces, he has touch, variety, good shotmaking.
Of course he won't play like this at every tournament but you can imagine more that he can repeat this level again and again. Not a every tournament on every surface, but at least from to time to time.
I don´t get this Jerzy and Rosol why people are comparing them no point

Rosol is ballbasher, that played match of his life vs Rafa and became ,,legend,, but he is relatively old and he is loosing to random mugs left-right, he won´t probably even reach top 50, i think 65 is his career high. His serve isn´t so special, just like any ballbasher in zone is hitting hard not only groundstrokes but also serve - but that´s it

Janowicz - totally different, he will be 22 in few days, so he has potential to do something in his career, top 10 potential at least, he is not ballbasher, he is more using drop shots and isn´t going for winners all the time - and serve wise he is in another leage - his serve right now is arguably most powerfull on the tour - he is hitting 220-235kph bombs all the time, only other player right now who can do it is Raonic, but even he is using more slice and variety and less pace.

JErzy is big server with weird game for big server, big future ahead of him.

Rosol is balbasher, who won´t achieve anything signifficant in his career, he will always be remembered for Rafa match but that´s it.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #19
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond repute

the guy got game and showed it this week;what is the problem with aknowledging it ?
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
country flag out_grinder
Banned!

out_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
I am ON the bandwagon
You better not be - this is exactly the sort of Rosol-type once-in-a-lifetime slam performer who could beat Nadal at Wimby
out_grinder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #21
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

90% of posters here know little about tennis, so the bandwagoning (which is basically attention-whoring) comes with the territory.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #22
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Janowicz, though, does have talent, and he is way better than Rosol ever was or will be.

He's improved a lot. He was a dumb lead footed erratic basher like a year ago.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #23
country flag Min son

Min son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
His game is nice, but I don't like his personality
What's wrong with his personality?
Min son is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #24
country flag Hellraiser

Hellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe even if he won with tankers like Murray and Tipsarević, Janowicz won with not another person like Tursunov, Serra, Kohli, Ćilić which Big Pole won with them.

He is working here really good to have a match with tankers and beat them.

It's not a pitty to tank with this guy, really talented.

Huge serves and fh down the line or even crosscourt. Jurek sees very much (drop shots), He is running on whole court not munching balls from the baseline with solid fh like it is for a huge guy and have a really good stamina for a this tall guy.

He is playing a joyful tennis for us viewers and for him.

I really don't know how many "don't know-how" users are here and haters to new talents.

I see in Janowicz at the moment, a new Safin but without throwing the racquets.

Thanks.
Hellraiser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #25
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone on this forum jumps on a bandwagon or is unknowledgeable about tennis...I have been backing Jerzy Jagger since the beginning of the year...He did not have just one good win but won several Challenger titles this year, made a big run almost to Wimby 4th round(had MP's against Mayer)...So you can't act like he is a flash in the pan with consistent results all year Bandwagon freaks take one or two big wins or a one deep run in a tournament and go nuts over it...Jerzy has been consistent this year
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #26
country flag out_grinder
Banned!

out_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond repute

Until Janowicz takes Nadal out of a slam he can never be considered better than Rosol.
out_grinder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #27
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

I'll hop in on the bandwagon if he beats Simon. Now I'm semi-bandwagoning But one thing I'm sure of. He has a better chance of doing something great than Raonic, because he's not that serve reliant. He is, ofc, but to a much lesser extent than Milos.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #28
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Janowicz, though, does have talent, and he is way better than Rosol ever was or will be.

He's improved a lot. He was a dumb lead footed erratic basher like a year ago.
Dumb lead-footed ball basher...Simply disgusting remarks...Get a life, dude Same person who said Jerzy sucked on clay and was nothing more than a Futures or Challengers level mug Such a hater...I guess you are pressed because your faves could never...Oh wait, I meant, I guess Pippy Volandri could never
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_grinder View Post
Until Janowicz takes Nadal out of a slam he can never be considered better than Rosol.
Janowicz just beat Tipsarevic. Tipsarevic beat Kohli in a Slam. Kohli beat Djokovic in a Slam. Djokovic beat Nadal in a Slam. Hence Janowicz > Nadal
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #30
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min son View Post
What's wrong with his personality?
I saw his interview and he's very stoic. On court he also is rude in his celebrations

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote