Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 183 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #2731
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

I swear to God, if he gets back happy and healthy I'll conscientiously watch all his matches to their bitter end, even the ones vs Nole

Rafa Nadal, as a religious experience

After all, martyrdom is an experience and is religious, no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #2732
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Alive and well.

Lost power for 48 hours and just got it back but otherwise everything's mostly fine where I live.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #2733
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Hema

I was more worried for the hurricane meeting you, tbh
Old 11-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #2734
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God Hema.
The devastation has been huge though.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #2735
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Oh, I thought you only had like the problem with the pollen in spring/summer and the running nose/eyes or so.
Gosh my skin has never 'done' anything like THAT so I am at a complete loss of what could cause it for over a month now so I finally have to go to the dermatologist. I also know they're usually pretty useless, as I am paying myself I chose a doctor with the best reviews from the patients at least. Our health insurance time would've been in January.
What kind of meds do you have? My GP didn't want to give me any hormonal pills, she only prescribed some 'harmless' cream that doesn't seem too helpful.
I have skin allergies and what I like to call my "nose allergies".

I'm allergic to a gazillion stuff so it's not just linked to pollen/summer but to just about anything.
My skin allergy is a contact allergy, meaning that my skin reacts strongly to touch (very annoying) so that involves a lot.
My nose allergy is something that's gotten annoying in the last 10 years and increasingly so which I find weird: my nose reacts to grass, to trees, to animals with a fur, to dust, ... so it's all year long but worse in the summer.

The good thing is that the medication that helps my skin allergies also help my nose allergies. I take antihistamines: Zyrtec (or rather, generic versions of it) and Aerius.
Both do wonders for my allergies.

When my skin reacts strongly to something specific (I once had a bad reaction to cardboard for example. My skin HATES cardboard for some odd reason ), I often get a cortisone treatment.

Last edited by Castafiore : 11-01-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #2736
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

WOW Hilde! That must be so annoying.
But yeah there are weird things in the world.
I took the antihistamine (over-the-counter) for 11 days too but then my eyes became too dry so I decided to stop.
And seems that dermatolgists indeed deal with the skin allergies so I hope she can tell me at least something and make some kind of test or smth. I wouldn't have even known where to turn.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #2737
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

There are worse conditions to have, much worse. It's just annoying to be so sensitive to touch but since it's not life threatening and mostly quite invisible thanks to the medication, it's not that bad.

Yes indeed, dermatologists deal with skin allergies. It's your best option.

Just watched that Rafa video Dammit, I miss him on court. It sucks seeing tournament after tournament pass without him.

I saw the following slide live in MC:

If that long slide looks impressive on your screen, it looked much better live. I remember the entire public simply gasping at that.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #2738
country flag acionescu

Summer of 2008

the perfect hair, the perfect outfit, the perfect summer

Sadly that Rafa doesnt exist anymore, it dissapeared in that long 2009 break, he has never been the same since
Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #2739
country flag Castafiore

That was a magnificent edition of MC when everything was just right although this year's edition was quite perfect as well.

Hey, apparently, the shorts are going to be shorter in 2013. That's at least something to look forward to, right?
Old 11-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #2740
country flag acionescu

Not only MC but also Hamburg, RG( final ), Queens, OG and Toronto( the perfect hair day )

Not that keen on that Wimbledon because of the overhyped final God, how I hated the rain that day, it would have been a quick three-setter if not for the rain
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #2741
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
That was a magnificent edition of MC when everything was just right although this year's edition was quite perfect as well.

Hey, apparently, the shorts are going to be shorter in 2013. That's at least something to look forward to, right?
At least some good news.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #2742
country flag acionescu

I like Muzza's new haircut
Old 11-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #2743
country flag MariaV

Cute Milos lost to Big Sam.
I only watched cute Milos last night vs Chardy.
I'd say Berdych for the winner now.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #2744
country flag acionescu

Ferrer not Berdych
Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #2745
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Hema

I was more worried for the hurricane meeting you, tbh
The way I am now, it certainly didn't have enough strength to blow me away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Thank God Hema.
The devastation has been huge though.
Yup. Actually, went around my town and we are one of the lucky few to get power back. 2 mile long queues at gas stations, most grocery stores closed and fresh food and milk not available anywhere. And my town is about 50 miles northwest of the coast, so not even close to being the most impacted.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread