Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #706
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviopr View Post
I think there are a possible race for the year-end number 2 between Federer and Murray. Roger is 1955 points ahead, but will fight just for 1500 points until the end of the year. Murray is playing Paris, so has 2500 points to reach yet. What do you think?
there's a thread in GM on that topic, the conditions were posted.
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #707
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
there's a thread in GM on that topic, the conditions were posted.
I had not seen. Thanks!
saviopr is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #708
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
before the WTF, after Paris actually (that's in the rulebook)

A Few years ago there was a difference between the top-30 after Paris and in the end of year, I think it was because of challenger points from previous year lost by Schüttler later than Paris, Lopez was the other guy concerned iirc. And of course some people were troubled by that difference

By the way, Stepanek withdrawing, he will not keep his commitment next year.
Thank you kindly for your answer.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #709
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
In case Almagro loses to Tsonga in Paris, he would have the same ranking as Gasquet.
That is not true. There are many separation methods in case of the same number of points. The first being the points gathered in GS and MS tournaments. Gasquet is ahead 1755-1280. Thus, Gasquet will still be #10 if Almagro beats Ramos.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #710
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
^^In the weekly ranking lists on the ATP website players on the same points share the same ranking number.
That's why I was unsure whether there's any tiebreaks.
So, thanks for the clarification.
Apparently they just intend to keep things simple on their website.
No, they don't. The same ranking number is shared only by players having the same points, points earned in MS/GS, number of tournaments, and points breakdown for each tournament they earned points in. I'm glad I could help and I hope you understand how this goes.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #711
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^^In the weekly ranking lists on the ATP website players on the same points share the same ranking number.
That's why I was unsure whether there's any tiebreaks.
So, thanks for the clarification.
Apparently they just intend to keep things simple on their website.
It is because you were looking at the "Singles Race to London Ranking " http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx . On the 52 weeks ranking they are separated http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

all the players tied in the "Singles Race to London" have no chance to qualify to World Tour Finals so no real use to separate them
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #712
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
^^Yes, I was talking about the Race rankings of course, since my question was about the WTF.
Slasher85 is expert for the entry rankings only, okay.

...So, they do not separate players on the same points in the Race,
but after Paris they would do so if necessary,
and probably by using the same tiebreaks as for the entry rankings.
Yes, the Race rankings have the same rules as the entry rankings. The reason they get the same ranking number is because there was never a situation where the tiebreaker was needed. If it will come to that, they will apply the same rule.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #713
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^^Yes, I was talking about the Race rankings of course, since my question was about the WTF.
Slasher85 is expert for the entry rankings only, okay.

...So, they do not separate players on the same points in the Race,
but after Paris they would do so if necessary,
and probably by using the same tiebreaks as for the entry rankings.
Yes on Nov 5th , the Race and entry ranking will be identical.
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #714
country flag Beta2k

Beta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond repute

if federer would have won paris and WTF. and nole (as he did) lost today. would have year end #1 for roger been possible?
Beta2k is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #715
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
if federer would have won paris and WTF. and nole (as he did) lost today. would have year end #1 for roger been possible?
Yes, definitely. Even two RR victories by Djokovic would not have been enough if Federer won everything.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #716
country flag Beta2k

Beta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Yes, definitely. Even two RR victories by Djokovic would not have been enough if Federer won everything.
and with semi-final in paris or WTF for roger also possible?
Beta2k is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #717
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
and with semi-final in paris or WTF for roger also possible?
No. Possible with final in Paris only if Djokovic lost all RR matches.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #718
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

I have eliminated the confusion created by the fact that there were too many files in the location provided in the OP, by moving the Official Rankings from past Mondays into a separate directory, location also provided now in the OP.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #719
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

lol Roger might live to regret skipping Paris-Bercy.

Karma's a bitch.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #720
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong, Milos now needs to win Paris an Tipsy not in te final for Milos to make the WTF?

He can get in as 1st alternate if he makes the semis, Almagro doesn't make semis, Monaco doesn't make semis, Nishikori doesn't win and Wawrinka doesn't win?

He can make 2nd alt if he makes the semis and 1 of those 4 things above happens?

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread