Vasek Pospisil - Page 96 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #1426
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Oh.

Vasek really needed to do well here. A shame he didn't. Congrats to DGT, though. This is his home event, and he would be super motivated.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #1427
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I watched the score board when he was serving for the match and lost the serve on the first bp in the game after he saved all previous 7 BPs in the match. I stopped watching figured out he would lost
He saved the first bp in that game and got broken on the 2nd, not that it matters

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #1428
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Hajek though would have been a very winnable match, unlike perhaps the other 2 players, I thought he had a decent chance in all except maybe Berankis, I don't know why you would think Hajek is better or so much better than him, cause he's not.
I'm not saying that hajek is a better player than vasek, it doesnt take being a better player per say to beat someone else though.

Hajek likes these courts so thats why i thought vasek would have had a hard time getting by him

given the way this season's gone and the fact that any time he has come against decent competition he's lost it was hard for me to be optimistic about the draw..although the one time i was he meat my expectations

Last edited by misty1 : 10-20-2012 at 10:21 PM.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #1429
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Hajek is worst that the majority of players he's lost to this year, Hajek is the type of player he's able to beat, unfortunately for Vasek that's not the type of competition he's going to face on a regular basis playing ATP events

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #1430
country flag 156mphserve

Lately anyway, I just looked up some of the players he lost to early in the year, yikes

Since RG however every player he's lost to is better than Hajek except maybe Williams and Dustov who were both playing home events, and event then I don't consider Williams much worse than Hajek

I really think he would hav beaten Hajek, sucks he had to get broken while serving for the match, imo he was the better player in the match(didn't see it, just liking at stats, better 1st serve %, more won 2nd serve points? More aces, less DF, he broke serve more times)

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #1431
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Lately anyway, I just looked up some of the players he lost to early in the year, yikes

Since RG however every player he's lost to is better than Hajek except maybe Williams and Dustov who were both playing home events, and event then I don't consider Williams much worse than Hajek

I really think he would hav beaten Hajek, sucks he had to get broken while serving for the match, imo he was the better player in the match(didn't see it, just liking at stats, better 1st serve %, more won 2nd serve points? More aces, less DF, he broke serve more times)
well he hasnt had many WTF losses..even early in the year

for me his biggest disappointments did happen rather recently against dustov and williams. Yeah they were playing at home but i still feel like those were matches he should have won and then ofcourse there's the straight set loss with only 1 break point earned against lorenzi.

im not sure where he's going next but with the point loss and players in position to move past him this really damages his chances of fulfilling his goal and making the AO direct and top 100 by years end.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #1432
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
I'm not saying that hajek is a better player than vasek, it doesnt take being a better player per say to beat someone else though.

Hajek likes these courts so thats why i thought vasek would have had a hard time getting by him

given the way this season's gone and the fact that any time he has come against decent competition he's lost it was hard for me to be optimistic about the draw..although the one time i was he meat my expectations
Yeah, I agree that if a player is better overall than another player it doesn't mean that they will win all the time, so you have to go by the specific matchup, and I would say that Vashy would still have the edge here, on clay maybe not though.

Even if Hajek likes the courts, it's still not a clay court which he likes best, and Vasek no matter how slow, still likes the hard court best, the ball still bounces like it's supposed to on a HC, just slower and you don't have to slide on a HC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
well he hasnt had many WTF losses..even early in the year

for me his biggest disappointments did happen rather recently against dustov and williams. Yeah they were playing at home but i still feel like those were matches he should have won and then ofcourse there's the straight set loss with only 1 break point earned against lorenzi.

im not sure where he's going next but with the point loss and players in position to move past him this really damages his chances of fulfilling his goal and making the AO direct and top 100 by years end.
The Dustov match was at altitude, so I don't think Vasek was ready for that, plus Williams is from the US, and it's usually tough to beat those guys who are trying to get into the USO, they are typically extra motivated.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.

Last edited by J99 : 10-22-2012 at 01:14 PM.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #1433
country flag misty1
Banned!

live rankings have vasek moving up to 99 in the world..i dont understand that because he should have been dropping points having not defended the points he got in valencia last year
Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #1434
country flag 156mphserve

Valencia was a week later last year, he'll drop those points in 2 weeks not this coming weekend

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion

Last edited by 156mphserve : 10-22-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #1435
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Valencia was a week later last year, he'll drop those points in 2 weeks not this coming weekend
oh okay, thanks. Im not trying to sound like im complaining im just confused and trying to understand what was happening there.

Last edited by misty1 : 10-22-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #1436
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

He's got Burquier up next in Geneva, very winnable, has a nice draw, could do well here.

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #1437
country flag misty1
Banned!

as mu uncle ronnie loved to say:

coulda, woulda, shoulda

lost 7-6, 2-6, 2-6
Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #1438
country flag J99

Vasy needs to work on his mental game, he's weak there, as this recent loss shows.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #1439
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Vasy needs to work on his mental game, he's weak there, as this recent loss shows.
Based on what?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #1440
country flag J99

He's playing in Ortisei this week on carpet, has Jimmy Wang in R1, a winnable match, but as his recent performances show, don't count on it.