How do we deal with the moniker problem on MTF? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do we deal with the moniker problem on MTF?

Its pretty clear that accounts like Topspinfetishist, Noserer, End da Game can only be made by people who have lurked long enough on MTF.

I am not saying these are necessarily double accounts; there's no valid reason to ban a new poster who's simply been affected by the bittersweet sting of MTF and therefore chooses a name as a homage to some favorite troll or his style. But these new posters could very well be one of the old fans like Johnny Groove, Clay Death, Magician or some other previously banned poster trying to squeeze his/her way into MTF right in time for the ACC.

As I am one of the most smart, intelligent, clear-thinking posters who can separate the sleaze from the sham in MTF, I thought its time to bring this debate in the open.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do we deal with the moniker problem on MTF?

We all know that Topspin is actually Tomic, trying to stress out MTF for considering him a spoiled brat. Noserer could be Nadal being bored while recuperating.

Seriously talking, why so much suspicion? You don't think that the users you mentioned are actually the only people thinking the way they think. Although I do have to admit, Noserer is pretty suspicious for a first-time user name.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

a Thousand suspicion is not a proof.

i dont get whats the problem with Monitor their IP Address or something and see if theres 2 users with different account.

i didnt know the Magician or start the game but who is ban and used to call fed Noserer?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

I say we keep these trolls, even if double accounts, just solely for the fact that they provide the lulz.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Topspinfetishist isn't at all suspicious, topspin is a common word in tennis and "fetishist" could not be much less similar to "doctor"

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
We all know that Topspin is actually Tomic
Makes sense, both are morons in equal measures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
I say we keep these trolls, even if double accounts, just solely for the fact that they provide the lulz.
None of them are funny, I say ban these but bring back some of the classic trolls from the permabanned list
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Its pretty clear that accounts like Topspinfetishist, Noserer, End da Game can only be made by people who have lurked long enough on MTF.
They may have lurked, but not as already-existing posters. I think there has been some other MTF nicknames that didn't look like trolls at all, only tards at worst. If a new poster doesn't have the same IP than an existing poster, then he mustn't be banned.

Another thing is insulting nicknames like Noserer and Nadull, they shouldn't be tolerated, especially in usernames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I am not saying these are necessarily double accounts; there's no valid reason to ban a new poster who's simply been affected by the bittersweet sting of MTF and therefore chooses a name as a homage to some favorite troll or his style. But these new posters could very well be one of the old fans like Johnny Groove, Clay Death, Magician or some other previously banned poster trying to squeeze his/her way into MTF right in time for the ACC.
I would've never believed ACC is so desired a title. And Groove wasn't banned, he withdrew himself.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Another thing is insulting nicknames like Noserer and Nadull, they shouldn't be tolerated, especially in usernames.
I just had a quick thought. What if in a few generations time (maybe sooner), some tennis players with these exact names: Noserer or Nadull emerge? The forumers nicks would not be as insulting anymore.

On the other hand, this is also interesting:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nadull

http://www.kawaner6s.es/forum/index.php?showuser=10348
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have to have a minimum number of posts (300??) to be eligible for ACC anyways
Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post

On the other hand, this is also interesting:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nadull
Quote:
Rafael Nadal's tennis nickname among tennis experts.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Fetishist got banned it seems
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

How does this IP address monitoring work anyway? Is it the IP address of the computer you signed up on that is known or the IP address of a computer you use every time you log in?

If its just when you sign up then that can easily be avoided by going to the library and making an account, also who's to say 2 people with the same IP is the same person, people do share computers you know, I don't see thr same IP as a legit reason to ban someone as its possible its different people using same computer

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #13
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

*smartest .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
How does this IP address monitoring work anyway? Is it the IP address of the computer you signed up on that is known or the IP address of a computer you use every time you log in?

If its just when you sign up then that can easily be avoided by going to the library and making an account, also who's to say 2 people with the same IP is the same person, people do share computers you know, I don't see thr same IP as a legit reason to ban someone as its possible its different people using same computer
yes I have a black belt in internetz and I can confirm you can check the IP everytime someone even visits a webpage, let alone logs in somewhere. Exception is if that person hides his/her true IP adress which can be done. Mostly gonna be annoying for the person doing it so if that's the case it's often some kind of professional troll/scamer or a very paranoid person that absolutely wants anonymity on the net.

Anyhow, many forum trolls have twin brothers with the exact same personality and interests. So sometimes when the first twin is banned (and ofc abandons his account never to be seen again) his/her twin often wants to revenge and start their own account. Then they act exactly like the previous poster and under the same IP but with a new name. When the troll twin eventually also gets banned one can only hope they weren't triplets
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 PM   #15
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post

I think I read somewhere you're supposed to contact the mods to make some special arrangement if you have two people with different usernames in the same household.

Though really, any household with more than one person chronically wasting time on MTF is doomed anyways. Unemployment, repossession of your computer, eviction, homelessness and confinement to jail/mental institute can't be far off.