Does Federer like Del Potro better than Djokovic or Nadal? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #31
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Federer like Del Potro better than Djokovic or Nadal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
in the past he has thrown a few shades at murray, but he seems to like him more these days for some reason, there's a been a noticeably change in tone from him towards murray after the wimbledon final, he's been saying things like 'murray will win a slam', and after the olympic final he looked quite surprisingly relaxed and happy for murray in his post-match interview even though he lost to him, and then after the us open he said how murray should aim for no.1, etc.
as I said, if you go even before that, he had often said a lot of nice words about Murray, which he never did for Djokovic. Actually until quite late he thought that Murray would have more success than Djokovic (not anymore of course : he learnt enough about Djokovic's abilities since then and has respected him highly for a few years )

Then there were his comments after a Dubai loss about Murray's game which were badly received by Murray (I remember her mother's words a few months later), but even more by the newspapers, esp. British ones ... and Muzzalovah

However, what Fed said that day was what many people have said since then about Murray's game and what he should change

But the truth is Fed has always been very genuinely impressed by Murray's talent (and I can understand why watching Murray play live) hence his reactions this summer.

On the personal point of view their relationship is not like the one with DelPo's, but for the game, Fed has a kind of affection for Murray's talent.
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #32
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
as I said, if you go even before that, he had often said a lot of nice words about Murray, which he never did for Djokovic. Actually until quite late he thought that Murray would have more success than Djokovic (not anymore of course : he learnt enough about Djokovic's abilities since then and has respected him highly for a few years )

Then there were his comments after a Dubai loss about Murray's game which were badly received by Murray (I remember her mother's words a few months later), but even more by the newspapers, esp. British ones ... and Muzzalovah

However, what Fed said that day was what many people have said since then about Murray's game and what he should change

But the truth is Fed has always been very genuinely impressed by Murray's talent (and I can understand why watching Murray play live) hence his reactions this summer.

On the personal point of view their relationship is not like the one with DelPo's, but for the game, Fed has a kind of affection for Murray's talent.
Yeah maybe too much gets read about these snippets of quotes anyway. The likes of federer and nadal do loads of media work on top of the hours of training they have to do, I doubt they put much thought into what they say, and sometimes its hard to avoid giving the wrong impression unless they say the same mundane things over and over again or if they refuse to give a personal opinion which is what journalists look for all the time in interviews. Tbh I think most of them have a neutral relationship with each other, not friends but not enemies either. They don't see each that often anyway, only a few are close friends like federer and haase.
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is a grumpy old git

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #34
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

federer hates djokovic, he's pretty warm to everyone else

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer likes the only two guys who have a positive H2H against him in slam finals : Del Po and Nadal.

And he often practises with Simon who is a torture for his game.

But the first truth is that, as many people said : Del Po is a guy who is universally appreciated by players, as Tsonga and Nadal (in a lesser extent for the latter) are ... and contrary to Berdych and Söderling for instance.

As for Murray being hated by Federer ? I think you haven't understood everything Fed has said about Murray in his carreer, the topic is much more complicated, Fed has always appreciated Murray a lot actually (contrary to Djokovic), he has just thought he doesn't use his talent the way Fed would like him to do, in an offensive way (and more importantly Murray is a touchy guy ... however less so than some of his fans like MuzzaLovah )
Dude, I didn't make the thread here with pages of quotes of Fed's trashing him over the years. I'm not making it up. Also, if Murray has really said anything remotely negative about Fed that wasn't indirect response to a question asking about one of Fed's shady comments, I haven't seen it. I don't see him being touchy about that sort of stuff.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
Old 10-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #36
country flag MuzzahLovah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post

How could anyone hate this face?
Lol, Berdy is so cuddly

Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #37
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Roger likes Delpo - many reasons, 1st Delpo likes Roger - idealizing him and so on, Roger seems to like people who are in public saying how Roger is best and so on - Delpo always is praysing Roger, i would say from top 10 Delpo is the one which Roger likes most

RAfa- well it was mentioned many times, thier rivalry and media attention - they seems to get along, but i think they are not friends, they respect each other as big name in tennis and tough competition, but that´s it

Nole - not much to say, incidents, like DC, MC yelling to Nole´s camp and everything, i think Nole always liked Roger and was trying to get along with him, just Roger doesn´t like him for many reasons, they now also respect each other, and i honestly beleive Roger like him more and just is aware of fact Nole is good and trying to get along, but nothing more

ANdy- well this changed dramatically, Murray few years ago had talks like he wants to beat Fed and so on, but lately really Roger´s interviews about Andy are surprisingly nice - someting happened there between them off court, maybe Andy is supporting Roger´s decisions on board, who knows, but Andy right now i think get along with Roger

Tsonga- Roger seems to be popular among frenchmen, he speaks their language, but don´t know another reason, but Jo and Roger are getting along i think

Berdych- not much to say - Roger´s big career losses came to Tomas when nobody was expecting them - Olympics, Wimby10, USO and so on.

Ferrer- Roger never lost to him, Ferrer is prasing him, but his limited english and personality don´t think make them friends, but at least we can say Roger doesn´t have vs David for sure

Don´t have time to go to more players, but from top guys Delpo is Roger´s favourite kid i think
romismak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #38
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

The way he says like, the Guy takes like 10 EVERY time

No for real, I think after their close matches / somewhat same personality he likes DelPo a lot. I don't think Fed and Rafa are friends of each other but they do respect each other and Fed definately doesn't hate Rafa.

I also feel that Fed thinks Murray is more talented than Djoko and always liked him better. The way he speaks about Murray now that he has won a slam (that he deserved it and he saw it coming) is also an indication that he likes Murray better.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #39
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Dude, I didn't make the thread here with pages of quotes of Fed's trashing him over the years. I'm not making it up. Also, if Murray has really said anything remotely negative about Fed that wasn't indirect response to a question asking about one of Fed's shady comments, I haven't seen it. I don't see him being touchy about that sort of stuff.
sometimes I had the impression that he was touchy, more sensitive than others, but anyway British newspapers and some of his fans like you have been very touchy about a few words you compiled which I all knew but one and which didn't have to be taken so harshly imo if you considered other very nice things Fed had said about Murray for a long time (and which Romismak seems to have also missed)
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #40
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer likes the only two guys who have a positive H2H against him in slam finals : Del Po and Nadal.

And he often practises with Simon who is a torture for his game.

But the first truth is that, as many people said : Del Po is a guy who is universally appreciated by players, as Tsonga and Nadal (in a lesser extent for the latter) are ... and contrary to Berdych and Söderling for instance.

As for Murray being hated by Federer ? I think you haven't understood everything Fed has said about Murray in his carreer, the topic is much more complicated, Fed has always appreciated Murray a lot actually (contrary to Djokovic), he has just thought he doesn't use his talent the way Fed would like him to do, in an offensive way (and more importantly Murray is a touchy guy ... however less so than some of his fans like MuzzaLovah )
Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
in the past he has thrown a few shades at murray, but he seems to like him more these days for some reason, there's a been a noticeably change in tone from him towards murray after the wimbledon final, he's been saying things like 'murray will win a slam', and after the olympic final he looked quite surprisingly relaxed and happy for murray in his post-match interview even though he lost to him, and then after the us open he said how murray should aim for no.1, etc.
Lol that is all his PR. He is always the most PR person on tour, he always tries to portray an image rather than being himself. Did you watch when they walked around with the Medals how his body language was with Murray you can sense some negativity there. Of course his going to say that after he just beat the guy, It's so easy to be gracious after a win.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #41
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Lol that is all his PR. He is always the most PR person on tour, he always tries to portray an image rather than being himself.
that's not at all what all of the people who approach him much more than us say, they say he's a very natural person, and I've read plenty of those things from many different persons, and he's very often in public situations, being the most interviewed and sollicited tennis player.

And in his interviews imo he showed that he valued sincerity a lot (which includes teasing which is a part of his character) which is a kind of character I can understand.

But I know that many people who have not approached him think many bad things about what he "really thinks" for whatever reason.

As for the negativity when Murray was with the medal, maybe it was just envy that he didn't have the gold medal ?

Last edited by duong : 10-30-2012 at 06:51 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #42
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Lol that is all his PR. He is always the most PR person on tour, he always tries to portray an image rather than being himself. Did you watch when they walked around with the Medals how his body language was with Murray you can sense some negativity there. Of course his going to say that after he just beat the guy, It's so easy to be gracious after a win.
Lol, I always laugh when people start playing experts and try to convince others what they want to see is the truth. Hilarious, really. I suppose Roger should have been tripping Murray when they were walking around and trying to make him look like an idiot.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

he just insulted him after basel, with his usual bitchy comments

nothing compared to the hatred he's thrown at nadal or djokovic though

federer
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #44
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you ask Federer himself?
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #45
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
he just insulted him after basel, with his usual bitchy comments

nothing compared to the hatred he's thrown at nadal or djokovic though

federer
Federer even apparently even said "I'm really happy for you"

What an asshole.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote