Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 148 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #2206
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Are the Poles known for their good looks?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #2207
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I will avoid it. I like Filip a lot, you're right, but I get the feeling that the thread is for people who appreciate other things about him.
It's not true. I said it before, I am not into him because of the way he looks. It's how cool, mature and nice to fans he his. And I suppose it doesn't hurt that he seems to be promising tennis-wise.

So don't be silly.

Quote:
I don't think so. If I hadn't come along, you'd still like him. IIRC, you and star were already talking a lot about him. I just told you a bit about the Futures circuit so you could follow his progress. I'm very sure you would have achieved that without me, a very easy task.

I can't say that I share your sentiments about Nole winning Shangai, but I guess a consolation of it was that I ended up here. Only kidding!

Thanks, though.
Wouldn't be the same.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #2208
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are the Poles known for their good looks?
Hell no. Sorry to any polish man or women reading this, but in generally, neither sex is very good looking.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #2209
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it wouldn't be the same, but at least your thread would be left in peace.

I agree that there's something about Peliwo that makes him likeable to the a very extreme extent. It's quite frightening actually. I hope he doesn't lose it as he grows older.

Yeah, the Poles aren't very good looking, that's what I thought.

Now one thing I don't understand, Raquel, is why you aren't showing more interest to this young man.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...erid=100151367

I think he will have a better career than Peliwo, as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #2210
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course you are not serious. But when are you ever serious then?

They generate the most money, yes, so they deserve the most money. Only a fool would contest that. However the top players at the moment are trying to get first round losers in Grand Slams to earn more money. I think a better idea would be to give more money to people who win challengers and futures instead. The money would be better distributed there. Why should people who could quite feasibly turn up, not give a shit, lose 6-0 6-0 6-0 and earn €25k for that, when someone else is toiling away in a competitive challenger, for a whole week, potentially playing 15 tough sets, just to pick up a winner's cheque of about €5k?

Tennis is a joke nowadays and it's the fault of the top players. The ATP allows themselves to be bossed around by them too much.
Quote:
If you haven't noticed already, I'm in a rotten mood, so don't bother responding to me if you know what's good for you.

No reponse to the first quote after reading the second quote
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #2211
country flag arm

Quote:
Of course it wouldn't be the same, but at least your thread would be left in peace.
What do you mean?

Quote:
I agree that there's something about Peliwo that makes him likeable to the a very extreme extent. It's quite frightening actually. I hope he doesn't lose it as he grows older.
Exactly. It's rather frightening. This thread he opened on the other forum, who does that?? Answering all the fans tweets, writing the blogs... And how does he even find time for all this? The fact that he does make the time is simply impressive. But for me, the biggest factor was how he handled and handles those question on that other forum. It's just incredible. He is funny but mature, he handles the polemic questions with such maturity and wisdom, much better than most top players. It's incredible.

Quote:
Yeah, the Poles aren't very good looking, that's what I thought.

Now one thing I don't understand, Raquel, is why you aren't showing more interest to this young man.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...erid=100151367

I think he will have a better career than Peliwo, as well.
The simple fact that he is portuguese is a turn off for me. What I like about tennis is how international it is.. so I am always going to have a tendency to like players that are from other countries.

Obviously, I wish all the portuguese players the best, and I root for them over 97% of the tour and over anyone in a slam final. But I doubt I will ever have one as a favorite.

You think this guy is promising? Why?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #2212
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Europeans are generally better looking than Northern Americans anyway.

But seriously, Filip is of Polish ancestry, so he has the european genes anyway!

HEY.

Most of us have these European genes that make Filip so good looking anyway (Says the the German/Lithuanian/Slovakian mixture)

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #2213
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hell no. Sorry to any polish man or women reading this, but in generally, neither sex is very good looking.
That's okay.

I spent the entire day stalking your posts from 4 years ago and discovered 86 potential posts that contain highly comical responses. I will post one each day until Christmas.

Kind Regards,

Andrey

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2214
country flag The Prince

Quote:
What do you mean?

Exactly. It's rather frightening. This thread he opened on the other forum, who does that?? Answering all the fans tweets, writing the blogs... And how does he even find time for all this? The fact that he does make the time is simply impressive. But for me, the biggest factor was how he handled and handles those question on that other forum. It's just incredible. He is funny but mature, he handles the polemic questions with such maturity and wisdom, much better than most top players. It's incredible.

The simple fact that he is portuguese is a turn off for me. What I like about tennis is how international it is.. so I am always going to have a tendency to like players that are from other countries.

Obviously, I wish all the portuguese players the best, and I root for them over 97% of the tour and over anyone in a slam final. But I doubt I will ever have one as a favorite.

You think this guy is promising? Why?
1) You know what I mean! When I say your thread would be left in peace, I mean it as in I wouldn't be here chatting rubbish, leaving you all to carry on from where you were!

2) Yeah. I agree. He's really great like this. Hopefully he won't become a forgotten man, though.

3) Oh really? Well, I like Frederico a lot. Mainly because he's Kyle Edmund's doubles partner, though. I understand that you would prefer other nationalities, however. The reason I think he is promising is, despite being at a height disadvantage like Peliwo, he hits a much heavier ball, and he has an automatic advantage already, he's left-handed. The slow surfaces of today are much more suited to his game than Peliwo's. Also factor into the equation that the competition on the main tour is much grittier and full-blooded. This suits Silva a lot more, I feel.

Only time will tell.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #2215
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

No reponse to the first quote after reading the second quote
I'm feeling better now, and I just read my original post again. Not much is wrong with it content-wise, however one could say that it possessed quite an aggressive and rude tone. I shouldn't take my anger out on poor Raquel, sorry.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #2216
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are lots of hot Poles
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #2217
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
HEY.

Most of us have these European genes that make Filip so good looking anyway (Says the the German/Lithuanian/Slovakian mixture)

I didn't mean it

Quote:
1) You know what I mean! When I say your thread would be left in peace, I mean it as in I wouldn't be here chatting rubbish, leaving you all to carry on from where you were!

2) Yeah. I agree. He's really great like this. Hopefully he won't become a forgotten man, though.

3) Oh really? Well, I like Frederico a lot. Mainly because he's Kyle Edmund's doubles partner, though. I understand that you would prefer other nationalities, however. The reason I think he is promising is, despite being at a height disadvantage like Peliwo, he hits a much heavier ball, and he has an automatic advantage already, he's left-handed. The slow surfaces of today are much more suited to his game than Peliwo's. Also factor into the equation that the competition on the main tour is much grittier and full-blooded. This suits Silva a lot more, I feel.

Only time will tell.
I won't forget him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
That's okay.

I spent the entire day stalking your posts from 4 years ago and discovered 86 potential posts that contain highly comical responses. I will post one each day until Christmas.

Kind Regards,

Andrey

DON'T YoU DARE! I would have to vbreak up with you, you know? Go back to the beach, while I go study.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #2218
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DON'T YoU DARE! I would have to vbreak up with you, you know? Go back to the beach, while I go study.
I didn't actually look, I don't stalk peoples posts

It is almost 2am so yeah, I might go for a little dip. Catch ya later Rags

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #2219
country flag arm

Yes, 86 posts didn't seem like an accurate number, it must be way bigger.

Enjoy your holidays. I envy you.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #2220
country flag The Prince

Quote:
I didn't mean it

I won't forget him.

Purely hypothetical, but if he becomes just another Jonathan Eysseric and does nothing on the senior tour, forever hanging around in futures and weak challengers. Are you sure you won't just slowly forget about him, like the rest will?
Closed Thread