Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 146 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #2176
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Didn't realize it was this serious. Jess
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2177
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

You expect a live stream and live scores for a $10k event?

These events can barely function as it is. There's absolutely no potential to expand.

Only a couple of years ago did challengers start to get live scores.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #2178
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect it. I just wish it had. It's far different.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #2179
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Well don't even hope for it.

Like many things at the moment, tennis is in recession. There are less and less futures events out there this year. Case in point, Spain went from having 40 events last year to just 29 this year. It's not financially sustainable anymore.

Instead of hoping for opportunities to follow the scores, hope for more events which will give more talented players the chance to break through.

It really disgusts me the bubble the top players live in.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #2180
country flag arm

Don't give me a speech. I am not being serious about it, you should know that. Sure I wish we could have access to the scores in any way, but I do understand that it is not a viable option.

And remember that it really is not the top player's fault. It's all about money. They generate more money, so they get more money. We, the crowds, have a great deal of responsibility here. I have visited 5 tournaments in my whole life: Madrid x3, Paris Masters and DC in Belgrade. I never even once visited a 500 or 250 tournament!

Although I have made up my mind to visit a Futures tournament next year, if they decided to hold one again in either Espinho or Porto.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #2181
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I will make a thread later

By some miracle I think I"m the only person in this state with electricity still

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #2182
country flag arm

lucky jess you deserve it!

And create the thread
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #2183
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

What title?

I like "We have decided to love Filip and Alex" but it is kind of awkward as a thread title to me. I feel like it needs to be adjusted slightly.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #2184
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Don't give me a speech. I am not being serious about it, you should know that. Sure I wish we could have access to the scores in any way, but I do understand that it is not a viable option.

And remember that it really is not the top player's fault. It's all about money. They generate more money, so they get more money. We, the crowds, have a great deal of responsibility here. I have visited 5 tournaments in my whole life: Madrid x3, Paris Masters and DC in Belgrade. I never even once visited a 500 or 250 tournament!

Although I have made up my mind to visit a Futures tournament next year, if they decided to hold one again in either Espinho or Porto.
Of course you are not serious. But when are you ever serious then?

They generate the most money, yes, so they deserve the most money. Only a fool would contest that. However the top players at the moment are trying to get first round losers in Grand Slams to earn more money. I think a better idea would be to give more money to people who win challengers and futures instead. The money would be better distributed there. Why should people who could quite feasibly turn up, not give a shit, lose 6-0 6-0 6-0 and earn €25k for that, when someone else is toiling away in a competitive challenger, for a whole week, potentially playing 15 tough sets, just to pick up a winner's cheque of about €5k?

Tennis is a joke nowadays and it's the fault of the top players. The ATP allows themselves to be bossed around by them too much.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #2185
#freeviktor

This is the view out my front door right now, two trees down in the front yard of the person across the street.

All our own trees are upright.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121030_074954.jpg (97.7 KB, 6 views)

Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #2186
country flag The Prince

If you haven't noticed already, I'm in a rotten mood, so don't bother responding to me if you know what's good for you.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #2187
#freeviktor

OMG sorry the pic is so large, let me try to resize that.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #2188
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
What title?

I like "We have decided to love Filip and Alex" but it is kind of awkward as a thread title to me. I feel like it needs to be adjusted slightly.
Lets decided to love Filip and Alex together!

We have decided to love Filip and Alex. Join the bangwagon with us!

I don't know. or something with "young blood" or "future GS winners"

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
This is the view out my front door right now, two trees down in the front yard of the person across the street.

All our own trees are upright.
Jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
If you haven't noticed already, I'm in a rotten mood, so don't bother responding to me if you know what's good for you.
Me too It's ok!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #2189
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Lets decided to love Filip and Alex together!

We have decided to love Filip and Alex. Join the bangwagon with us!

I don't know. or something with "young blood" or "future GS winners"

Jess

Me too It's ok!

I will do "We have decided to love Filip and Alex! Join the bandwagon with us!"

That will work

We can always change it

Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #2190
country flag arm

Exactly. We can change it anytime.

Tell me, what are they syaing in the news and radio? NYC is stopped, right? Nothing is really functioning, right? Transportation not working, people not going to work.

But I don't really understand whether the storm has passed or it's still there in NY and NJ.

We're here to distract you
Closed Thread