Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 134 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #1996
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I think we are all samba girls at some stages

I can't wait to go to Brazil and have to to prepare a Brazil playlist with all these songs. I can picture myself jogging in Calçadão and listening to BossaCucanova or some pagode

They have incredible artists, really. but the language also helps. And I don't mean portuguese, I mean their accent. When they speak, it already seems like they are singing... so when they are in fact singing...
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #1997
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Some people's signature. what is wrong with people
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #1998
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I think we are all samba girls at some stages

I can't wait to go to Brazil and have to to prepare a Brazil playlist with all these songs. I can picture myself jogging in Calçadão and listening to BossaCucanova or some pagode

They have incredible artists, really. but the language also helps. And I don't mean portuguese, I mean their accent. When they speak, it already seems like they are singing... so when they are in fact singing...
It's funny because you can hear that, but I can't. When I hear them singing I can't tell who is from Brazil or Portugal. But the language It is so great for music. The best by far. We can agree on that!
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #1999
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Is part of it the new world escaping Saudade?

Anyway, the sax player in BossaCucaNova is really cute.

One of the comments to this song was, "This makes me want to make breakfast for my gf. "

It's doing something right

Old 10-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #2000
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
It's funny because you can hear that, but I can't. When I hear them singing I can't tell who is from Brazil or Portugal. But the language It is so great for music. The best by far. We can agree on that!
You really can't? That is really funny! But you can tell it's Portuguese right?

Hav you also listened to Deolinda? Portuguese band, I think I have shared a couple of songs here, a long time ago.

Quote:
They so did. They are far happier than we are, in general. They don't worry half as much as we do, and dthey do enjoy those little joys that sometimes we can. But it's funny, because when you change your focus to Europe solely, we, Portugal (and also Spain), are the "brazilians" of Europe.

But the thing about my country, is that we live too much in the past. And we linger. Linger is one of my favorite english words. I haven't found a good portuguese translation for it, but I feel like this verb is directly related to my country and its people.

Quote:
I KNEW you would say that!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #2001
country flag arm

Quote:

One of the comments to this song was, "This makes me want to make breakfast for my gf. "

It's doing something right

It's perfect chill out music. I absolutely LOVE THEM. They always make me feel better and relaxed. Like it's saturday morning, I woke up, am preparing a nice, tasty, healthy breakfast and then I am going out for a run. Awesome.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #2002
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
You really can't? That is really funny! But you can tell it's Portuguese right?

Hav you also listened to Deolinda? Portuguese band, I think I have shared a couple of songs here, a long time ago.
Sure, I can tell it's portuguese.

I will look Deolinda up now.

Quote:
They so did. They are far happier than we are, in general. They don't worry half as much as we do, and dthey do enjoy those little joys that sometimes we can. But it's funny, because when you change your focus to Europe solely, we, Portugal (and also Spain), are the "brazilians" of Europe.
I think that we new worlders do have a bit different, not so serious, outlook. Europeans make fun of it as naive sometimes. But, it is an optimism fueled by all that land and new horizons. I expect that will change if global warming doesn't wipe us out first.

Quote:
But the thing about my country, is that we live too much in the past. And we linger. Linger is one of my favorite english words. I haven't found a good portuguese translation for it, but I feel like this verb is directly related to my country and its people.
Yes, linger is a good word. It sounds good too. Yearn is another good word -- but not so pretty as linger.

Quote:
I KNEW you would say that!!!!
Of course. Because he is cute.

Plus he plays the sax.

Voice isn't the greatest, but it's nice.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #2003
country flag arm

Listen to this. It's so perfect. I just love this style, Bossa Nova. And brazilians singing in english rock

Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #2004
country flag arm

Quote:

I think that we new worlders do have a bit different, not so serious, outlook. Europeans make fun of it as naive sometimes. But, it is an optimism fueled by all that land and new horizons. I expect that will change if global warming doesn't wipe us out first.
But it many ways it really is naive. I think it is. But I woudn't mind being naive like that, I really wouldn't. I wish I could live life and face it the way Brazilians do. i really, really do...
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #2005
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I spotted you!!

The orange and white pom pons, right???
My thought exactly

Quote:
awesome Micaela photo

Attachment 253918
She better stayed away from those windows with the on-coming storm
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #2006
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Listen to this. It's so perfect. I just love this style, Bossa Nova. And brazilians singing in english rock

Bebel! She toured with one of my other favorites (but little known) Peter Cincotti. Brazilians have a very cute accent in English.

Quote:
But it many ways it really is naive. I think it is. But I woudn't mind being naive like that, I really wouldn't. I wish I could live life and face it the way Brazilians do. i really, really do...
I don't think it is naive. I think it is more optimistic than naive. There is a difference, and I think it is that difference that we see, but you all don't. Optimists are bound to have disappointment and failure, but that isn't the important thing.

Ok. I am fixated on Pedro da Silva Martins. I know I have seen him elsewhere. Where????? Did he play for Mariza at one point?

Anyway, that girl, is incredibly spirited. She's very aggressive in her singing and what a voice!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #2007
country flag arm

I had to google Pedro da Silva Martins, I didn't even know who he was. so no, I don't know where you recognize him from.

Agressive singing, yes. But Lisbon fado is like that, don't you agree?

Lee lazy saturday?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #2008
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I baked an apple pie so can't really say a lazy Saturday It's still cooling so not sure if it's good but I have two burnt fingers to go with it
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #2009
country flag arm

Did you read about my cake? I planned to post a photo, when I took it out of the oven and on a plate, I gave up on that idea.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #2010
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Prevention of cake crumbling.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/47...rom-crumbling/

Also be careful to let the cake cool before taking it out of the pan.

http://baking104tw.blogspot.com/2011...-why-does.html
Closed Thread