Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow. - Page 180 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #2686
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Woman virginity is worth $780,000 USD.

I was expecting you to post that Paire is already hot.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #2687
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Woman virginity is worth $780,000 USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Thanks.

Gotta rush out now, but basically, I agree with your basic point, that capitalism won't last forever and that something else will come along to replace it. That's been the trajectory of human history since, well, the beginning of time. Capitalism/democracy appears to be the best way to live now because everything else that came before it has failed; is it really the best though? Probably not (in fact, democracy is overrated in my opinion but it's the least of all evils). Only time will tell.

I think I agree with the Hobbesian view on human nature though, so we'll probably self-destruct at some point.
We are not living in a democracy nowadays btw. It's a fake democracy governed by... yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
Yes, I do realize that. My post was teferring to conceivable future (whatever that is), I failed to mention that . I just can't imagine it going soon. By soon I mean like 200-300 years. Not that I'm a futurologist.
That might very well be true. Well, recent developments (oil crisis etc.) show that shit is gonna hit the fan soon. How long can the puppetmasters drag that shit out and exploit the submissive commonfolk? Sadly -- yes -- it might be for 300 more years...

Serbs needed 500 years to rise against the Ottoman Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I've been taught that after the rotten-to-the-core capitalism comes shinny happy people communism as the superior form of society. having lived that i hope the cycle doesnt include only these two forms, i'd rather start with the tribal matriarchate again, tyvm
You haven't lived through communism. Communism happens only on a global scale. So far all the instances of 'communism' were just cover stories for opportunists. Similar to current American fascism that promotes itself as democracy
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #2688
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

It's commonly said that change is the only constant, but I think it's more true that the only constant in the universe that's always reliable is the horniness of men.
Nature cannot be changed.

Quote:
Men are dominated by women? Are we living in the same world?
Child custody cases in favour of women, divorce cases in favour of women, alimony in favour of women, Law in Britain to favour women in employment.

Many more examples.

Perhaps 'dominating' wasn't the correct term to use, but it is clear to see that women are given a clear advantage in society nowadays all in the name of 'equality'.

I'm all for equal rights for women in society but it's clearly so lopsided nowadays it's shocking.
Quote:
Even if men were dominated by women, is that wrong in and of itself?
So I take it that you would also find nothing wrong if men were to dominate women?
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #2689
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was expecting you to post that Paire is already hot.
Why posting the obvious?

It's like saying that trips loves Fed.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #2690
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post

So I take it that you would also find nothing wrong if men were to dominate women?

IF????

Men have been dominating women for ages. What's happening now( and only for very low % percentage of the planet women, it must be said) is just retribution...
We all know, if we are sincere, ofc, that if it wasn't for the laws, men will still trying to keep women down where they think the women belong....
Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #2691
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IF????
Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #2692

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think she wanted to say "yes, please"

Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #2693
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

Quote:
IF????

Men have been dominating women for ages. What's happening now( and only for very low % percentage of the planet women, it must be said) is just retribution...
We all know, if we are sincere, ofc, that if it wasn't for the laws, men will still trying to keep women down where they think the women belong....
Old 10-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #2694
country flag acionescu

Old 10-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #2695
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good that MTF contest season is round the corner, you need entertainment during the third trimester.
My parents will be here next month. Dealing with my dad is more than enough entertainment. Until then, there's tennis anyway.

Quote:
I've been taught that after the rotten-to-the-core capitalism comes shinny happy people communism as the superior form of society. having lived that i hope the cycle doesnt include only these two forms, i'd rather start with the tribal matriarchate again, tyvm
You should always support capitalism- to make sure those 30 pairs of shoes are able to lead a healthy and fruitful life.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #2696
country flag acionescu

30?

Did it ever occur to you that my shoes need is due to my difficult youth in the communist( or whatever it was but surely felt like crap ) years?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #2697

hema only buys stuff she has no need for

what do u expect from middle class americans who have hindi white supremacist husbands...
Quote:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #2698
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hi trip
Quote:
bye trip
Hi gait.

Hi gait again.

Quote:
Human nature precludes us from finding a perfect system, or even just a really really really REALLY good one, so we're pretty much stuck with our lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
We are not living in a democracy nowadays btw. It's a fake democracy governed by... yes.

Quote:
Child custody cases in favour of women, divorce cases in favour of women, alimony in favour of women, Law in Britain to favour women in employment.

Many more examples.

Perhaps 'dominating' wasn't the correct term to use, but it is clear to see that women are given a clear advantage in society nowadays all in the name of 'equality'.

I'm all for equal rights for women in society but it's clearly so lopsided nowadays it's shocking.
The whole reason that such a law would ostensibly be needed is to address perceived problems of under-representation of certain groups of people in the workplace, which isn't limited to just women. According to the article, it targeted racial minorities and disabled people as well. This sort of affirmative action aims to promote equality by practising an indirect form of discrimination, which is counter-intuitive but sensible to some extent. Without getting into the merits of the practice, the very fact that this sort of law was seen to be necessary evidences, to some extent, that the law's targeted groups were disadvantaged for whatever reasons in some ways. The fact that women were included in the bill/law isn't surprising, given that it's often the case that there are more men than women in executive positions, especially high-ranking executive positions.

I won't comment on the women-bias in family law because I don't know anything about that. In any event, my boyfriend has said pretty much exactly what you said, and he's a bit of a male chauvinist, so... I mean, I don't agree that women should be given an advantage because we are women or whatever; we should be given exactly that for which we are qualified or skilled. But I don't think society has become as lopsided as you think, apart from family law issues (sometimes the bias in favour of the woman is actually pretty sexist; it probably spills over from prehistoric days when those laws were formed). If equality were a race, women are the ones trying to catch up with the men, who are miles and miles and kilometres and more miles ahead of us. Centuries of discrimination and inequality can't be corrected in a mere 50 or 60 years.

Having said that, I feel very privileged to live in a modern, developed society and it's for this reason that I don't have a particularly strong passion for feminism. I don't feel discriminated against because of my gender and knowing what other women have gone through in the past and what many, MANY women are going through right now in other parts of the world, I consider myself very fortunate.

Quote:
Well, that was the accepted social order for a really long time and it was pretty awful, so no. On the other hand, women have never been in a dominant position before, and since women's biological and emotional make-up are different from men's, maybe we would be a lot more fair than you were if we were to be the dominant gender.

Quote:
30?

Did it ever occur to you that my shoes need is due to my difficult youth in the communist( or whatever it was but surely felt like crap ) years?
How many pairs of shoes have you got? Honestly?

I just ordered 5 pairs of boots online a few days ago. I try to make myself feel better by telling myself that I will only keep 2 pairs and return the rest. (It's free shipping and free returns...)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #2699
country flag acionescu

Of course the family laws are in favor of women especially regarding children. Comparing men and women parenting skills is like saying that ATP=WTA in what's tennis is concerned: some WTA players are good but they are lost in a sea of incompetents
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #2700
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

The custody issue makes sense, but divorce laws are actually kinda sexist in an indirect sort of way.

I'm really sad that you didn't answer my question about your shoes.