Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 95 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #1411
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
On a tennis court, there are two archetypes of angry players.

The first category, the Ragers, tend to give credence to the maxim “actions speak louder than words.” In this case, their actions tend to revolve around racquet-smashing and other types of violent property destruction. Marat Safin is the prototypical Rager. The anger is always internally directed and hard to verbalize, so the Rager resorts to yelling in tongues and throwing things against hard surfaces. On a bad day, I’m a Rager. I’ve broken my share of racquets since I started playing.

The second category is Whiners. Instead of directing their anger inwards, Whiners direct their negative energy toward those around them – opponents, line judges, umpires; even fans. John McEnroe is probably the most famous Whiner who’s ever played the game. His trademark tirades are poetic even in the heat of the moment. While the Rager makes his point using brute force, the Whiner often operates with emotional sophistication and a dose of prickliness. At his worst, the Rager is liable to blast the ball ten feet out on purpose; Whiners will instead choose to hand the match over with a succession of ill-timed drop shots or simply by walking off the court and throwing his tennis bag into the crowd.
Snoo Foo told a story about two club players. She had stuck around to cheer on her friend who was an older guy and clearly outclassed by his young opponent. She and a couple of others wanted to support him knowing he would lose. But the old guy kept hanging in the points and kept bothering his young opponent with his steadiness and refusal to go away even when he was behind and losing. The young guys agitation kept growing and growing until finally he broke his racquet and sprayed e She aquipment around the court and grabbed his bag and left. LEFT THE COURT! Even though he was winning. He couldn't take it. She was flabbergasted.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #1412
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMarquess View Post
She's competition
Nina's fine. Sure she's aggressive in her defense of Nole, but I think the reason she gets grief is because she is a woman. Most of the men who post on GM are 10 times worse than she is. She rarely takes pot shots at other posters and doesn't engage in name calling of other players as to 8 out of 10 GM posters. If she were a man, she'd be considered an average poster who supports her favorite, but because she's a woman, people discount her knowledge and dismiss her as a "fangirl."

Sorry. I didn't mean to get into this, but I think Nina takes a lot of undeserved grief on this board. And I think the reason is that posters here think she doesn't "keep to her place" as befits a woman posting on MTF.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #1413
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Bed time for me. Night y'all. Have a nice evening.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #1414
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Bed time for me. Night y'all. Have a nice evening.
Good night, George.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #1415
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I will go back and catch up. But first... I noticed some flirting on the Twitter today between someone here and Canadian junior.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #1416
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Well, you found out that he doesn't have a girlfriend.

When did Novak and Jelena start dating? Quite early on, no?
Very early on... 2005 ish? 2006? I know around 2006 Jelena sent me a message online once Nole had a profile on an old social networking site... hi5 I think it was called. So I made a profile and friended him and he accepted it and then Jelena sent me a message and it was just like, "Oh you know Nole? Do you play tennis too?" and then I just responded like, "No, but I write for his website blah blah" since back then I did so yeah it must have been 2006 when I got that message from her so they were def together then

Quote:
My favourite player is Stebe, though, and he's won about three matches all year!
STEBE?! One of those 3 matches was against my VIKTOR. And I was there

Quote:

If I was on a train, with limited internet access, so I could only follow the scoreboard. The first players I would look for would be my favourites. So Goffin, Stebe, Bedene, Žemlja, Seppi, Fognini, Simon, Granollers, Berankis etc. The list could go on for quite a while. The likes of Federer and Nalbandian who I like to watch play, wouldn't be near the top.
Hmmm Simon and Berankis? You can stay

Quote:
I've been here only a week, but now I've posted in this thread as many times as Lee.

Totally addicted.
As you should be We've always known we're a pretty awesome forum

Okay, that's all

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 AM   #1417
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I will go back and catch up. But first... I noticed some flirting on the Twitter today between someone here and Canadian junior.
Her flirting is improving
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #1418
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Snoo Foo told a story about two club players. She had stuck around to cheer on her friend who was an older guy and clearly outclassed by his young opponent. She and a couple of others wanted to support him knowing he would lose. But the old guy kept hanging in the points and kept bothering his young opponent with his steadiness and refusal to go away even when he was behind and losing. The young guys agitation kept growing and growing until finally he broke his racquet and sprayed e She aquipment around the court and grabbed his bag and left. LEFT THE COURT! Even though he was winning. He couldn't take it. She was flabbergasted.

Quote:
Nina's fine. Sure she's aggressive in her defense of Nole, but I think the reason she gets grief is because she is a woman. Most of the men who post on GM are 10 times worse than she is. She rarely takes pot shots at other posters and doesn't engage in name calling of other players as to 8 out of 10 GM posters. If she were a man, she'd be considered an average poster who supports her favorite, but because she's a woman, people discount her knowledge and dismiss her as a "fangirl."

Sorry. I didn't mean to get into this, but I think Nina takes a lot of undeserved grief on this board. And I think the reason is that posters here think she doesn't "keep to her place" as befits a woman posting on MTF.

Exactly! Posters she takes pot shots at are the ones constantly harass her in the first place and I have never seen her bad mouthing other players.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #1419
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

It's obviously not Nina andy flirting is great.

Jess
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #1420
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Ragers vs Whiners Makes sense!

That club player, how old was he? The younger one? I am.guessing in.his twenties, no? Just too much testosterone
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #1421
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
It's obviously not Nina andy flirting is great.

Jess
All this discussion is academic as we all know who is going to be the winner of the ACC!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #1422
country flag arm

Well I don't! Who is?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #1423
country flag The Prince

Yours truly!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #1424
country flag arm

Hewitt =Legend?

don't be silly, I thought Ypu were serious. ACC is a stupid contest anyway. I only noticed its existence laranjinha year, after almost 4 years of membership.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #1425
country flag The Prince

Why would it be Hewitt =Legend, when I said 'yours truly'?!

No, I'm deadly serious. I'm aiming to go all the way in ACC. Just wait for my clowning spree which will commence shortly!
Closed Thread