LGBTQIAP MTF posters and straight allies unite! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #46
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stand up against bullying & for LGBT youth by going purple for Spirit Day on 10/1

About to come home from the thrift store, it's been pretty busy late today! Saw a lot of purple today
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #47
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stand up against bullying & for LGBT youth by going purple for Spirit Day on 10/1

This song symbolizes how I feel.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #48
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute

Hurray!

Here's to the battle towards ending mindless prejudice. We are all one.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #49
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
I won't be posting in the whole forum in purple, I like the forum as it is, but I'm 100% with this.

Still, I think Filo see homophobia where it isn't and he should relax a bit and doesn't be that paranoid. The world is evolving every day it pass. And people is people, no matter his skin, sexual orientation, job, genre or whatever.
Thank you for your support and kind words, but on this forum, homophobia is very, very real. There are many anti-gay posters, specifically many Eastern European straight guys, and some Latin American guys. I see posters here slinging faggot all the time, gay jokes, and of course, insults directed at me. But I don't let it bother me. I just call it out as that sort of hate should not go unchecked.

Like you put perfectly, society is evolving, the bigots among us better get it together or get left behind!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #50
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
But the name is not a good idea. I may have passed over it before, assuming it was some Hallowe'en type thing about ghosts.
I somewhat agree but I think the entire premise behind the name is having a strong spirit and loving one's self so I think the term spirit day accurately reflects this entire initiative.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #51
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Thanks for the support for all who has participated! Remember, acceptance and love for others are things we need to act out 24/7, not just one day! 10/19 has been meant to show bullied teens that we love them and we care but to make a change, we all have to be the change. No time for apathy. Support human rights and do your part to ensure human beings from all walks of life are treated equally
Old 10-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #52
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Yesterday gave me an insight on who the good people are on this forum and who I will never associate with. Thanks to everyone who supported and fuck everyone who didn't.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #53
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

http://www.thetrevorproject.org/
The Trevor Project is the leading national
organization providing crisis intervention and
suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.

History of The Trevor Project

The Trevor Project was founded in 1998 by James Lecesne, Peggy Rajski and Randy Stone, the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR. Set in 1981, TREVOR is a timeless coming-of-age story about love, loss, and learning to be yourself.

Trevor is an exuberant, happy 13-year old who has a crush on the most popular boy in school, Pinky Faraday. When Trevor's classmates discover his true feelings for Pinky, they tease and mock him. Sad and friendless, Trevor decides the world would be better off without him and tries to take his own life. But Trevor is no victim. By the end, it's clear his developing sense of self and undeniable enthusiasm for life will always see him through.

When TREVOR was scheduled to air on HBO®, the filmmakers realized that some young viewers might face the same kind of crisis as Trevor and could use support. They searched for an appropriate lifeline number to broadcast with the film but no such number existed. On August 8, 1998, James Lecesne, Peggy Rajski and Randy Stone opened the Trevor Lifeline. Since that time, The Trevor Project has become a national leader providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth.

In addition to operating the only national crisis lifeline for LGBTQ teens and young adults, Trevor offers unique suicide prevention services to youth in digital spaces, including counseling via instant message through TrevorChat and the largest online social network specifically for young LGBTQ people, TrevorSpace.

Recognized as a national leader, Trevor has played a key role as an appointee of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention, and has been a leading crisis resource for anti-bullying initiatives, including StopBullying.gov. The Trevor Project is also a Champion of Change, an honor presented by the White House for our innovative work to save the lives of LGBTQ young people.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #54
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

If you know any non-heterosexual or questioning/confused teen out there struggling with their sexuality, please direct them to this organization. It is truly a life saver.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #55
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LGBTQAP MTF posters and straight allies unite!

Filo!

I hope yesterday was a triumph for you and everyone else associated!

Let's go PURPLE again next year.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #56
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice thread. My wife is bisexual, and I have several bi and gay friends, so good shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post

This song symbolizes how I feel.
I thought Katy Pretty was generally disliked by the LGBT community? As far as I know, all the bi and gay people I know love Lady Gaga (who I despise either way) but absolutely loathe Katy Pretty

Last edited by HKz : 10-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #57
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Filo!

I hope yesterday was a triumph for you and everyone else associated!

Let's go PURPLE again next year.
Yesterday was an amazing day and I think an amazing reflection of how much we've progressed socially in regards to acceptance for all people. Things are getting better and we're gaining more true allies every day. It's truly exciting times! Of course we have a long way to go but I feel that for the first time, there is light at the end of the tunnel

We're going purple next year without doubt! Hopefully next year is even better than this year
Old 10-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #58
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Nice thread. My wife is bisexual, and I have several bi and gay friends, so good shit
Awesome!

Quote:
I thought Katy Pretty was generally disliked by the LGBT community? As far as I know, all the bi and gay people I know love Lady Gaga (who I despise either way) but absolutely loathe Katy Pretty
I don't love her at all but I didn't know Katy Perry was completely hated in the community. She's not liked overall for some reasons but she's not an enemy.

I just used that song because it was easy to think of and it reflected how I felt. It wasn't an endorsement of Katy's music
Old 10-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #59
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #60
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Yesterday gave me an insight on who the good people are on this forum and who I will never associate with. Thanks to everyone who supported and fuck everyone who didn't.
So anyone who didn't write in purple is a bad/evil human being? What a great logic.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote