Saturday OOP and Scores - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2005, 07:55 PM   #676
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saturday OOP and Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio
if we watch well, we will see that roger was content with studying the adversary's serve. It allowed him to return better. The score doesn't illustrate an easy victory, but it is rather Roger's intelligence wich makes the difference: it is in this sense that I qualify the victory of easy! Because the score doesn't sometimes mean big things.
I absolutely agree specially that they met only once. All I am saying, he did well to win this match whether using his intelligence or his great play. It was not given to him.
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #677
country flag Cervantes

Cervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond repute

Erlich/Ram - Black/Ullyet 6-3 5-6 *30-15

Berdych, Blake, J. Johansson, Ljubicic, Nalbandian and Tursunov

2005 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2006 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2007 PAW Year-end ranking: 6

Career titles (7): 2004 – Toronto AMS; 2005 – Monte Carlo AMS, Roland Garros, Kitzbühel; 2006 – Doha, Beijing; 2007 - Kitzbühel.
Finalist (3): 2005 – Miami AMS, Barcelona; 2006 – Bastad.
Cervantes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #678
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Roger

Mandoura- not all his matches were cakewalks last year either. In many of them he did just enough to win and at times came very close to losing:

AO: Hewitt, Nalbandian were tight. Against Safin in the final he started horribly.
Rotterdam: Loss to Henman so frustrated.
Dubai: Lost first set in final against Feli.
Indian Wells: Really tight match against Agassi squeezed through was hardly playing his best.
Miami: Very tough 1st match against Davydenko then bad loss to Nadal.
Rome: Bad loss to Costa after winning 1st set.
Hamburg: Squeaked past Gaudio in 3 tight sets in first round. In the final played badly in first set against Coria, did just enough to win 2nd set before getting control of the match.
FO: Sloppy match against Kiefer and then demolished by Guga.
Wimbledon: Sloppy 3rd set against Grosjean winning it on a TB. VS Roddick in the final played horribly for first two and a half sets (somehow won the second after twice being a double break up!) then did just enough to edge past him in sets 3 and 4 having to save many BPs.
Gstaad: Except for his first match lost a set in each match but somehow came through.
Toronto: Played mediocre tennis until the final including a real ugly first set loss to T. Johansson before picking it up.
Cincinnati: Loss to Hrbaty.
U.S. Open: Sloppy first two matches against Costa and Baghdatis. Tight bruising QF against Agassi which he barely won.
Bangkok: Taken to 3 sets by PDorn losing 2nd set 6-2!
TMC: Played sloppy 2nd set against Gaudio, had ample BP's didn't take them in that set. Tight 3 setter vs Moya.

I think those are enough examples.

Now if only Ram and Erlich can win their match that would make my day complete
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 05:25 AM   #679
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely agree RonE.

It is just I am so fond of this guy and in such awe of his play ( I can watch him play all day long) I try to tame my expectations of him. I try to convince myself that not all matches will be easy. To tell you the truth, before Safin's match, I had the terrible feeling Rogi will lose, not for bad play, but rather for the build-up pressure surrounding the match with all the records stuff and how everyone expected should Rogi be defeated it would be Safin (whom I am very fond of too but not as much as Rogi) who will do it.

Anyway, I am glad he won and hope he will win the tournament.
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:21 AM   #680
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Jonathan Erlich & Andy Ram beat Kevin Ullyett & Wayne Black [2] 6-3 7-6

Way to go guys! You made my day.. Now I'll see you in the final today

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote