Political Discussion Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #46
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
...yeah...just wondering if Putin bit off more than even HE can chew in the long-run with this one....guess time will tell - but at least they have galvanized the debate - up to a point
Don't know about Putin but the trial itself has already become a classic.
Some of the great quotes apart from the feminism is a mortal sin are "the hell is as real as Moscow metro" "the witness identified the defandant by her calves", "I watched the video and felt the terrible moral suffering, but I watced it again and again", "Good doggie" - the judge encouraging the god in the courtroom when she barked at the defence lawers. And this is only small part of this circus of the trial.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #47
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

...holy mother of god - if it wasn't so serious, the hilarious absurdity of these proceedings would be comedy GOLD...and some people might argue that the Moscow Metro IS "hell"......meaning I am more than likely to be spending eternity hovering around Mayakovskaya for my "sins"...
Old 08-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #48
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Was reading through the latest issue of Private Eye, and this just made me LMAO.

Quote:

ASSANGE FEARS BEING HELD IN SWEDISH DETENTION CENTRE

by Our Swedish Correspondent Not Bjorn Yesterday

Friends of Julian Assange say the WikiLeaks founder fears being detained in one of Sweden's notorious IKEA detention centres.

"These brutal and desensitising IKEA facilities make Guantanamo Bay look like the Ritz", said one WikiLeaks supporter. "Once inside the labyrinth-like building you are deprived of natural light and forced to drudge round seemingly in circles for up to eighteen hours a day, looking for a set of drawers, a kitchen unit and a side table, while having an argument with your partner".

Swedish authorities insisted that, by handing himself over to a self-assembly tribunal within an IKEA facility, Julian Assange could be freed more quickly, as the cases they build are extremely flimsy and fall apart within minutes.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #49
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Lol!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #50
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Transcription of Marat's interview for the TV programme "Bez Galstuka" ("Without a Tie") during his visit to Nizhny Novgorod a fortnight ago. Via NTA Nizhny Novgorod.

Finally we hear his views about Pussy Riot: "They are worthless, stupid girls who want attention, and who got it, and more than they expected".

Which is pretty hypocritical ironic, considering the heading of the article.

Quote:
Duma deputy Marat Safin: "You can't think that there is only black and white, and the deputies are idiots".

Last edited by monkey247 : 10-24-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #51
country flag inez

how incredibly, incredibly depressing....even though the translation turns some of his responses into impossible gobbledegook....I can no longer deny the reality...he really is an unreconstructed neanderthal and sadly - a 'real' politician' after all = talking talking and saying nothing - and reactionary to boot......R.I.P whatever respect I had left for him :-(
Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #52
country flag monkey247

inez, it's a shocker ...
Old 10-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #53
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey247 View Post
inez, it's a shocker ...
no shocker really. You can't be both ER MP and a decent man, so this transformation was expected.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #54
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post

no shocker really. You can't be both ER MP and a decent man, so this transformation was expected.
To you, maybe not.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #55
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey247 View Post
To you, maybe not.
well, of course I hoped I was wrong but unfortunately Marat proved that this system can turn anyone into a scum.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #56
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well, of course I hoped I was wrong but unfortunately Marat proved that this system can turn anyone into a scum.
You calling Marat a scum now Irochka? Just kidding and seriously, I agree with you.
I haven't read the whole interview yet but the whole Pussy Riot issue is very controversial IMO.
I sure am naive and stupid but I still hope Marat manages to do something good in the Duma.
Nice to see you around girls!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #57
country flag monkey247

Quote:
I hoped I was wrong too, at least with regard to the power of politics to corrupt the morally weak, but I never thought he'd dismiss Pussy Riot in such an arrogant, shallow, facile manner. A man of his age, information, experience and responsibilities ought to respond with more maturity, integrity and dignity, and set the example of understanding and open communication.

And he preaches "educating" children to be more responsible! What an ironic fate it will be, then, when his future five children (daughters, one hopes ) all turn out to be feminists and political dissidents.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #58
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
You calling Marat a scum now Irochka?
I'll refrain from calling him anything out of respect to this place only

Quote:
I haven't read the whole interview yet but the whole Pussy Riot issue is very controversial IMO.
Their act was controversial indeed. But there is nothing controversial about their arrest, trial and sentence IMO.

Quote:
I sure am naive and stupid but I still hope Marat manages to do something good in the Duma.
I thougt this too last year when he decided to go for it. Now, however, i have no illusions. *sigh*
Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #59
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Marat with 5 children, I need to see that!

Awww Irochka, your illusions crushed already! Yeah well probably, you cannot beat 'the system', 'the system' devours you.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #60
country flag mer

Quote:
but I never thought he'd dismiss Pussy Riot in such an arrogant, shallow, facile manner. A man of his age, information, experience and responsibilities ought to respond with more maturity, integrity and dignity, and set the example of understanding and open communication.
This is a very sensitive issue I guess for all Putin/ER supporters. If you consider yourself a decent person you can't condone injustice and cruelty, so in order to keep clear concience you rather create your own reality where criminals become victims and vice versa.