Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow. - Page 166 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #2476
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Nathaliia doesn't live here anymore.

I was watching Vienna before it's always an issue early in the week for these events especially in this season.

Acapulco and Buenos Aires have great crowds even for the early rounds. Even then there are still more people there than in Shanghai for the early matches.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #2477
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

i dont live here anymore?

hi bumchum scarecrows

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #2478
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
you previously stated that it's rare visit in your own thread hence the title.

i see filov finally posted his pictures as kowchi.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #2479
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

saulo, i recently watched the documentary bus 174 was wondering has there been another incident that happened in this magnitude the last twelve years?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #2480
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Default Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - His name is Gago, JolanGago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Shut up troll, crawl back to your filthy hole.
with posts like these, a small part of me wants nadal to win another slam.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #2481
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
saulo, i recently watched the documentary bus 174 was wondering has there been another incident that happened in this magnitude the last twelve years?
Hey mate, I wonder what you mean with this question.

Because if I recall well the Bus 174 was a case of a hijacked bus in which the kidnapper (the bandit) took a woman as a hostage and she ended up being killed by the policeman that tried to kill the bandit.

I wonder what " magnitude" means to you or at least what kind of magnitude you imput to this case. Because violence is widespread in Brazil, in the sense that in the big cities like Rio or Sao Paulo you can always get killed from out of nowhere. Of course the violence isnt as big as it was in the eighties or in the begining of the nineties, but cases like the Bus 174 are common . I would say we have one big case of violence like this each couple of years.So if Bus 174 was in 2002, we could name at least more 5 cases of the same magnitude.

For example, a) On April 7, 2011, 23-year-old gunman Wellington Menezes Oliveira killed at least 12 students in his former school. The crime occurred in the Tasso da Silveira elementary public school, located in Realengo neighbourhood.

What this means? It means last year we had a shooting in a school in Rio de Janeiro, the same way this happens at least 3-5 times per decade (is it right?) in the United States. I would say this had at least the same magnitude of the Bus 174 case- children died because of a psycopath.

b) We can go back to 1993- Murder of Candelaria, in Rio also, when eight kids were murdered by policemen that had a lot of repercusion.

The police in Brazil faces a big war against drug dealers, and criminals, but it is relatively safe to live in Rio and Sao Paulo. Dont use jewelry, hide your phone, dont open your notebook in a cab or in a car and you get the same luck of me - I was robbed only once while walking through the streets of the center of Sao Paulo in 5 years. The biggest problems are in the slums, but sometimes violence reaches the common people- high and middle class, and its reasonably common.

I am trying to remember similar cases of violence....I remmber this year a policeman killed a middle-class advertising agent in a pursuit in a noble neighbourhood in Sao Paulo... it didnt reach the same magnitude but I think its a pretty serious case ....also I can remember of many cases in which the police kills people alleging "self defense". The police in Brazil is badly trained. It kills a lot more that the police of other countries.

I heard an amount of 3500 are murdered in the city of Sao Paulo every year. And one must guees how many are not hidden by the police statistics, that try to sell the idea that the homicides are diminishing.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 10-16-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #2482

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Having said that, I should watch the documentary to try to understand a bit more the subject.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #2483
country flag Thanos
Banned!

yeah i saw that my question was unclear. i meant by media coverage because once the hostage situation ends. it's seem that half the population of rio were outside of the bus waiting to get piece of him. the conclusion of the situation, the documentary shows the final moments from different angles, so obvious their was heaps of media and broadcast live to people at home. so they were seeing everything unfolding live as it was happening.

anyways thanks for the information about other accounts, as for the documentary i thought it was brilliant. it cover all aspects of the situation with interviews police officers, hostages etc. plus it give a great background on the guy (sandro) that took the people hostage and police corruption in brazil. it's shows how much socioeconomic status effect one's behaviour and personality growing up. halfway through the documentary, they're talking about a survey that was taken in brazil about what people should do in situation in favelas. the outcome that most of majority agreed that should clean the streets by killing everyone living there.

so the ending with hordes of people looking for blood of sandro was expected, just very disappointing that it's 2012 and people still think like this.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #2484
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

They had Brazil in the news the other day showing police clearing some favelas in Rio. Well got to get the World Cup clean up happening.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #2485
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

MTF definitely needs more Gago.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #2486
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Hema!

Gagó was around! Wonder how his relationship with Nina is going.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #2487
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post

hi bumchum scarecrows
hi exile nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #2488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
yeah i saw that my question was unclear. i meant by media coverage because once the hostage situation ends. it's seem that half the population of rio were outside of the bus waiting to get piece of him. the conclusion of the situation, the documentary shows the final moments from different angles, so obvious their was heaps of media and broadcast live to people at home. so they were seeing everything unfolding live as it was happening.

anyways thanks for the information about other accounts, as for the documentary i thought it was brilliant. it cover all aspects of the situation with interviews police officers, hostages etc. plus it give a great background on the guy (sandro) that took the people hostage and police corruption in brazil. it's shows how much socioeconomic status effect one's behaviour and personality growing up. halfway through the documentary, they're talking about a survey that was taken in brazil about what people should do in situation in favelas. the outcome that most of majority agreed that should clean the streets by killing everyone living there.

so the ending with hordes of people looking for blood of sandro was expected, just very disappointing that it's 2012 and people still think like this.

Yeah. it happens that the people on Rio can get very emotional and sentimental, perhaps more than the people in Sao Paulo because you know, Rio has more of a popular feeling, even if you have the slums and all the stuff you always can feel a little bit more of humanity because people are more closed interacted. Is not like Sao Paulo where you have the noble neighbourhood and then the poor ones, the slums in Rio are closer to the rich people so the poor, the nature, the rich get mixed up in a more " solidarity" feeling for example in such a tropical paradise world.

I remember a kidnapping that happened some years ago of a girl called Eloa by his ex- boyfriend and the guy in the end killed her. You could see there were lots of people around the building besides the police. I think the people always get curious on those cases that are broadcasted via media, because in Brazil is common to have some policial shows showing crimes, murderes and the police around 6- 7 p.m.

The thing is that even with all the violence the brazilian is an emotiona person that believes he knows whats best for the country or the society. Also remember that people that studies movies in Brazil are all left-wing people that try always to highlight the social problems.

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 10-16-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #2489
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Hema!

Gagó was around! Wonder how his relationship with Nina is going.
That's not a recent post, Maria. Gago made a brief appearance during Nadal's clay season domination.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #2490
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

one for all the wonderful single ladies out there

fast_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread