I'm not greatest player - Roger Federer - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm not greatest player - Roger Federer

I'm not greatest player - Roger Federer

"I don't feel better than anyone, because we need past champions to pave the way for our generation and we have become very professional," he said.

"They have led the way and inspired myself and other players to chase the big records out there.

"Back in the day they weren't doing that, they were just playing to play tennis. Things have changed dramatically with the press reminding us 'you should do this and win that and you'll be considered the greatest of all time'.

"And anyway I don't think you can compare different eras in tennis."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18764325

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm not greatest player - Roger Federer

He's not even the greatest of his own era, so you're completely right Wodgie

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #3

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

humble and class.

Roger fanatic fan and Fed's arrogant fanatic anti can be learned from Roger.

ridiculous guys.

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post

Oh, Really? And Nadal says that this time is the maximum most? The time when this grass and a hard court are slow.

Even the time when all these surface is slow, Who is the player who can win only clay successively?

And Nadal insults the Sampras era when grass and a hard court were fast?

tell me, Nadal's fanatic arrogant fan.

================================================

Nadal believes previous tennis eras cannot match the excitement generated by the current stars of the sport.

"Sampras versus Ivanisevic match, or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable, It's not really tennis, it is a few swings of the racquet.

It was less eye-catching than what we do now. Everyone enjoys the tennis we play much more. I am not saying we are playing better tennis, just more enjoyable tennis. For me, in the past it was just serve, serve, serve."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Day-Five.aspx

Last edited by sportstennis : 10-06-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you cannot be serious?! :P

if he isn't then who is? He's being too modest here.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
country flag tennisnba
Banned!

tennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
Oh, Really? And Nadal says that this time is the maximum most? The time when this grass and a hard court are slow.

Even the time when all these surface is slow, Who is the player who can win only clay successively?

And Nadal insults the Sampras era when grass and a hard court were fast?

tell me, Nadal's fanatic arrogant fan.

================================================

Nadal believes previous tennis eras cannot match the excitement generated by the current stars of the sport.

"Sampras versus Ivanisevic match, or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable, It's not really tennis, it is a few swings of the racquet.

It was less eye-catching than what we do now. Everyone enjoys the tennis we play much more. I am not saying we are playing better tennis, just more enjoyable tennis. For me, in the past it was just serve, serve, serve."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Day-Five.aspx

tennisnba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
country flag tennisnba
Banned!

tennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond repute

Q. Both McEnroe and Agassi said in the World Team Tennis match this July that tennis right now at the top, men’s tennis is the toughest ever. Do you think you four guys are the toughest maybe in history in terms of competing against each other and winning events?

ROGER FEDERER: I’d say no, but I don’t know. Just because you look back maybe 15 years, then you have Sampras, Edberg, Becker, and Agassi, I don’t know who else. Those guys weren’t good or what? Do you know what I mean?

You look back, further back, 20 years, and you have the Connors and the Lendls. Those weren’t good either? I mean, I don’t know. So for me I think that’s respectful.

It’s just different times and definitely more athletic, there’s no doubt about that. But then again we don’t play doubles. We don’t play mixed. Maybe we play less matches today because it’s more taxing, but we do play less best‑of‑five set tennis than they used to play. You can’t compare really.

but we have somewhat of a golden era right now. I feel that truly. It’s nice to see Andy making his move at the Olympics, nice to see Novak having an absolutely ridiculous year last year, and then Rafa and myself still being around. It’s definitely good times. Past that you still have great champions as well. It’s very interesting at the top right now, and the depth I think has never been greater than right now. There’s no doubt about that.

But then best ever? The four of us? That’s a really difficult call.

http://richtweets.com/2sloc

He has respect too much.
tennisnba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Claims ''not even greatest of his own era''
17 GS, more than anyone else in the history of the game.
Seems legit.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote