Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June... - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #106
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

If you ever need a "big" win after a long success drought, please call Murray. He is ready to help in GS finals as well as Masters. Well done, Nole on your first win over a fellow top 4 in 4 months .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #107
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
If you ever need a "big" win after a long success drought, please call Murray. He is ready to help in GS finals as well as Masters. Well done, Nole on your first win over a fellow top 4 in 4 months .
Also if you need ( * ) Slams.

If he's not available, you can always call Soderling, Gonzalez, Baghdatis or Philippoussis.

Or you could try beating your rivals instead of vulturing.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #108
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Also if you need ( * ) Slams.

If he's not available, you can always call Soderling, Gonzalez, Baghdatis or Philippoussis.

Or you could try beating your rivals instead of vulturing.
Lol, so pressed. I am seriously not upset or trying to diminish Novak's win . I had him as the winner of my bracket after all .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #109
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Finally he didWow 4 months in tennis feels like 4yrs
Old 10-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #110
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Losing to Nadal on clay is not a big deal, everyone loses to him. He lost to Noserer @ wimby because he was sick, no big deal as well. However, being beat by Mandy in a fucking slam final on hard court is a huge fiasco. Nole must still be mad over that one. Should have really won that match.
he lost again federer with back problems and with 31 years old........

and nadal had the lucky that just in the beginning of the clay season and in montecarlo in where a victory of nole would be destroyed nadal confidence ( even worst than his lost against the star of tennis lukas rosol) that nole`s grandpa death and thats affects very much nole in montecarlo and all the clay season , by the way his lucky in roland garros with the rain when nole had all the momentum and nadal was on the ropes.

very lucky this nadal

if we talking of sick , nadal in 2008 had the lucky that federer had the mono in the beginning of the year and that affects all his 2008 with horribles perfomances all the year.
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #111
country flag Winner Seaker
Banned!

Winner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Nole. Very hard and unexpected for me , who watched the whole match - but win is win.
Winner Seaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #112
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Now change the title to "Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 3 since late May..."

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #113
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Djoker beat Federer at RG and Fed is certainly still a member of the Top 4.
And about those 4/5 biggest events...the WTF is not necessarily worth less than the Olympics so what your saiyng is pretty arbitrary.
1) Did you read my first post of the thread? Apparently not. I said the streak of five losses began after Fed at RG. Since, other posters brought up his individual losing streaks to the top players.

2) I said 5 biggest events. WTF is the 6th biggest event this year. Ask any player - I don't think you'll find more than 2% who value WTF over Olympics.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #114
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Now change the title to "Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 3 since late May..."
No. Murray has been the best player in the world since Wimbledon undoubtedly, and demolished Federer this week.

Federer has been losing to other guys much more so than Djokovic.

Nadal has been off the tour.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #115
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
No. Murray has been the best player in the world since Wimbledon undoubtedly, and demolished Federer this week.

Federer has been losing to other guys much more so than Djokovic.

Nadal has been off the tour.
I was going by ranking

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #116
country flag Winner Seaker
Banned!

Winner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond repute

This topic can be closed because Djokovic achieved that.
Winner Seaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #117
country flag out_grinder
Banned!

out_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond reputeout_grinder has a reputation beyond repute

It's Big Three, not Big Four - I'd like to know how anyone can lump Murray into the same category as Djokovic, Federer and Nadal?
out_grinder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #118
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
he lost again federer with back problems and with 31 years old........

and nadal had the lucky that just in the beginning of the clay season and in montecarlo in where a victory of nole would be destroyed nadal confidence ( even worst than his lost against the star of tennis lukas rosol) that nole`s grandpa death and thats affects very much nole in montecarlo and all the clay season , by the way his lucky in roland garros with the rain when nole had all the momentum and nadal was on the ropes.

very lucky this nadal

if we talking of sick , nadal in 2008 had the lucky that federer had the mono in the beginning of the year and that affects all his 2008 with horribles perfomances all the year.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #119
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_grinder View Post
It's Big Three, not Big Four - I'd like to know how anyone can lump Murray into the same category as Djokovic, Federer and Nadal?
He finally has a slam so you can't say he isn't there when he was there even without one. As for currently, it's the Big 3. Nadal is far below them.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote