Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #631
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Has got to be the cutest kid in the world.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...08&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpeliwo
Quote:
Who is your favorite player?
Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi, (present time Novak Djokovic)

Smart!

Quote:
Quote:
How much travelling do you do? Are you away every week or do you still manage to spend say 50% of the time still at home? Do your parents accompany you along with a coach? Would be interested in hearing about the logistical, itinerary, travelling, time side of things.

Slightly awkward question but how much does all that global travelling cost? Presumably your family is quite wealthy?
I would say I'm away about 60% of the year. My parents never really accompany me on the trips, as its quite expensive.

I actually don't take care of the travel arrangements, as Tennis Canada does that for me. They pay for pretty much everything, including flights, hotels, training. Without them I would not be able to travel like I have been for the past few years.

My parents are far from wealthy, in fact they went into debt trying to support my tennis before Tennis Canada provided me with funding. All in all I am extremely fortunate to be able to play on the tour, and would not be able to if not for Tennis Canada's support, so I'd like to thank them.
And humble.

Quote:
Quote:
my question is:
Do YOU get all the girls?

(what guys, it had to be asked... it is important!!!)
Been getting more attention since Wimbledon, but tennis always comes first. :P
Fun, flirtatious but still focused!

Quote:
Quote:
Here's a funny question. Do you regret dancing to Gangnam Style in Montreal? Do you find that harder to do than playing tennis in front of thousands of people?
I definitely don't regret doing it, I just wish I had some time to practice it before having to go on court, haha.
And this settles it... he has got to be the next Nole!

Quote:
Quote:
Who do you think is better at Gangnam dancing--you or Novak Djokovic?
I think that Novak does it better :P
Quote:
Quote:
Well done for all your success in the Junior Grand Slams and ending the year as no.1. What's your favourite surface to play on?
I would say hardcourts, but I did enjoy the Wimbledon grass quite a bit.
Good taste.

Quote:
Quote:
How did you deal with cheating in the juniors and gamesmanship? How prevalent is it today in the juniors? Can you describe some instances? What did you make of Nadal's bizarre behaviour (bumping into Rosol) at Wimbledon? I'm amazed and disappointed that such childish little psychological games (Djokovic bouncing a ball 80 times, etc.) happen at the highest levels.
It was always tough to deal with that stuff, but you learn to manage it. You just have to focus on yourself and try not to take it personally, although it's not always easy to do that.

Once you get to the highest level of juniors, it isn't very common, especially since we generally have chair umpires. It does happen quite a bit in lower level tournaments though.

As far as Nadal bumping Rosol, I think it was well deserved, as Rosol was being very cocky and in Nadal's face. I don't think Rafa handled it well, and took it too personally, but I don't think any worse of him for it.

Djokovic bouncing the ball 15/20/25 times, is annoying to the other players, but I think he was doing it more just to focus. It was his routine, and that's how he made sure he was ready for the point. I don't believe he was doing it to distract his opponents, but as with everything, I may be mistaken.
Honest and blunt.

I found my new Nole!

Last edited by arm : 10-14-2012 at 03:08 PM.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #632
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Has got to be the cutest kid in the world.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...08&postcount=1

Smart!

And humble.

Fun, flirtatious but still focused!

And this settles it... he has got to be the next Nole!

Good taste.

Honest and blunt.

I found my new Nole!

You will be his "older" woman.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #633
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I have more.

Quote:
Quote:
2- I think Euginie Bouchard is the hottest WTA player, how have you not hit on her? Does she have a boyfriend?
I don't think it's my business or my place to be answering that about her, haha.
Respectful.

Quote:
Quote:
^ Soccer, nice. Footwork and endurance sure do crossover into tennis. My Greek national team did alright in Poland this past summer.

Just don't tell me you're a Real Madrid fan!
Haha I used to be when the Brazilian Ronaldo and Figo played. Now I don't like them as much.
And one of his fave football players is portuguese!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

You will be his "older" woman.
I am only 4 years older.

One thing though, I need to learn how to spell his name. Lee, help me?
Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #634
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought Nole's ball bouncing was to annoy his opponents, and if it did, they have pretty thin skins. Anyway, he really rarely ever bounces it even 15 times now and only when he is really nervous. That gives a hint to his opponents, so they should appreciate it.

I read a lot of the match thread and there were some reasonable posts there (more than usual!) I didn't think it was too bad, but I have a lot of the fedtards on ignore.

It was a tough loss for Murray fans, and I feel for them. I'm just so relieved that Djokoboy won. I'm going to watch the match today. I'm sure my dvd wasn't programed long enough to catch all of it, but maybe I can see the end when they replay it later today.

Now, I see my kitty at the door wanting to be let in.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #635
country flag arm

Andy will be fine, I am sure I don't worry.

I want to watch this kid play now. Where do I find his schedule? Does he have such a thing? I know absolutely nothing about lower ranked players
Old 10-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #636
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Here's what I worry about with Filip: He's only 5'11" That's on the short side in today's tennis. It doesn't mean he can't be successful, but height seems to be the wave of the future.

I tweeted him to ask about his schedule.

Saw this on his twitter: If you knew what's best for you, you'd follow me.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #637
country flag arm

Quote:
Here's what I worry about with Filip: He's only 5'11" That's on the short side in today's tennis. It doesn't mean he can't be successful, but height seems to be the wave of the future.

I tweeted him to ask about his schedule.

Saw this on his twitter: If you knew what's best for you, you'd follow me.
I just tweeted him too 5 mins ago. Great minds think alike and I also read that ting on his twitter.

He is promising. I am not talking tennis wise, but the way he writes and what he says... the kid is smart and interesting.

I really ant to watch him play, LIVE. But I don't know how this works. It's a whole different tennis world. He needs to come play in Portugal.

As for the height, someone asked him about that here (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...08#post6945808), I ddidn't read the answer though, but you should look for it.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #638
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Novak Djokovic ‏@DjokerNole
Hope u'll accept my apology (once again) 4 giving u couple of heart attacks today. Seriously, I'm not doing it on purpose
Love him so. What a guy.

Anyway, about Filip -- He shouldn't dwell on his height because there's nothing he can do about it. He just has to concentrate on his game and work hard.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #639
country flag arm

Nole How can you not love the guy?

He might still grow a bit taller, no? He is only like 18 or so? Still has a couple of years to grow taller!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #640
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Nole How can you not love the guy?

He might still grow a bit taller, no? He is only like 18 or so? Still has a couple of years to grow taller!
It's unusual to grow much after 18, plus he's closing in on 19. Birthday is Jan. 30

Anyway, Oliver Rochus had a very good career and is much shorter than Filip.

Last edited by star : 10-14-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #641
country flag arm

he tweeted back
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #642
country flag arm

Quote:
It's unusual to grow much after 18, plus he's closing in on 19. Birthday is Jan. 30
Close to 19. Bad news for height problem but good news for me only 3.5 years older
Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #643
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Got a tweet from Filip about his website and schedule.

Quote:
We are currently constructing a website where I will be posting my schedule, among other things. It should be out quite soon.
Did you get the same?

Oops! you did!

Also 3.5 - that's good.

Also, he's plenty tall for you.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #644
country flag arm

Quote:
Got a tweet from Filip about his website and schedule.

Did you get the same?

Oops! you did!

Also 3.5 - that's good.

Also, he's plenty tall for you.
No man is too tall for me. Too short maybe, if they are shorter than 1.60cm. Too tall, no way in hell.

Feels bad to like an 18 year old kid so much. I need to rethink my whole posture here.

He tweets back But he is only coming back to Europe next Spring

Also, your twitter username star , pretty much perfect.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #645
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
No man is too tall for me. Too short maybe, if they are shorter than 1.60cm. Too tall, no way in hell.

Feels bad to like an 18 year old kid so much. I need to rethink my whole posture here.

He tweets back But he is only coming back to Europe next Spring

Also, your twitter username star , pretty much perfect.
Oh, you spotted me, huh?

You are moving into the phase where your favorites will be younger than you now. Odd isn't it?

He should definitely play Estoril qualies.
Closed Thread