Football Zone - Page 189 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #2821
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone

I hardly think Osvaldo is untouchable, its not like he was part of the Euro squad. I don't understand why Giovinco is playing for Italy or Juventus.

Balotelli was out because of the flu, Destro was on the bench. Pazzini has no business with the national team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #2822
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Another dreadful US performance in a 2-1 win at Antigua & Barbuda leaving it very, very late to win it. Both goals from Eddie Johnson of all people, his first appearance for the US in years due to his general suckiness. Didn't see the game but from following the live blogs it was a poor performance. Qualification to hexagonal all but certain. That said this is not a good US team at this moment and time and qualification to the World Cup could actually be in a little doubt. Can't envision a lower finish then 4th in the hexagonal which would be the playoff spot against Oceania winner.

Quote:
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #2823
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
Another dreadful US performance in a 2-1 win at Antigua & Barbuda leaving it very, very late to win it. Both goals from Eddie Johnson of all people, his first appearance for the US in years due to his general suckiness. Didn't see the game but from following the live blogs it was a poor performance. Qualification to hexagonal all but certain. That said this is not a good US team at this moment and time and qualification to the World Cup could actually be in a little doubt. Can't envision a lower finish then 4th in the hexagonal which would be the playoff spot against Oceania winner.
Eddie Johnson doesn't suck and he was brilliant today. He had a rough time overseas but he's always dominated in CONCACAF and is having a great year in the MLS. Alan Gordon had a textbook early cross to set the table for the late winner. I didn't like his inclusion, but clearly JK made the right call this time.

The game was played on a cricket pitch and that might have been the smallest and narrowest field I've ever seen. The conditions were awful, windy and rainy and we still had a few shots that hit the post and a late amazing save from the A&B goalkeeper. Donovan and Johnson should be available against Guatemala which should help a lot.

Who gives a shit if it was a poor performance? A win is a win and we got the necessary result today.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #2824
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Disgracefull result for Portugal. And unfair too. But the "Russian Capello Catenaccio" was too effective for us.

At least Lietuva revenge his lost vs. Liechenstein last year, so not everything was bad today... 2nd goal from Edgaras Cesnauskis was trully something. Goal of the day for sure!

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #2825
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Big 3-0 win for Argentina over Uruguay with Messi scoring 2 and Aguero getting the other. They are leading the South American group by 1 point in front of Colombia and Ecuador.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #2826
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Colombia with Falcao ans James leading the team, are doind an amazing qualifying campain. In the other hand, Paraguay just been awuful! Just no words.

Messi "the one who doesn't do shit in the national team" scored 2 goals. Yeah, he sucks!

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #2827
country flag selyoink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Who gives a shit if it was a poor performance? A win is a win and we got the necessary result today.
I care because it was Antigua and Barbuda. The results in Guatemala and Jamaica while not encouraging were not surprising either. Those sides have some level of competency and the US never does great away in CONCACAF against the sides that aren't complete pushovers. Antigua and Barbuda would have been a pushover four years ago for the US team. That isn't a sign of progress. I didn't expect much from Klinnsman because the players don't exist for that but I didn't expect regression either. Its early in his competitive reign but to date it has been regression. The best performances have been in friendlies. I do think the team will play better in the Hexagonal, I feel like maybe they are taking this round for granted to some extent.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #2828
country flag selyoink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
Colombia with Falcao ans James leading the team, are doind an amazing qualifying campain. In the other hand, Paraguay just been awuful! Just no words.
Yes Paraguay's fall has been stunning in this qualification round. It is only halfway through qualification but they would need a remarkable turn around to qualify. I can't say I will miss them though. They have not been pleasant on the eyes in recent tournaments.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #2829
country flag Sauletekis

Quote:
Yes Paraguay's fall has been stunning in this qualification round. It is only halfway through qualification but they would need a remarkable turn around to qualify. I can't say I will miss them though. They have not been pleasant on the eyes in recent tournaments.
Yes. Agreed. For me, maybe it is because they don't have a single player that I like. Actually, when I think of, I think I never really liked or admire, a paraguain player. Maybe the one I respected more was Gamarra.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #2830
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

US at Antigua is equivalent of France or Italy going to Kazakhstan and limping to a 1-0 win. Nothing to read into really. Otherwise England walloping a bunch of bricklayers and window cleaners means they will win the World Cup now.

CONCACAF section is about just getting through for the US and Mexico. The competition isn't great. I hope Jamaica and Canada can get through this time.

League 1 and 2 don't stop during the internationals, hope we can retain our 4-point lead over the third tier.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #2831
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are no worse than Greece, Stoke, West Ham or Norway, then again Norway haven't been at a major event for ages.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #2832
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yes, Lars Lagerbäck is probably one of the most boring men in football but he has had an excellent start with Iceland. They should have pumped Norway by more than 2 and they won in Albania. Finnboagson has a lot of potential and Sigurdsson hit a great free kick to get them the win.

That group is one of the most open for sure. Just wish they'd start again with the style in Norway as Egil Olsen isn't the man to take them forward. Though he has to somehow get them to the World Cup, there are some talented youngsters but they don't get a go. They'd be happy with the draw in Switzerland.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #2833
country flag Sauletekis

Dissapoiting choke from Guyana. 0-0 at minute 77 vs. México. Then, 5 goals conceded in 8 minutes!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #2834
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

SUI robbed by the Spanish referee, must be some nadtard/fed hater
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #2835
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yes, JM Spanish referees are hilariously incompetent but they can't be fault for hitting the post.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Closed Thread