Hugo Chávez re-elected president in Venezuela - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #46
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hugo Chávez re-elected president in Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by caos88 View Post
You have to understand that just because you have elections does not mean that it is a democracy. In Venezuela there is no separation of powers and elections are not fair. The government uses all the resources of the state to his favor. We live in a country rich in natural resources but poor in the economic social and educational. We have thousands of deaths annually, basic food shortage, high inflation, high unemployment, political prisoners, have no legal or personal safety, highest corruption ever, infrastructure in poor condition, with bridges falling off, roads are almost impassable, and accidents in the oil industry happen very often. We used to be a country that received people from other countries, but now our people are migrating to other countries, there is a big brain drain here... Anyway I could be here all night telling you all the bad things that are happening here. Hugo Chavez is the worst thing that that ever happened to us.
yet the venezuelans have chosen at the end, in spite of the efforts of the opposition and the press (which is almost entirely controlled by the right wingers).

if chávez is so awful according to the right wingers, i wonder why the venezualans keep electing him time and time again... they must know something you don't

Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #47
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Or he's turning out the lowest elements of society who are entirely dependent on handouts and when the government runs out of other people's money to give away, then it's anarchy and chaos. You don't seem to understand that the government buys votes in Venezuela and forces government workers to vote for them. They have all the power and money. And if they lose a vote, they simply stage another and another until they get what they want.

That never works out in the long run. The cream of Venezuela's youth are already gone. And that's left will certainly go now. You are left with a communist society that has an elite political class with everything and all the people with the same scraps.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #48
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
funny how you end that with your 10 year long life in cuba. was it good to reap off the benefits of the island for that long?
What benefits of the island could one possibly reap? I can't think of one. The money flowed one-way, from Canada to Cuba (read Fidel). The beaches were great, but I left them as I found them, so that is not reaping any more than going outdoors is reaping sunshine. It would have been nice to do a lot of scuba diving, but Fidel has this weird fear of boats leaving harbours.

Last edited by buddyholly : 10-12-2012 at 08:39 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #49
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yet the venezuelans have chosen at the end, in spite of the efforts of the opposition and the press (which is almost entirely controlled by the right wingers).
Now you are being blind. Didn't Chavez take all the TV time he wanted? Hasn't he mostly silenced the opposition press? There are numerous incidents of journalists being arrested for criticising the government. And most privately owned media outlets self-censor themselves because of the various decrees that prohibit saying things that Chavez may not like. But you probably consider this to be good government.

Last edited by buddyholly : 10-12-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #50
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:

if chávez is so awful according to the right wingers, i wonder why the venezualans keep electing him time and time again... they must know something you don't
Do you also wonder why the Cubans keep electing a Castro time and time again?

Last edited by buddyholly : 10-12-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #51
country flag caos88

caos88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
Or he's turning out the lowest elements of society who are entirely dependent on handouts and when the government runs out of other people's money to give away, then it's anarchy and chaos. You don't seem to understand that the government buys votes in Venezuela and forces government workers to vote for them. They have all the power and money. And if they lose a vote, they simply stage another and another until they get what they want.

That never works out in the long run. The cream of Venezuela's youth are already gone. And that's left will certainly go now. You are left with a communist society that has an elite political class with everything and all the people with the same scraps.
You are 100% right. I mean it's quite hard to underestand what's happening here.It's not as easy as some people say well if he is that bad why is he still winning elections?. He has all the resources from the state, that is a huge amount of money and nobody really can compete with that. And by resources I mean all the money and the public media. He has tv channels, radio stations and pappers to his disposition. He speaks for hours quite often, sometimes several days a week (and when an election is comming even more often), and if you dont have cable you are forced to hear and see whatever he is saying (you can turn the tv or radio off of course) because not only public tv and radio stations HAVE to transmit that but also the private ones. Of course the opposition dont have that luxury. He has shut down tv and radio stations, papers, and has fined other medias, specially one tv station (basically the only tv station that is critical with the goverment) more that once.The elections here are far from fair and equal for every party involved. The balance is clearly tilted to one side, the goverment side.
caos88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #52
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

That would be tough to watch.

Does he ramble for hours and hours like Castro use to do?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #53
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
That's great because at that time you just said I reminded you of Nazi nostalgics, just because I made a parallel between the EU and Nazi Germany on the fact that the elected government no longer decided but the supranational authority, which is perfectly true.

And I'm not ready to easily forgive being associated with Nazi nostalgics, without any reason.

By the way, thereafter you approved a post which considered me a CT, while I was only bringing up verifiable facts.
I never made any such accusation. This is exactly what I'm talking about. You should learn to READ, instead of putting words in my mouth.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #54
country flag caos88

caos88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
That would be tough to watch.

Does he ramble for hours and hours like Castro use to do?
Yes he does, and often too. I stopped watching public tv years ago. Thanks God I have cable.
caos88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #55
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by caos88 View Post
Yes he does, and often too. I stopped watching public tv years ago. Thanks God I have cable.
When nobody listened to Fidel's nightly rants on TV and turned to movie rentals, he closed down all the video stores and banned the sale of VCR's.

And Cubans are not allowed to have cable, so you have not reached that level yet.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #56
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

meh, i'll address all of this when i get some time. right now i need to sleep. i'm flying to easter island in a few hours and (hopefully) i wont long onto mtf there
Old 10-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #57
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

I don't know if I can hold my breath that long.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #58
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
I never made any such accusation. This is exactly what I'm talking about. You should learn to READ, instead of putting words in my mouth.
These are the words that you've put in my eyes, okay (I've just copy/pasted):
You remind me of certain nostalgic Germans who think Hitler's ideas were good in theory.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...2&postcount=56

So now, everybody can see the shameful methods you are using to dismiss arguments. Normally I don't talk to people using such methods, I just ignore them.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote