(-: Aww well! At least he shattered some shenanigans in Shanghai! :-) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #106
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shattering Shenanigans in Shanghai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
I made the prediction then that Federer could surpass McEnroe. He needs to go 6-3 to do just that, having one more win than he, and one less loss.
6-3 doesn't sound too hard, with the indoor season coming up. Would be fun if he could tie McEnroe in titles at the same time.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #107
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I had to leave for work and missed the 3rd set. What happened? I mean it's not surprising that Stan's level dropped and all that... but 6-0?? Only winning 5 points in the whole set?
Fed seemed to suddenly unleash his shots better from the start of the third set, broke Stan in the first game this way, then 2-0.

Third game was tight with a lucky point for Fed and Stan going too much for a few shots, and then 3-0 2 breaks Stan let it go.

Fed could have offered him the 4-0 game though, I think, to counter the sempiternal stupid comments

It's hard to know exactly why Fed played so badly in first round and in first two sets against Stan : lack of preparation, not relaxed because of the record or the death threat, facing Stan ...

I don't know but the third set and generally the way he upped his game as the match went by, gives some hope for the rest of the tournament.

Murray was given the match by Dolgopolov but he looked as if he had a stomach problem or something.

And the first set between Cilic and Verdasco was awful although Cilic won last two sets easily.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #108
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I think this match was a case of Roger fine-tuning his game (which was not in that bad of a place anyway) and Stan playing really well and in key moments at the beginning of the match. As the match wore on (from what I saw), Roger started playing better and Stan worse. I hope Roger can play a solid (and quick) match against Cilic and then be ready for Murray. He should be able to handle him here and the surface really suits him, I think.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #109
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

For those who couldn't watch the match just like me - and for everyone else who wants to see it again relaxed

Congrats for the milestone of 300 weeks at #1 champ

Stan
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #110
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

How many trills, expetially in the 2ond set on 4 games all and Roger 0-30 on his serve and his face
....and poor Stan at the end but only one could win and it's better than our man came out and is going to reach the 300 weeks as #1
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #111
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

My only concern is his serve, he was broken twice and didn't have consistent serve games.

And what makes me relax, is that he's still making some amazing shots. Let's see how he plays today vs Marin.
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #112
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
Wow - I'm truly impressed. You don't just "speak" the language - you're amazingly comfortable in it. If you ever get stuck for a change of career, I'd suggest UN translator
Hmm, like Boris Becker, who, although he still speaks with a pretty thick accent, is incredibly good with idiomatic English.
Not sure the UN actually uses Norwegian, now I come to think of it. What about the EU? They're increasingly desperate for translators ...

Must admit, I did get rather worried when I came on here and saw pages and pages since my last visit. Having just seen the "sad eyes" pic in the "Dork" thread, I thought something not too good might have happened. Pleased to see I was wrong.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #113
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the match.

Stan looked so pissed at the end.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #114
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Just watched the match.

Stan looked so pissed at the end.
And rightly so. He had a massive chance of taking this match, up until losing the 2nd set TB, and completely deflated thereafter - for whatever reason, your guess, his guess, is as good as mine .
I'd be pretty pissed off myself after such a horrible 'performance', too.

That said: 300!!!!

Thanks Stan.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #115
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Interview after match

from Wilson

From Twitter

Quote:
In past 11 months Federer has served bagels to Nadal, del Potro, Djokovic, Wawrinka. He had no 6-0 sets v. Top 30 players in prior 20 months
Quote:
Lisa-Marie Burrows ‏@TennisNewsViews
Federer: "I'm happy I've been able to reach 300 weeks, it's an amazing number & record for me.That's a big thing I've been able to achieve."

Quote:
Paul Annacone ‏@paul_annacone
can I change the shoe from 287 to 300 for total weeks at #1 ? - congrats RF tremendous effort- pic.twitter.com/fCMtFmOl
Quote:
Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes

The Fed has been the best player in the world for 300 weeks. I'm lucky to have been writing about him all that time. Blessed
Quote:
N.J.A ‏@Nick_Annacone

RF secures #1 spot and will make it 300 weeks at the top. Guy's a pretty good tennis player. #RF300
Quote:
Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes

Still recall writing in 1998 that I had seen a player called Roger Federer I thought would be No.1 one day. But 300 weeks?
facebook

Quote:
Thanks to my wonderful Chinese supporters for this weeks great RED envelope! I a
lways look forward to getting this traditional tournament week gift from my rogerfederer.com members. Thanks!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #116
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Fed talked about when he first became number one, then came up with this gem.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...se-To-Top.aspx

Quote:
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever.”
niff is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #117
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever.
Well. I never thought I would ever see myself having a signature on MTF, but if I do, that'll be the one. The rest of us should be so lucky.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #118
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Great start for Roger, break in the 1st game. Then hold. He's now to serve at 2-1.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #119
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Cilic breaks back to 2-2, Roger breaks again to 3-2.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #120
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Roger 6-3 in the 1st, broke again to close it and will start serving in the 2nd. Looking good