Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #136
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
You're just jealous that Del Potro is one of the greatest tactical minds on the ATP tour (only below the likes of Golubev, Rosol, Gulbis and co.), while Murray is a mindless pusher
Right, that must be it. I'm definitely jealous of players who have the equivalent brain cell count of a packet of chips.

Quote:
It was not a choke from Federer, it was tactical genius from Del Potro. He actually has more than one way of playing tennis, while all Murray can do is mindlessly push/retrieve as many balls as possible. That might work in the current slow court era, but as soon as the courts become a bit faster his lack of a plan B is fully exposed
I guess you have nothing to discuss here, so you're just being sarcastic? Fine.

Yeah, you're completely right. That last sentence is entirely correct. The current slow era is what makes Andy win all the time. That must be why his worst surface is clay while he's great on hard/grass (the faster surfaces just so you know) especially the faster tournaments. Yeah, that's it. These slow surfaces really help Andy.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #137
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are ballbashers seen more highly than defenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
alex99
^butthurt detector explodes

get over it

nole got his ass handed to him fair and square by muzzah
get over what bud? not sure aboout 'Nole got his ass handed' but I'm happy for Andy, great win for him. just can't understand this Sap kid. I'm trying tho, lol.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #138
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Andy is a tactician, whether you like it or not. If you think he's a pusher, that's your problem.
see, this is the crux of your problem: you act and respond like a insolent brat.

Red is a better colour whether you like it or not. If you think green is better, that's your problem.

How the fuck can you dispute that?

It's necessary to separate Murray from 'tactician', if you want an answer to the question in the title.
If you don't want to separate that, then you don't really want your question answered, you're just being a notorious asshat.
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #139
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Right, that must be it. I'm definitely jealous of players who have the equivalent brain cell count of a packet of chips.

I guess you have nothing to discuss here, so you're just being sarcastic? Fine.

Yeah, you're completely right. That last sentence is entirely correct. The current slow era is what makes Andy win all the time. That must be why his worst surface is clay while he's great on hard/grass (the faster surfaces just so you know) especially the faster tournaments. Yeah, that's it. These slow surfaces really help Andy.
The poing behind the sarcasm is that Del Potro is as much of a tactician as Murray ie none of them are tacticians. There is exactly as much thoughts/tactics put into a strategy based on power as there is on one based on retrieving as many balls as possible.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #140
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The poing behind the sarcasm is that Del Potro is as much of a tactician as Murray ie none of them are tacticians. There is exactly as much thoughts/tactics put into a strategy based on power as there is on one based on retrieving as many balls as possible.
Del Potro is not even close to as much of a tactician as Boreray.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #141
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
get over what bud? not sure aboout 'Nole got his ass handed' but I'm happy for Andy, great win for him. just can't understand this Sap kid. I'm trying tho, lol.
You should give up then. From your posts, I can tell you don't understand much of anything so trying to understand me won't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
see, this is the crux of your problem: you act and respond like a insolent brat.
When what I have to reply to is, for the most part, nonsense, it deserves the response it gets.

As I said, if something is garbage, it's treated as such.
Quote:
Red is a better colour whether you like it or not. If you think green is better, that's your problem.
I actually prefer red to green.
Quote:
How the fuck can you dispute that?
Perhaps because he's not a pusher and anyone who says so is wrong? You don't need to call him a tactician if you don't want to (he is though), but he is very obviously not a pusher.
Quote:
It's necessary to separate Murray from 'tactician', if you want an answer to the question in the title.
If you don't want to separate that, then you don't really want your question answered, you're just being a notorious asshat.
Laughing at the suggestion that Andy is a tactician is insulting. He's nothing but a tactician.
Quote:
And, what a surprise, you're wrong. Don't even compare Del Potro's "tactics" to Andy's. That's insulting and nonsense.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #142
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear Sap, I'm trying to understand you so much but you are a puzzle to me. I'm old enough to be your father. still can't get it, lol. I'd love to know how you get so sophisticated and smart. do you live with your parents in some great looking basement? Who pays for your internet? Are you still a virgin? maybe a bit fat? pls let us know. too bored today here. I'd love to know more about your fantastic life.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #143
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
oh dear Sap, I'm trying to understand you so much but you are a puzzle to me. I'm old enough to be your father. still can't get it, lol. I'd love to know how you get so sophisticated and smart. do you live with your parents in some great looking basement? Who pays for your internet? Are you still a virgin? maybe a bit fat? pls let us know. too bored today here. I'd love to know more about your fantastic life.
This is not a Q&A thread. If you have questions, there's a thread in non-tennis you can use.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #144
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know Sap, I love watching Murray with all that variety and stuff. They don't know what real tennis is
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #145
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

It's a shame that people don't see Murray's game for what it really is. It's not as good as Roger's, sure, but it's one of he best out there. He has all the skills, all the variety, great power when needed, superb defense, a great first serve and he's smart on court. His game is great to watch.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #146
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

But he doesn't have a huge FH and his BH's attacking ability seems to have declined/regressed.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #147
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sapeod do you think all of us here are saying Murray is a pusher for fun?If every single living person on this forum says he is a pusher then he is a pusher
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #148
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a shame that people don't see Murray's game for what it really is. It's not as good as Roger's, sure, but it's one of he best out there. He has all the skills, all the variety, great power when needed, superb defense, a great first serve and he's smart on court. His game is great to watch.
Yeah I always thought Murray had the game to win a slam. It was just a question of whether he could handle it mentally. Clowns of this forum said his fh is not good enough or his second serve Shows how much they know about the game
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #149
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Hey Sapeod do you think all of us here are saying Murray is a pusher for fun?If every single living person on this forum says he is a pusher then he is a pusher
He's not a pusher. He hits flat and hits winners. Also has a big first serve and can actually volley. And he is a smart player. Dull is a pusher. No game plan. Just moonballs, retrieves, and waits for errors. No intelligence in the way he plays whatsoever.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #150
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Because when a ballbasher is on, it's spectacular. When a pusher is on, it's good at best.
Spot on
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote