2012 ACC Early Fireside Chat (with cocoa & marshmallows). Not the Nominations Thread - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #226
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Pre-ACC Chat Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
you would have to be weak of heart to see it as an attack... however, i have a feeling you are french, and so, you are forgiven...
I'm weak and I'm French (I don't think it's a feeling from you, I said it many times) but I'm not representative of French people at all
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #227
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I came here because I looked at my badreps and saw something about insulting a pregnant woman, which made me wonder of course, then I looked at Thanos's posts and arrived here.
I would accept that if that were the first time you did that. If someone mentions your name in the badrep thread, you go there to explain yourself. I also remember another thread where GSMNadal made some mention about you and you responded there. As far as I've noticed, you haven't let anyone have an independent opinion on you without qualifying it in some way with your own input.

Quote:
The only moments when I've read you on GM were twice to laugh at me.
There is a difference between laughing at you and at your posts. The first time was when you made the Fed-Fish match at Cinci to be some sort of mega classic and the second was when you made some elaborate emotional projection of some random expression on Federer's face.

Quote:
Then I looked at your posts and saw mostly sarcasms at players, at other posters, and so on ...

That's why I thought :
- that you're the kind of persons I know in real life who has a permanent sarcastic look at life, and from my observation in real life these persons have a difficulty to look at realities the way they are ; besides, my opinion is that that tendency has generally grown in modern western world ; finally I don't think it's an insult saying of people that they're like that, it's one kind of personality/attitude, and as I said it makes for good humour ;
- that my serious way of speaking is typically the kind of things you find ridiculous ; besides, you take part in Nadalfans's chat where I know how much hatred I get. And yes, I don't like when people find my personality is ridiculous.
You read a few posts of mine and concocted a whole(quite condescending) foolproof notion about my personality- well done! I could argue with you endlessly about looking at "realities the way they are" or whether that even means anything but I don't quite have the energy/enthusiasm to do that right now.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #228
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
I'm sorry Jimnik, but isn't flyboy the same as Filo V. ??

And add HIAN to that list, NOW

Are you going to do your biased market again fast_clay? I wonder if you pick any non-Rafa fans this time to be on there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
nominations for the following:

duong - abusing a pregnant woman in general messages.
Bashkatik - hating mugrin but being a fan of vulture.
Satasonic - starting a thread about a pug and not posting pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
mateya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Satasonic. A clown of the highest order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Thanos is my nomination. I've seen a few post of his but he is certainly up there.

GSMNadal should be an automatic entry. I don't see how people consider him anything but a vicious tard. I don't know how he built that reputation considering he's never really had a run of good posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
I nominate:
viruzzz
bashkatik
sunset of age
duong
roy emerson
j99
houstonko
duarte a
gagsquet
art&soul
antitennis
juan27
link mage
alter ego
paseo
Thanks everyone. All good nominations.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #229
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

We're up to 73 names:

abraxas21
Action Jackson
alter ego
antitennis
arm
art&soul
Bad Religion
Bashkatik
BigJohn
BroTree123
buddyholly
Burrow
Chase Visa
Clay Death (banned)
Corey Feldman
duarte a
duong
durrrr
EliSter
Everko
fast clay
Filo V.
Freak3y3man84
gagsquet
GOAT = Fed
Grinder
GSMnadal
habibko
har-tru
Hewitt =Legend
Hian
Honestly
houstonko
hypolmer
j99
Jimnik
Johnny Groove
juan27
leng jai
Link Mage
Litotes
Looner
louie
MariaV
Mark Lenders
mateya
Mooza2011
MuzzahLovah
nick the greek
Nole fan
Nole Rules
orka_n
paseo
Pirata.
Punky
pusher for life
Raferminator
rocketassist
roy emerson
samanosuke
Sapeod
Satasonic
silver lining
Start da Game (banned)
sunset of age
Taejin
Thanos
The Bulldog
The Magician (banned)
tommy vercetti
Topspindoctor
tripwires
viruzzz
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #230
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Duong has every right to address clowns like GSMNadal who try to sully his reputation as an excellent poster.

Jimnik, I value your efforts (I really don't) to put together a list but you're pretty much creating a list of the most active posters. We need a clown ratio of idiotic posts to the total number of that user's posts. I'm sure I'll still be there but Mtw.... will surely be up there as well.

A few outbursts cannot qualify you as a clown though. It's unfair on the competition.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #231
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jimnik, I value your efforts (I really don't) to put together a list but you're pretty much creating a list of the most active posters. We need a clown ratio of idiotic posts to the total number of that user's posts. I'm sure I'll still be there but Mtw.... will surely be up there as well.
Ah bummer, just when I thought it was gonna be a Grand Slam, together with 3 qualifying rounds and wild cards.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #232
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, I just had a revelation. 5555 deserves to be in the ACC draw. I mean he hasn't made ONE, I mean ONE single post where he doesn't post about fact BS of his. I don't think anyone can stand the guy (except Start da Greek but that is also poignant).

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #233
country flag Jimnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
At this rate, all active MTFers get nominated LOL.
73 names out of 52,000 active members. Yup, we're definitely getting there.

Quote:
Duong has every right to address clowns like GSMNadal who try to sully his reputation as an excellent poster.

A few outbursts cannot qualify you as a clown though. It's unfair on the competition.
I'm just copying nominations from posts in this thread.

You can make a list of the most active posters if you like. It won't look anything like the list above.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #234
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You will be depressed to find out it was some sort of a compliment to duong for being fair and balanced towards Nadal.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #235
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
73 names out of 52,000 active members. Yup, we're definitely getting there.
I hope you did realize I was joking... This reply scares me into thinking you didn't.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #236
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

You know the field lacks depth when I, the epitome of a non-clown if there ever was one, even gets mentioned let alone actually nominated
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #237
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
You know the field lacks depth when I, the epitome of a non-clown if there ever was one, even gets mentioned let alone actually nominated
Don't kid yourself.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,083,768 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 457-145...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #238
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That post actually qualifies you as a legitimate nominee.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #239
country flag Jimnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I hope you did realize I was joking... This reply scares me into thinking you didn't.
Thanks for the clearing that up.

Quote:
Mate, you're a good person but don't go down the FiloV path. If you let words on an internet forum get to you, this place will drive you crazy.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #240
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Of course I'm an auto entry

But I won't make it past round 2 just like last year

As for the 'mug era' part... I believe this was said last year as well, and it was a pretty explosive ACC... expect some posters to thrive when the time is right
Don't sell yourself short, in this weak field you could make a run. You won't get to pulverize me this time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread