Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #211
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
It was a good year, but I'll wait till it's over to make some final statements. If Nole finishes as #1, which is all I want atm, life is good. the only bad taste in my mouth is when he lost to Rafa at RG. Nole had a momentum and it was gone when it started raining. Also, he should've won that first set against Murray at the USO, but he was too casual and cost him the match at the end. well, kudos to Muzza, I'm the first one who is against should've, would've, could've but I just can't help it.
What?! He only got the momentum because the weather turned and conditions became bad. He was losing 2 sets and a break before the bad weather and even when they stopped play Nadal was up 2 sets to 1 and down a single break early in the fourth so it's hardly like Novak was close to winning that match and deserved to win it. Nadal had a FAR better tournament in every aspect - didn't lose a set on clay ALL season until that match and that was when the conditions favoured Novak rather than Nadal by a fair margin. Nadal dominated good claycourt players like Ferrer whilst Novak nearly lost to Tsonga. So really, though I get Novak fans being sad that he missed out on the chance of 4 in a row, they can't in all honesty say Novak would have been more deserving of that title than Nadal. Nadal was comfortably the best on clay this season. Novak was, and should be, very happy to get to his first final.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #212
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Do you have proof it is better?
You put burden of proof on yourself only if you make an allegation of fact. In this case, I merely stated my personal opinion, and therefore I did not put burden of proof on myself.
5555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #213
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

As a fan, I would say that it was decent...but that's only because I usually have high expectations.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #214
country flag johnny tsunami

johnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond reputejohnny tsunami has a reputation beyond repute

it was a good year but its hard seeing him get so close and lose.
johnny tsunami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #215
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
You put burden of proof on yourself only if you make an allegation of fact. In this case, I merely stated my personal opinion, and therefore I did not put burden of proof on myself.
So you can't prove it is better?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #216
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Djoker still having nightmares after the USO. He was righfully the best player player of the year, even after sickness allowed Noserer to beat him at Wimby

Too bad tennis matches aren't decided by skill these days, but by who the particular tennis association favors with scheduling and weather conditions because yanks can't afford a roof over AA.
no surprise you're a Nadal fan with that statement.

On topic: I am not a fan although I like Nole a lot, and I say his year has been good, one shouldn't expect he repeats 2011 every year.

If he wins WTF it'll be a great year.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #217
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
So you can't prove it is better?
I explained why the burden of proof is not on me and you did not provide counterargument. Therefore, you lost yet another argument.
5555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #218
country flag Winner Seaker
Banned!

Winner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond reputeWinner Seaker has a reputation beyond repute

Nole should step up and take at least 3 GS in next year. He can do that. Nadal is probably out due his grinding game and injuries which his game caused to his body. Federer will be 1 year older, and probably little slower , and Murray is only real competition to him for this slams.

I dont see who else can win slams next year except this 4 guys.
Winner Seaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote