1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #436
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Good for him. Great school, great program! I mean MM.
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #437
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis

Boys quarters set: Rubin(1) v Lederman; Kwiatkowski(3) v Schnur(5); Redlicki(6) v DiFeo(4) and Paul v Papa(2) #TulsaITF
Tommy, finally a breakthrough

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #438
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for tommy! I had 5 out of 8. I m slipping!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #439
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
3rd Round

Noah RUBIN (USA) [1]             7-6(5) 6-1      Francis TIAFOE (USA)
    Roy LEDERMAN (USA)               6-4 6-3         Michael MMOH (USA) [11]
    Thai-Son KWIATKOWSKI (USA) [3]   6-2 6-3         Josh Hagar HAGAR (USA) [16]
    Brayden SCHNUR (CAN) [5]         4-1 Retired     Daniel KERZNERMAN (USA) [9]
    Martin REDLICKI (USA) [6]        6-3 7-6(3)      Grant SOLOMON (USA)
    Hugo DI FEO (CAN) [4]            6-1 6-0         JC ARAGONE (USA)
    Tommy PAUL (USA)                 6-2 6-4         Luca CORINTELI (USA) [7]
    Spencer PAPA (USA) [2]           3-6 6-1 6-2     Henry CRAIG (USA)

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #440
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Chirico, Lederman Among Four Unseeded Players in Pan America

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...-unseeded.html

Quote:
The boys quarterfinalists also have two unseeded players among them. Fifteen-year-old Tommy Paul, who has never been beyond the semifinals of a Grade 4, has beaten two seeds in his first three matches, including his 6-2, 6-4 win over No. 7 seed Luca Corinteli today. Paul, who is now training at L'Academie de Tennis in Boynton Beach, will play No. 2 seed Spencer Papa, who needed three sets to get by unseeded Henry Craig 3-6, 6-1, 6-2.

Papa, a 16-year-old from Edmund, Oklahoma, saved a break point serving at 3-2 in the third set, with Craig chipping in a couple of errors, and when Papa broke him for the third time in the set, Craig lost his chance for the upset. Papa closed the match with an ace, to reach the quarterfinals of the Pan American Closed for the second straight year.

Canadian Brayden Schnur, the No. 5 seed, also reached the quarterfinals for the second year in a row when Dan Kerznerman, the No. 9 seed, retired with a back injury down 4-1 in the first set. Kerznerman was able to play doubles later in the day, serving underhanded.

Schnur will play No. 3 seed Thai Kwiatkowski, who earned a 6-2, 6-3 victory over No. 16 seed Josh Hagar that was much more difficult than the score might indicate.

Martin Redlicki, the No. 6 seed, will play No. 4 seed Hugo Di Feo of Canada in the second match in the bottom half. Di Feo cruised past JC Aragone 6-1, 6-0, and Redlicki fought off a stern challenge from Grant Solomon 6-3, 7-6(3).

Top seed Noah Rubin trailed 5-2 in the opening set against unseeded 14-year-old Frances Tiafoe and it was over an hour before he could claim the first set, but Rubin, the 2011 Pan American finalist, finished quickly 7-6(5), 6-1.

Next up for Rubin will be unseeded Roy Lederman, who defeated another member of the USA's 14-and-under World Championship team, No. 11 seed Michael Mmoh, 6-4, 6-3 in just over two hours.

Lederman, who recently committed to Stanford University, was full of praise for his younger opponent.

"Our points were so long," said Lederman. "He's really good, hits the ball really well, it was just a grind. I said to myself, I'm older, if I can stay in the match, I'm going to have a good chance, because he's probably going to be more immature. But he's really, really good. I served well when I needed to, and stayed in the points as long as possible until he made the mistake, and that was the match."

Lederman was up 5-1 in the second set, but said he got a little nervous before a playing a good game to close out the match.

Because he's now earned admission to his dream school, Lederman is playing with less pressure than he felt before.

"I think it's helping my tennis also," said Lederman, a 17-year-old from Miami. "Before I was all stressed. How much scholarship am I going to get, what schools are going to offer me, it was really stressful. My goal has always been to go to Stanford and I didn't want to screw it up. Now I'm playing much looser, I'm enjoying tennis much more."

The doubles quarterfinals will also be played on Thursday, with the top five seeds still alive in the boys draw, and three of the top four seeds remaining in the girls draw.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #441
country flag zumbazumba

Default Re: Chirico, Lederman Among Four Unseeded Players in Pan America

Lederman is a very nice kid and a very good player. He may make it tough for Rubin.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #442
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Chirico, Lederman Among Four Unseeded Players in Pan America

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
Lederman is a very nice kid and a very good player. He may make it tough for Rubin.
no semifinal predictions? Lederman got himself into a very nice school and program as well.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #443
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give you my predictions: Rubin, Schnur, Di Feo, Papa

I'll also predict my predictions. I bet I predicted 2 out of 4 correctly.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #444
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'll go with Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Di Feo, and Papa.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #445
country flag zumbazumba

I m sorry. I ll take Lederman, Thai rather easy over Schnuur, Redlicki will beat DiFeo and Papa should roll Paul. How about dubs? Any predictions there?

Last edited by zumbazumba : 10-11-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #446
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I'll go with Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Di Feo, and Papa.
I wanted to pick the top 4 seeds too but then I thought, "Nah, that's no fun at all."
Old 10-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #447
country flag PTWahoo14

Di Feo def Redlicki 7-6(9), 6-4
Kwiatkowski def Schnur 6-2. 6-2
Rubin and Lederman are in a third set tiebreak. Rubin was up a break at 3-2 in the third set, then he lost it, saved 3 match points serving at 4-5, broke again to serve for the match at 6-5, but then got broken again to head to the tiebreak.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #448
country flag zumbazumba

Was right about Thai going through Schnuur easily. Got it wrong with Redlicki. Let s see about Lederman
Old 10-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #449
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
Di Feo def Redlicki 7-6(9), 6-4
Kwiatkowski def Schnur 6-2. 6-2
Rubin and Lederman are in a third set tiebreak. Rubin was up a break at 3-2 in the third set, then he lost it, saved 3 match points serving at 4-5, broke again to serve for the match at 6-5, but then got broken again to head to the tiebreak.
Are you in Tulsa? How do you get this info?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #450
country flag PTWahoo14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
Are you in Tulsa? How do you get this info?
I WISH! I just saw a tweet from Colette Lewis of Zootennis saying he was up a break at 3-2 in the third set, and then I checked out live stats (http://www.tulsahurricane.com/livest...lsaTennis.html) and caught the end of the match when he was serving at 4-5.

Rubin def Lederman. I think the score was 6-2 0-6 7-6(7-3).