Grigor in Asia - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #121
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
Thomas Johansson @TompaSthlmOpen
40s
Grigor Dimitrov has withdrawn from If Stockholm Open due to injury. #IfSthlmOpen
I was expecting that. He asked for a medical timeout during his match with Monaco in Tokyo and looks like he have some pain under his right shoulder. He was clearly having that pain again today in the match with Djokovic and I think that is a good decision. Hopefully he will be OK for Basel and Paris and there he will have a chance to get some points, because now he will lose 45 for the QF in Stockholm last year.

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #102, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #122
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

He's had a number of niggling injuries lately so he's doing the right thing withdrawing to get fit agian.

Welcome to the forum iniesta896.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #123
country flag iniesta896

iniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Grigor's next tournament will be in Basel, right?
iniesta896 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #124
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iniesta896 View Post
Thank you! Grigor's next tournament will be in Basel, right?
If he is OK by then, then that should be his next tournament

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #102, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #125
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
I was expecting that. He asked for a medical timeout during his match with Monaco in Tokyo and looks like he have some pain under his right shoulder. He was clearly having that pain again today in the match with Djokovic and I think that is a good decision. Hopefully he will be OK for Basel and Paris and there he will have a chance to get some points, because now he will lose 45 for the QF in Stockholm last year.
At least the injury explains why he didn't serve many aces today. Part of me wants him to take the rest of the season off and really work on his fitness so he starts 2013 in great shape. It's a gamble and he will drop a bit in the rankings but it would probably really help his game.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #126
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

Had a chance to view the match and took the following from it: 1. He didn't have a good serving day - against Novak you might as well forget winning, because you're not going to win too many points on second serve. 2. He missed too many returns of serve (in my opinion this part of his game has the most opportunity to improve). Novak also served lights out! 3. I really liked how he was able to hang with Novak when he stayed inside the baseline and took the ball early - I'm hoping that he will continue to do that. Overally the injury seemed to bother him for sure - I think he could have kept one of the sets a lot closer had he been full strength. Overall I don't think it was a bad performance considering his first round win. Most players struggle in their second full season on tour, and my assumption is that he's learning quite a bit right now.
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #127
country flag rargeyy

rargeyy is on a distinguished road

Sorry I disappeared some days, but I cant fetch my computer to Shanghai, so, I bring you guys some pics of what I took in Shanghai, some of them are never photoed by anyone else
rargeyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote