Tour Taking It's Toll on Tomic? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #46
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tour Taking It's Toll on Tomic?

move along people... nothing to see here...

all there is here to see is NardDog speaking the truth... the tour gospel... what's wrong with that...? you'd have to be some kind of tool not to realise that you need a lot of miles in your legs before you crack the tour... and lo and behold, The NardDog already has... you'd have to have shit for brains not to know that the average age of top 100 tour players is getting older pretty much year on year, that's a fact... its just how hard the tour is... the young body needs to harden the f**k up... but i am never surprised at how low the comprehension levels of the mtf poster falls, pretty much year on year... though i am surprised by who they are in this thread...

NardDog just tellin it like it is... move along people...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #47
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Mind over matter Tomug.

ROGER FEDERER > dull
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #48
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Tomug is yet another overrated, useless, talentless, underpowered junkballing clown. I dunno why he had been hyped so much, I see nothing special in him at all. His lack of game and disgusting attitude will ensure that the bogan will remain ranked no higher than top 30.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #49
country flag Jomp1

Jomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic who has played a grand total of 51 matches+couple of DC rubbers, where in all but a few he tanked at least parts of them, complaining about a rough schedule. In all those tournaments he's only played four matches in a week once, and usually he plays one or two. He's had about the easiest schedule of anyone who is a regular on the tour. Ironic.
Jomp1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #50
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
He came out in his first match at a tournament around 10 times or so, no way you can blame physical game for that, he's 19 not 39
That isn't the point being made. Sure playing a large number of matches is exhausting, but the traveling is almost just as bad. You have additional stress to get to a different location, then you have to adjust, get situated and then play your matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james82 View Post
Kei had already won a title at 17 and made 4th round of a slam
Tomic made QF at Wimbledon last year and had a chance to perhaps knock out Djokovic. Novak was never really comfortable in that match, and it probably should have gone to at least a 5th set.

It isn't that I particularly like Tomic or any of the youngsters, but I certainly feel for them, and especially they have the pressure from the casual tennis world to be the next Federer/Nadal which is most likely not going to happen, at least for quite a while. The standards they put should be left out for comparisons. No, they aren't producing Hewitt or Chang-like numbers at a young age, but the game is different today, a lot more physical and mental, they need to develop physically to compete at the highest level.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #51
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to pro tennis tour, Tomug.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #52
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Lol @ MTF writing off a 19 year old.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #53
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Lol @ MTF writing off a 19 year old.
Nobody is writing him off. However, he should be tearing it up now, not getting bageled left and right and complaining about the long season. But it seems 28 is the new 21, so plenty of time to get it right
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #54
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Haterz coming out and Tomic is not even the world number 1 yet. Interesting next 10 years on MTF.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #55
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Nobody is writing him off. However, he should be tearing it up now...
Not really. Based on what exactly? His showing at Wimbledon last year?

His game has a lot of room for development. As it stands, his lack of outright weaponry and propensity for tactical tennis means he has to be mentally sharp for every match he plays. Unfortunately, however, he's obviously in a very poor state of mind right now as the weighing pressure and taxing circuit grind him down. And as he loses that edge, the more experienced or physical players are able to put a lot of matches in their hands simply by making him stay out there. He's inexperienced and underdeveloped, so there's nothing to suggest he should be lighting anything up right now, but he has plenty of time and potential to grow.

You might not be writing him off, but you might as well be to blatantly undermine everything in play right now.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #56
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
your always making excuses for the things he say.

every single player feels the pressure of defending points. Its milos's first year defending points too and he didnt wilt under the pressure
What was Milos doing at Tomic's age? He sure as hell wasn't ranked as high as Tomic is at the moment so your point is invalid.

I'm not making excuses for the things he says, I'm pointing out that he is just a kid who will take time to develop. It's the easiest thing in the world for a nobody on a forum to criticise someone in Tomic's position but he's done very well so far.
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #57
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by james82 View Post
Kei had already won a title at 17 and made 4th round of a slam
18, actually and Tomic reached the Quarter-finals of Wimbledon at 18.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #58
country flag clokey34

clokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond reputeclokey34 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see some sensible posts.
clokey34 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote