Tsonga: Referees always favor top 4 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #61
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsonga: Referees always favor top 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lining View Post
That's how he feels, yes. Does that automatically make it true? No.

It won't change anything, anyway. It will probably only make things harder for him. I can't imagine the top 4 or the ATP are going to appreciate his comments. He should stop talking and get back to playing good Tennis.
I might be wrong but are you implying that top 4 not appreciating his comments might make things harder for him? If so, you're basically admitting the problem, as it'd mean they have a kind of power they shouldn't have.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #62
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
yes Laver played in a much more varied era with 3 GS on grass
laver won a lot of titles on grass, clay, carpet, wood and hard

you're barking up the wrong tree by suggesting he was a one surface pony

more to the point, can't compare 1960s to 2010s

can't really compare 1990s to 2010s either, but less so, some aspects can be compared

such as the courts, players at the top, grand slams etc
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #63
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

If the umpires always favor the top four how did the top four reach the top four when they were once ranked lower? Tsonga is full of crap and can't admit that there are four players who are much better than he is.

8 to 3 advantage Federer
8 to 5 advantage Djokovic
6 to 1 advantage Murray
7 to 3 advantage Nadal

Of course, H2H don't tell the whole story. More importantly, the top four perform better against the universe of all players.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #64
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

He may well have a point.
That final in Beijing surely adds to his oppinon - a clear point that should have been replayed got offered in straights to his opponent, Tsonga rightfully complained but to no avail

Off the record, can someone please explain to me why that Lahyani-guy is still so popular, while making massive mistakes again-and-again??? His good looks, his nice way of getting around with fans, WHAT is it?

A judge should do his job, whatever the public opinion.

Sorry for saying so, but Mo Lahyani should GO.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #65
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperren View Post
...it's starting to look like Tsonga is looking at every possible excuse for why he's not doing any better than Top 5 or 6 (I remember that "other players are playing more smaller tournaments" excuse a couple of months back). Any excuse apart from admitting he's not playing well enough or consistently enough to get the points or the wins.
This comment is true as well as what Tsonga says. It would be better of Jo shut up and let his racquet do the talking. If the top 4 gets such great treatment then why doesn't he become a top 4 player? Like all the French he lacks balls and looks for excuses.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #66
country flag redshift36188

redshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga might be right, but that's not the mindset I want to see in him. It's not like he is being clearly robbed.
redshift36188 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #67
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

When Clownga wins multiple slams, he can have the favor of the umpires. But I suspect he has no game to do so.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #68
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
Tsonga might be right, but that's not the mindset I want to see in him. It's not like he is being clearly robbed.
I agree. He should be more focused on improving his BH and ROS.

However, I can also understand him. It must be frustrating to see the same players getting preferential treatment time and again in every respect. That and the USO semis this year must be really depressing for a guy like Jo: to win a Slam, he'd always have to find a way to hit through the best defenders the game has ever seen on super slow surfaces. But that is not enough: playing better than them won't be enough, he needs to play much better than them, just better won't cut it for the reasons we know.

I don't like to see this resignation from Jo, but I'm sure it will not affect his effort to win titles and really someone had to say something. It is obviously demoralizing, he's not getting any help, that's for sure.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #69
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Well, tough titty Jo.Life is unfair, get used to it.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #70
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
However, I can also understand him. It must be frustrating to see the same players getting preferential treatment time and again in every respect. .
What planet are you from? That has always been the case in all aspects of life, not just in pro sports. Clownga is just bitter because he is not good enough to take advantage. Umpires shitting their pants when a player looks at them is a privilege that was earned by the big 3. They all were journeymen at some point. When Clownga wins multiple slams, he can also benefit, until then he's just a butthurt scrub who come off as a whiner.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #71
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Ok why does this have to be a discussion about what anyone says really, this is not looking good.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #72
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga just lost his top 5-10 ranking privileges from Umpires

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #73
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
What planet are you from? That has always been the case in all aspects of life, not just in pro sports. Clownga is just bitter because he is not good enough to take advantage. Umpires shitting their pants when a player looks at them is a privilege that was earned by the big 3. They all were journeymen at some point. When Clownga wins multiple slams, he can also benefit, until then he's just a butthurt scrub who come off as a whiner.
The thing is that no players should get preferential treatment from umpires.

Telling Clownga to become a Top 4 player is irrelevant.

Federer will win another grand slam.
Cilic is not a one slam wonder.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #74
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
The thing is that no players should get preferential treatment from umpires.

Telling Clownga to become a Top 4 player is irrelevant.

'Should' and 'How things really are' are two very different things. Time for Clownga and some posters here to face the reality.

Should the umpires treat everyone equally? Yes. Will it ever happen? No. Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are not the first and certainly not the last to abuse the system. When they are gone, someone else who wins many slams will take their place.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #75
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Tsonga just lost his top 5-10 ranking privileges from Umpires
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote