Grigor in Asia - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #106
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor in Asia

Another MP
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #107
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

He won it with a very nice volley. It was a bit nervy towards the end but it was a good match and he played some awesome tennis in the 2nd set. Can't wait for Djokovic next.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #108
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Well done ,Grishe! Best of luck against The Djoker
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #109
country flag xavihernandez

xavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond reputexavihernandez has a reputation beyond repute

He will play the second match after 2pm local time (8 am CET)
on the center Court
xavihernandez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #110
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!Just show ur game Grisho
Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #111
country flag Hypnotize

He needs to go into this match believing he can win it and going for his shots. If he plays defensively, Novak will dominate the rallies. Even though I'm a huge Novak fan, Grigor is my favourite player and I'm hoping for an upset.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #112
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
He needs to go into this match believing he can win it and going for his shots. If he plays defensively, Novak will dominate the rallies. Even though I'm a huge Novak fan, Grigor is my favourite player and I'm hoping for an upset.
Yes, he really needs to do that, but he also have to keep that thought no matter what the score is and keep fighting until the last point and not give up after losing the first set, if he gets broken or something like that. I think right now Grigor won't be able to challenge Nole and I expect something like 6-3 6-2 win for Nole, but I'll be really happy if Grisho makes me shove those words back into my mouth!

Good luck to him and hopefully he will show us what he is capable of. The most normal thing is that Grigor will lose tomorrow, but I think that will be a great experience for him and if I'm not mistaken I think some months ago he said in an interview that he wants to face Djokovic (that was probably when Nole was still number 1 in the world) and now he will have that chance

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #102, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #113
country flag Hypnotize

On paper this is a bad match-up for Grigor because Novak is the best defender in the men's game and will make Grigor play a lot of balls so he really needs to focus and take any opportunities that he gets. Novak will try to break down his backhand but Grigor has an excellent slice which Novak hates so he can use that to his advantage. Novak is obviously the favourite and he was in awesome form last week but if Grigor can serve big, play aggressively and keep his head then anything can happen. One thing is for certain, Novak knows how to win matches and he will capitalise on any sign of weakness from Grigor.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #114
country flag Hypnotize

I wish I could see this match but I'm following on LS. Not a good start but at least he came back from 0-30 to win his 2nd service game. Novak seems to be serving well today and has only missed one 1st serve.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #115
country flag Hypnotize

2-4. Hopefully he has started to settle and play better.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #116
country flag Hypnotize

3-5. He needs to start winning points on Novak's serve now.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #117
country flag Hypnotize

He lost 6-3 6-2. I didn't see the match but looking at the stats, he didn't win enough points on Novak's serve or on his own 2nd serve. He could have done with serving more aces which might have put less pressure on his serve and allowed him to get into the match. His biggest problem was dropping serve to love at the start of both sets.

It's one of those matches that he has to learn from and figure out what he needs to improve. My main concern is that his serve is so inconsistent at the moment. He served amazingly well against Gasquet but only managed one ace today. Novak may be the best returner in the game but he should have done better than that. He needs to really work on his serve to get more consistency.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #118
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor was clearly still bothered by his underarm injury. It didn't seem to bother him during the match with Pablo. So it's probably just mental. (I mean the injury is real but it was aggravated by the situation in his mind.)

Anyway, he couldn't trouble Djokovic at all. The match was less closer than it seemed on the scoreboard. This is the worst top 10 match-up for him but well, he's not at his best and Djokovic is the best top 10 he has played. So... Nothing much to learn from this match except that his level is still far from the top guys.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #119
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas Johansson @TompaSthlmOpen
40s
Grigor Dimitrov has withdrawn from If Stockholm Open due to injury. #IfSthlmOpen

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #120
country flag iniesta896

iniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond reputeiniesta896 has a reputation beyond repute

Very bad news! I hope he will recover soon from the injury.
iniesta896 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote