Tsonga: Referees always favor top 4 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsonga: Referees always favor top 4

Howard Webb in particular favours a certain member of the top 4.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

The top 4 will probably only be favoured by referees if they are favoured by the audience.

Someone tried to find out why football teams win more at home than away. Their finding? The refereeing. But not voluntarily. Referees are influenced by the spectators. If you have a team play for empty stands, as happens occasionally as a punishment, the home advantage is lost. The also had referees refereeing matches where they heard the sounds from the audience, and then another group doing the same matches without the sound. No statistical uncertaintly about the find. The only question is "How much", not "If".
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga is starting to get on my nerves. An umpire made the same call against Djokovic at the U.S. Open

Just shut up already
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
I watched the match, Novak's challenges were all spot on.
Yup, this, Novak's challenges are often correct, I think there was even some stats about that, but no way of finding it. Anyway, Tsonga is a top player himself, #5 or #6, it's not like he's a random journeyman from top 500.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about his broader point, but that call in the tiebreak was utterly ridiculous and everyone in the live chat thought so as well. How many times have we seen a player serve, the returner get a racket on it, and ball be incorrectly called out. Always if the call is overturned on challenge, they replay the point if the opponent gets a racket on it. At least in every other match I've seen. But Djokovic is awarded an ace in the tiebreak. That has to be unnerving and irritating. I don't blame Tsonga for ranting a bit after that.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they just don't like circus acts and/or cavemen. And since he is both, it would make him bitter.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

It's true ... just like before the 2008 WTF final between Davy and Faker ...
the ATP openly said that they wish Novak to win cause of TOP 4 .. and hoping Davy not destroying some of the image on the top 4 cause of his own introvert character ...

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
the ATP openly said that they wish Novak to win cause of TOP 4 .. and hoping Davy not destroying some of the image on the top 4 cause of his own introvert character ...
are you serious or just being sarcastic? give me the source of 'the ATP' saying this.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga is right about this point in the tiebreak the point should be replayed .The same happened in TB at AO between Fed and Nadal and Fed served again.The outburst of Malisse at UO open he also said Nadal is allowed 30 mins to take between the points but for them 20 mins. The players can see they are treated differently than top four and get angry or maybe they can know more than we do know.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #25
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post

I remember that match Nole destroyed your bald loser in 2
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #26
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Yup, this, Novak's challenges are often correct, I think there was even some stats about that, but no way of finding it. Anyway, Tsonga is a top player himself, #5 or #6, it's not like he's a random journeyman from top 500.
There was a website that had this stat. Dunno how true it was, but I believed it But I can't remember where I saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
I'm not sure about his broader point, but that call in the tiebreak was utterly ridiculous and everyone in the live chat thought so as well. How many times have we seen a player serve, the returner get a racket on it, and ball be incorrectly called out. Always if the call is overturned on challenge, they replay the point if the opponent gets a racket on it. At least in every other match I've seen. But Djokovic is awarded an ace in the tiebreak. That has to be unnerving and irritating. I don't blame Tsonga for ranting a bit after that.
Umpires are starting to do that more often: award the point to the server even if you get a racket on it. Like I said before, it happened to Djokovic at the U.S. Open.

I have no problem with it. 9 times out of 10, the "out" call did not disrupt the returner and the umpire is just giving the returner the benefit of the doubt by replaying the point; they're basically placating the players. The only issue is that this call isn't made consistently across ALL umpires. But I have seen the call being made more often in the last few months.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #27
country flag Rick Rude

Rick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Referees do indeed favour top 4, especially the Mancs.
Rick Rude is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #28
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
I remember that match Nole destroyed your bald loser in 2
Lol, true
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Jo i like u but ur talking b/s
im sure when he won fed or rafa he wont say the ref were on their side and come on its tennis, u have challenges and line judge, no one is perfect but thats why u have the challenge System.

i think he is not over the lost to nole in RG

he should get over it b/c he is nothing close to his last year shape
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #30
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
The top 4 will probably only be favoured by referees if they are favoured by the audience.

Someone tried to find out why football teams win more at home than away. Their finding? The refereeing. But not voluntarily. Referees are influenced by the spectators. If you have a team play for empty stands, as happens occasionally as a punishment, the home advantage is lost. The also had referees refereeing matches where they heard the sounds from the audience, and then another group doing the same matches without the sound. No statistical uncertaintly about the find. The only question is "How much", not "If".
This was actually interesting, not every day you read something worthwhile on MTF.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote