Comparing Roger and Tiger - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #16
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparing Roger and Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Tiger's time at the top of golf, his domination of the field (which was a strong field! Mickleson, Els, Singh etc.) was unheard of - he had no rival when at his best. I've no doubt Tiger isn't the nicest person but his impact on the world of sport has been far far greater than Federer's. Look how quickly Nadal's got to 11 slams - let's see how long before another golfer gets to 14 like Tiger has...
You can't compare golf and tennis. But the fact that Tiger Woods is a black man from the USA (dominating what most would call a white mans sport) has a lot to do with his success. If he was from Fiji it would be a different story. I'm still amazed at how successful world wide Federer is considering he's from a small country like Switzerland. Speaking English obviously helps (especially with endorsements). But still I can only imagine what his world wide popularity would be if he had been born in the USA or UK.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #17
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobama View Post
You can't compare golf and tennis. But the fact that Tiger Woods is a black man from the USA (dominating what most would call a white mans sport) has a lot to do with his success.
Actually, he isn't a black man. He is half Asian (quarter Chinese and quarter Malaysian), quarter black, one eighth Native American and one eighth Dutch. He describes himself as "Calibnasian", a syllabic abbreviation from Caucasian, Black, American Indian and Asian.

When you look at him closely you clearly see that he looks more Asian than anything else.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Actually, he isn't a black man. He is half Asian (quarter Chinese and quarter Malaysian), quarter black, one eighth Native American and one eighth Dutch. He describes himself as "Calibnasian", a syllabic abbreviation from Caucasian, Black, American Indian and Asian.

When you look at him closely you clearly see that he looks more Asian than anything else.
I don't know what world you live in but had Tiger Woods not been a celebrity,he wouldn't be able to flash down a cab in NYC.You're out of touch and delusional

GOP Senator (WI-R) who doubts female senator was sexually harassed linked to Church sex abuse coverup

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/0...abuse-coverup/
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #19
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes I know he's many different ethnicities but most people think of him as a black man, certainly moreso than Asian or anything else. Regardless my point still stands. If Tiger Woods was a Caucasian from Switzerland vs multiethnic from the United States would he be as wealthy and famous. The answer is a big fat NO. Would Roger Federer be more wealth and famous if he left Switzerland and moved to the United States or, say, London? Probably. That's why it's impossible to compare him and Tiger.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #20
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Quote:
Is it just a coincidence that the Federers are still seen socializing with Woods' ex but not with Woods himself?
Well they are still talking to each other:

Quote:
At age 30, Roger Federer ended a two-year major drought and won Wimbledon for the seventh time on Sunday. Many doubted if the Swiss great could ever win on Centre Court again, but one man did not: Tiger Woods.

Federer credited the 14-time major winner with providing encouragement all the way to his 17th major title.

"(Woods) was very pumped up these last couple days for me," Federer said, according to ESPN. "He was very supportive. It's nice, when other greats like this do believe in me. They push me further, even in the rain delay, when they cheer you on. I wish him the best, as well."
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7Ypy?u...ampaign=tennis

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #21
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
I don't know what world you live in but had Tiger Woods not been a celebrity,he wouldn't be able to flash down a cab in NYC.You're out of touch and delusional
Why so angry? What I said is correct. As for the possibility of flashing cabs in New York, I have zero personal experience and would not hazard to guess about the availability of cabs to unfamous blacks, asians, calibnasians or other minorities.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #22
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Please. Calibnasian who comes up with this crap ? What the syllabic abbreviation for Obama's mixed ethnicity ?

Anyway as far as athleticism is concerned tennis > golf by a wide margin. I am happy that Roger and Tiger have remained on friendly terms despite the pressure on Fed to throw him under the bus. Fed is a remarkable fella. Haas said some catty stuff about Roger in the past but Roger decided to be best mates with the guy Same with Navratilova etc. Lots of other examples where he not only forgives but makes it his priority to befriend these people Either he cannot hold a grudge to save his life or he can't stand anyone not liking him...

P.S...childhood has a lot to do with how people turn out so I would not rush cast harsh judgements on Tiger Woods. Kudos to Roger's parents for doing a sterling job. Roger did not start playing tennis until 8 whereas Tiger was bred to be a golf superstar. Completely different backgrounds = completely different personalities.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #23
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

comparing again..
Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #24
country flag tennisnba
Banned!

tennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond reputetennisnba has a reputation beyond repute

I not like Tiger.
tennisnba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #25
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis >>>> Golf

Mirka >> Tiger's wife(s)

Roger >>>>>> Tiger

But tigers are endangered because of habitat destruction. When they cut down the Woods in South and Southeast Asia, the Tiger population decreases.

So we must respect the Tiger before it is too late to save the beautiful orange and black striped cat.

Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
country flag erez

erez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond reputeerez has a reputation beyond repute

what's to compare. one is an athlete and the other is not. golf is not a sport, period.

woods can be compared with darts competitors ,snooker players or chess players. in all of these you can be fat, overweight and still be the best in the world.
erez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote