3 Weeks In Asia (Asian Season 2012) - Shanghai - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #46
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Weeks In Asia (Asian Season 2012) - Beijing

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Anderson.aspx

Quote:
"I had chances to win this match and I made bad mistakes," admitted Gasquet, who led 2-0 in the final set. "He's talented. He plays aggressive and fast, and at the end he played better than me. I didn't play my best match, but it happens and it's because he's talented. He deserves this victory."

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #47
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I was up Very late working and half watching this match. I pretty much expected this, Richard often plays poorly the week after going far in a tournament (hard to get to top 10 that way...).

We'll see which Richard shows up next week, the aggressive fighter of last week or the passive, moonballer of today but it is almost as if Richard does not want to be top 10. He had a chance to move up if he won a few rounds but instead he looked as if he really did not want to win. He stepped up his game in the second set after a sad first set but then as if to say oh no I might win, reverted back to his passive game and let Zhang walk all over him which he did quite well.

Zhang came in fired up and ready to play in front of his home crowd; Richard came in just wanting to get the match over. Was nice comment from Richard after match, not focusing on how out if it he was that match but rather on Zhang's good play.

And wasn't that Perye, Richard's old coach, now coaching Zhang - that probably messed with Richard's head too.

REst up Richard and come back fired up to play next week!
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #48
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Missed chance this week to go deep...

But, I think he actually played well. For example, better than most of his matches on outdoor hard courts this year. Better than all matches at US Open. He was actually varying his returns, hit forehand deep most of the time and came to net at times. The guy he was playing had hit unreal shots, especially bh down the line. Now, Richard should get back indoors and hopefully remember his form last week. Strangely, I don't feel bad about this loss at all, it's not about the result but the way he is playing. Last couple weeks, there are clear signs that he is working on his forehand a lot and trying to make it more effective shot.

Allez
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #49
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad1980 View Post
Missed chance this week to go deep...

But, I think he actually played well. For example, better than most of his matches on outdoor hard courts this year. Better than all matches at US Open. He was actually varying his returns, hit forehand deep most of the time and came to net at times. The guy he was playing had hit unreal shots, especially bh down the line. Now, Richard should get back indoors and hopefully remember his form last week. Strangely, I don't feel bad about this loss at all, it's not about the result but the way he is playing. Last couple weeks, there are clear signs that he is working on his forehand a lot and trying to make it more effective shot.

Allez
I share the same thought. When Zhang won the match, I was upset because Richard had a great chance of making the later rounds and also leading in the 3rd set but I am looking forward to Shanghai. Richard deserves some much needed rest after winning in Bangkok.

Race for London!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #50
country flag Quetzal

Quetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
fucking hopeless person. Sick of your endless clownerie.
If you don`t have anything smart to write, please log out from Richard`s forum and don`t come back.
You are not a fan of Richard as I see.
Quetzal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #51
country flag ImmzB

Big week coming up in Shanghai!! Considering he is in the race for the World Tour Finals. He will be the 11th seed as it stands. Hopefully he get's a good draw and that takes place tomorrow! Allez!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #52
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

Shanghai's draw is out. Richard will face a qualifier then the winner of Hewitt/Stepaneck. He is in the same part than Isner who's not that good in indoors despite his serve. Then a potential QF vs Murray!

The potential R16 of his direct concurrent in the race :
Milos vs Tsonga.
Tipsy vs Almagro.
Monaco vs Cilic.

Come on Richard.

afterglows is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #53
country flag ImmzB

All the best Richard!!

Allez!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #54
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

So Richie will meet Brian Baker.

I think those two have never played each other since the final of "Les petits as"...

afterglows is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #55
country flag ImmzB

Gasquet def. Baker 6/2 6/3

Good solid win for Richard!! Plays either Stepanek or Hewitt in R2.

Almagro lost to Haas today, who is in front of Richard in the race for the World Tour Finals.

Allez!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #56
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC2us...layer_embedded

this interview is a bit cringe. Also is it the lighting or does he have a bit of a bad tan going on?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #57
country flag ImmzB

Stepanek def. Gasquet 6/4 6/4

Disappointing loss for Gasquet!! Stepanek played well in the 1st set, Radek's level did dip in the 2nd and Gasquet was able to get the break at 3-3 after saving BP and getting out of difficult service games. Gasquet lost the last 3 games of the match, including 2 service games.

This doesn't help his bid to reach London, he stands at #11 in the Race! It would of been great if he could of passed Almagro.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 10-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #58
country flag ImmzB

Richard should really consider asking for a Wild Card into Vienna, Stockholm or Moscow.

Come on Richard!! It's important that he plays next week!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #59
country flag Quetzal

Quetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond reputeQuetzal has a reputation beyond repute

I don`t see any good explanation for this two defeats after having great week in Bangkok
Maybe he should really play without coach.
I was thinking about booking flight to London, but now...
Quetzal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #60
country flag ImmzB

http://twitter.yfrog.com/z/kg4u2ycj

Richard on his way back already from Shanghai. Does he have to be somewhere like Vienna, Stockholm or Moscow?

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!