Just curious...what religion are you? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What religon are you?

Eastern Orthodox Christian 7 19.44%
Catholic 11 30.56%
Protestant 4 11.11%
Other-Christian 0 0%
Muslim 1 2.78%
Buddhist 0 0%
Hindu 1 2.78%
Jewish 0 0%
Other 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #106
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just curious...what religion are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Cause God is human. He is not perfect, he's made some mistakes, he himself will probably admit. But he still tries to do his best. I believe that God exists, I believe there is one overruling energy in the universe. I don't know the extent of his perfection and power and all knowing and all this, but I do believe he is there, doing his best to run the universe. As humans, we just need to respect each other, be open minded and loving for each and every living being in the world. Most of all, tolerance for those who believe different things, ability to agree to disagree, and still love each other.

What are your beliefs, mate?
Arrogance. "God made people in his own image". More arrogance borne out of our intellect.

We, humans, created God for various reasons, be it control of others through religion, trying to explain things that science still can't explain or to alleviate our fears of death.

Humans created morals, philosophies, gods, devils, demons, heaven and hell, none of those really exist except in our society. There are no souls and reincarnations. It is said that the first thing a medical student loses is his belief in God. Because when you are disecting a cadavre, you see humans for what they truly are: a pile of meat no better than something in your Big Mac. Cows don't go to heaven after all, right?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #107
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Arrogance.

We, humans, created God for various reasons, be it control of others through religion, trying to explain things that science still can't explain or to alleviate our fears of death.

Humans created morals, philosophies, gods, devils, demons, heaven and hell. There are no souls and reincarnations. It is said that the first thing a medical student loses is his belief in God. Because when you are disecting a cadavre, you see humans for what they truly are: a pile of meat no better than something in your Big Mac. Cows don't go to heaven after all, right?
Cows in heaven? Sure, of course. I don't see why not. And ducks and tigers and other living things.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #108
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is said that the first thing a medical student loses is his belief in God. Because when you are disecting a cadavre, you see humans for what they truly are: a pile of meat no better than something in your Big Mac. Cows don't go to heaven after all, right?
as a girl who dated 2 Medical students and one physician i can tell u for sure that their believe got stronger b/c when they saw the human body from inside whey where in humble and felt so little b/c of how perfect it is, how everything had a place and part and how amazing it is a birth of a person and then the dying so the next generation will con' life and human nature.

i saw the show 'bodies' 2 months ago and i was speechless.

i think in the end it doesnt really matter, if u believe or dont believe, we just need to respect each other, i think it will be a good start on the way of a better world but hey, ppl find it hard to respect each other when it comes to a fav tennis player so to ask them to respect someone believes, dreams, hopes, color, bed partner and life style...im going wayyyy tooo much.

T-doc my god bless u (i had to add that to tease u a little )
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #109
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Ok, can you explain what dogma are these guys following? 50k dead in 6 yrs in a single country.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #110
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Cause God is human. He is not perfect, he's made some mistakes, he himself will probably admit. But he still tries to do his best. I believe that God exists, I believe there is one overruling energy in the universe. I don't know the extent of his perfection and power and all knowing and all this, but I do believe he is there, doing his best to run the universe. As humans, we just need to respect each other, be open minded and loving for each and every living being in the world. Most of all, tolerance for those who believe different things, ability to agree to disagree, and still love each other.

What are your beliefs, mate?
These are statements that most Christians would probably disagree with

I don't believe in anything supernatural. I can whole-heartedly agree with your closing statements though.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #111
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Well my father is Muslim and my mother practiced Shintoism (and naturally Buddhism a bit as that was common to combine the two in Japan) so I grew up with all that in my house, not that it was ever bad, but I certainly developed my own beliefs in a way.. So perhaps I tend to be agnostic.

Quote:
Arrogance. "God made people in his own image". More arrogance borne out of our intellect.

Humans created morals, philosophies, gods, devils, demons, heaven and hell, none of those really exist except in our society. There are no souls and reincarnations. It is said that the first thing a medical student loses is his belief in God. Because when you are disecting a cadavre, you see humans for what they truly are: a pile of meat no better than something in your Big Mac. Cows don't go to heaven after all, right?
That is clownish as hell. I have partaken in several cadavers being examined and I'm not sure how you would conclude with such an asinine thing to say. Wouldn't the fact that we DO look like meat like all the other animals on this earth make it even more evidence for those people who are religious that this ultimate creator is indeed the one that made all life on the planet?

Last edited by HKz : 10-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #112
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Well my father is Muslim and my mother practiced Shintoism (and naturally Buddhism a bit as that was common to combine the two in Japan) so I grew up with all that in my house, not that it was ever bad, but I certainly developed my own beliefs in a way.. So perhaps I tend to be agnostic.

That is clownish as hell. I have partaken in several cadavers being examined and I'm not sure how you would conclude with such an asinine thing to say. Wouldn't the fact that we DO look like meat like all the other animals on this earth make it even more evidence for those people who are religious that this ultimate creator is indeed the one that made all life on the planet?
Why??
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #113
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

i can communicate with rocks and mountains
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #114
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Mainstream organized religion and the people who push it are a scourge to humanity.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #115
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Every believer is of necessity an agnostic.

When I was 20 I called myself an agnostic because I was too coward to say I'm a believer.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #116
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Ok, can you explain what dogma are these guys following? 50k dead in 6 yrs in a single country.
The Mexican drug war people are following drugs as their religion

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #117
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm atheist since I was born. Why? Because it is impossible to ignore the fact that every person thinks their religion is right, and if each person is right, then they must all be wrong too. Humans can't be created by God's spit, and risen from the ground at the same time. That is why I support science.

I have created my own religion, though somewhat similar to Greeks/Native Americans. It is based on all these spirits that control nature and a few spirits of wisdom trying to balance the world against spirits of death, hunger,etc..I don't actually believe it, of course. I just created it for fun.

I always thought it was silly how people thought of themselves as a religion just because their parents were. There are some people who say they are Christian just because that is what their parents said they were, and because they go to Church once every two weeks. Yet only like 1% of "Christians" actually believe the stuff in the Bible. If you ask them if they thought that women came from Adam's rib, they would laugh it off.

I think that about 90% of people are actually atheists, but identify themselves as whatever religion their ancestors were.
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #118
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
I'm atheist since I was born. Why? Because it is impossible to ignore the fact that every person thinks their religion is right, and if each person is right, then they must all be wrong too. Humans can't be created by God's spit, and risen from the ground at the same time. That is why I support science.
I think you can support science and religion at the same time.

Also, I personally believe that no religion is wrong--they are all there to praise God and follow good values, and that there is just one God that presents Himself to all of these religions.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #119
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm atheist since I was born. Why? Because it is impossible to ignore the fact that every person thinks their religion is right,
I hope they don't believe their religion is wrong, otherwise I'd pity them.

Related to my first post on this thread which I feel strongly with: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...7&postcount=68

Quote:
and if each person is right, then they must all be wrong too.

Great logic.

Quote:
I have created my own religion, though somewhat similar to Greeks/Native Americans. It is based on all these spirits that control nature and a few spirits of wisdom trying to balance the world against spirits of death, hunger,etc..
Greek culture was based on slavery. Perhaps it's your ideal.

Quote:
I always thought it was silly how people thought of themselves as a religion just because their parents were.
Yeah and children of atheists? They become believers...
My parents never told about religion at home.

Quote:
Yet only like 1% of "Christians" actually believe the stuff in the Bible. If you ask them if they thought that women came from Adam's rib, they would laugh it off.

Ask the Jews about that. Christians believe in the Gospel, not the OT. And I would be part of that 1% if that were the case.

Quote:
I think that about 90% of people are actually atheists, but identify themselves as whatever religion their ancestors were.
Then I'm among the 10%. If I were to identify with my cultural environment, I would've been an atheist, dude.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #120
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Catholic
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote