Tokyo F: Nishikori bagels Raonic 7-6(5) 3-6 6-0 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #136
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tokyo F: Nishikori bagels Raonic 7-6(5) 3-6 6-0

the only way cilic reaches 5 sets is if he heroically decides to fight back from 2 sets down then choke the match away
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #137
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck yes! Always good when Kei wins and Raonic loses (I don't dislike Raonic, but I hate his gamestyle)
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #138
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow i really though raonic was gonna make it, but Kei didn't give that match away
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #139
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

The sooner these two are in the top 10 the better tennis will be. They're legit top 10 quality unlike the likes of Mugaco and Scrubcki. Despite the result I think Milos will go higher.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #140
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
The sooner these two are in the top 10 the better tennis will be. They're legit top 10 quality unlike the likes of Mugaco and Scrubcki. Despite the result I think Milos will go higher.
Based on what? Kei is clearly the more talented player of two, serving is basically the only thing Milos does better. And while Kei will never serve like Milos or even remotely, his serve does have margin to improve.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #141
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Kei Well deserved.

Follow your bushido and go get a place in the top 10 now you legend
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #142
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Based on what? Kei is clearly the more talented player of two, serving is basically the only thing Milos does better. And while Kei will never serve like Milos or even remotely, his serve does have margin to improve.
Serving could be key especially for an attacking player. You wonder if Fed would have continued to stay at the top of the game with these super-fit grinders if he couldn't serve his way to cheap points.

Raonic has enough ground game and talent to win return games. I like Kei but not sure if he can win cheap points on serve and also he can be erratic sometimes still. I hope they both get to the top though.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #143
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serving could be key especially for an attacking player. You wonder if Fed would have continued to stay at the top of the game with these super-fit grinders if he couldn't serve his way to cheap points.

Raonic has enough ground game and talent to win return games. I like Kei but not sure if he can win cheap points on serve and also he can be erratic sometimes still. I hope they both get to the top though.
True, Milos's serve is a huge weapon, but especially on the current slow surfaces that can only take him so far. Kei has much more to his game imo: he's an exceptional returner, moves great and is a far more solid and creative shotmaker than Milos, not to mention he does quite well at the net too. As you saw in this final, as soon as a rally started it was all Kei. If he's already this good without getting any free points on serve, just imagine how good he will be when he beefs up his serve a bit, which is certainly achievable.

I do agree that it'd be nice to see both rise to the top 10 and then even higher though. Milos's brand of big serving tennis with aggressive groundstrokes belongs at the top too, but I do believe Kei is a far more complete talent with a higher ceiling.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #144
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Kori has much more game than Raonic, the proof lies within a bagel.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #145
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travod View Post
I visited Japan and spoke to a group of teenage schoolgirls. I mentioned I was Italian and they all said, "Pizza!" I mentioned my friend was Indian and they all said, "Like Ghandi!" and bowed.
Exactly, it is stereotyping and ignorant to say things like that...But those Japanese teenagers weren't being televised nationally which makes it ten times worse Epic fail if you were trying to defend Muglos
JamieMU30 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #146
country flag stripes

stripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond reputestripes has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy for Kei hes a nice player its good he won this title
stripes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #147
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

EEEEGGSCELLENT!

What a year. Chelsea champions of Europe, NASA landing on Mars and now Nishi winning Tokyo 500 - saved the best til last.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #148
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Yay Kei!
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #149
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
The Japanese crowd is so polite! They even wait for the English translation before they applaud!
Hopefully this will pave the way for more tournaments in Japan. The people are so classy and the economy very strong. If Nishi can reach top 10 (*touch wood*) Japan might develop some 250s and maybe even a 1000, which would be wonderful for the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post

Hopefully in a couple years we will see these two in a GS final.
A post from you that I agree with.

Quote:

Times have changed. Courts are slow enough for big servers to get overwhelmed by big returners. Ferrer is having his best year at the age of 30 while Isner and Karlovic are moving backwards.

Nishi's biggest weakness will be his long term fitness. He hasn't spent more than 12 months without getting a serious injury. Recovering from long lay-offs will always be a problem.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #150
country flag Jimnik

Highlights:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/M...ighlights.aspx

Commentator sounds like a robot.