Chick-fil-A brand rating drops 30+ points after boycott of company. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chick-fil-A brand rating drops 30+ points after boycott of company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
As opposed to what?

Rice and beans.

I'd rather die of a heart attack in my 50's by eating tons of fast food, rather than live to be an old man and eating 90% rice. I actually have to try to eat unhealthy because I don't want to live to be too old.

McDonald's feeds more people, and especially more low-income people around the entire world than any government. It's like the only place you can still get a full man for like $5-6.
Have you ever heard of a supermarket?
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This only tells you how strongly rooted the bias in the media is.

The vast majority of the population opposes gay marriage (I'm not one of them, I think it's utterly ridiculous),
Of seven reputable polls in the US in 2012, one had for 47%, against 43%, 13% undecided. The other six polls all had over 50% of the population in favour.

So when you say ''vast majority opposes'' you are just being ridiculous. Where are your data to show the vast majority in opposition?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Of seven reputable polls in the US in 2012, one had for 47%, against 43%, 13% undecided. The other six polls all had over 50% of the population in favour.

So when you say ''vast majority opposes'' you are just being ridiculous. Where are your data to show the vast majority in opposition?
Polls are twisted. I'm so sick to death of people citing them as facts or evidence. 13% undecided my ass. Every single place they have a public vote on this issue, it's overwhelmingly against. The states that have allowed gay marriage have done it without the people voting, for good reason. It wouldn't pass. Whatever a poll said about it. 31 states I believe the last time I read about a vote on this issue. It failed from California to the South. It was the legislatures in Vermont, New York and etc... that decided to allow it. Even those very liberal states knew the public would vote against it. So it was done as quietly (and cowardly) as possible. It's an issue I fail to understand, but the majority of the public opposes it for whatever reason, that's just fact. So demonizing a businessman for opposing gay marriage and the press making it seem like he's some sort of oddball hatemonger is just a reflection of why no one has any faith in the media.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 10-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Francis

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #20
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
This forum is something else. Tennis generally attracts more classy, socially enlightened people as fans so the extreme misogyny and homophobia surprises me. It's pretty much disgusting.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #21
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
This forum is something else. Tennis generally attracts more classy, socially enlightened people as fans so the extreme misogyny and homophobia surprises me. It's pretty much disgusting.
Unfortunately, a lot of the more upper class people that tennis attracts are very conservative in their opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #22
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Polls are twisted. I'm so sick to death of people citing them. Every single place they vote on this issue, it's overwhelmingly against. The states that have allowed a public vote have done it without a vote, for good reason. It wouldn't pass. From California to the South. It was the legislatures in Vermont, New York and etc... that decided to allow it. Even those very liberal states knew the public would vote against it.
New York's populous actually drove the action on marriage equality. Several Republican legislators voted yes. Every single vote on this issue has been done before public movement in favor of marriage equality, outside of North Carolina. The majority have occurred in Southern and Midwestern states which are significantly more anti-gay than the rest of the country.

Four states have it on ballot this year and in Maine, the gay community, and our legislative allies, have brought it up for public vote in confidence of it passing and all polls, that word you don't like, have it passing.

Marriage ballot voting numbers are/have not been representative of the entire populous' opinion as most people have been either apathetic, slightly anti-gay, very anti-gay or pro-gay......meaning, at least two of the categories are people who don't care enough to vote. The anti-gay side has been more motivated and organized than the pro-gay side and thus, we've been at a major disadvantage, but our culture is changing.

BTW, gay marriage has gotten at least 40% in all recent marriage ballots.

Lastly, equal rights should never be up for vote. Ever. These marriage amendments are fundamentally unconstitutional.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Unfortunately, a lot of the more upper class people that tennis attracts are very conservative in their opinions
That's very true. Feelings of superiority and all.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #24
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Francis
Someone gotta check this stupidity
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

This forum considers homophobia to be a form of discrimination and if people want to discuss issues to do with homosexuality, please confine yourselves to the issues and avoid using derogatory or offensive terminology.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #26

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

You mean like accusing people of being homophobes or misogynists?! Because they oppose gay marriage along with billions of other people?

That kind of language? I'm curious.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I mean like using derogatory terms. Being opposed to gay marriage doesn't make you homophobic per se, in my opinion.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #28

Then I was wondering to who you were addressing and what statements exactly?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
Have you ever heard of a supermarket?
Of course. And with prices so high (in no small part because of the gas prices that skyrocket the cost of transport), I stand by my statement. Unless you want to buy a frozen pizza or a frozen dinner and drink water. It's actually cheaper at McDonald's. They are charging like $6 for a gallon of apple cider here.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #30
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Then I was wondering to who you were addressing and what statements exactly?
There was some terminology previously that was unacceptable. I have deleted it and the other mods will look at it.