Tokyo SF: Raonic defeated Murray 6-3 6-7 (5) 7-6 (4) - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #241
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tokyo SF: Raonic defeated Murray 6-3 6-7 (5) 7-6 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
3 ATP 250, 2 ATP 500 finals, 0 Masters finals, 0 GS finals.

Murray at Raonic's current age:

6 ATP 250, 1 ATP 500, 2 Masters, 1 GS final.
There is still a large difference in career success. It shows how much standards have dropped when it comes to judging young players if Raonic is considered the best hope.

Another way of looking at it:

Masters best at 21: Raonic-QF Murray-W
Slam best at 21: raonic-R4 Murray-F

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #242
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Are you trying to argue against me or with me with those stats?
It's the truth. Just because I don't like Murray doesn't mean I have to argue against the truth. It's clear that Murray was more gifted when he was Raonic's age. Doesn't speak for the future though. Each player's career is different.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #243
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis is different then it was back then, peak years have moved back, and the game is more physical, so it makes sense that younger prospects would have achieved less than years past.

But I'm not gonna argue with anyone about that, that has been been gone over and over time and time again, and this is not really the place anyway

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #244
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
You need to change your sig for 14th, or 11th if he wins the tournaments.
You don't need to remind me about future changes before they happen. I will change it when it happens, If I don't then you can remind me

I'm just hoping he can soon make the top 10 and hopefully this years WTF

Win tonight against Nishikori would be a good 1st step, valuable 200 points up for grabs tonight

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #245
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

impressive display of mental fortitude from milos down a break and match points in the 3rd. the key differentiator is his newfound willingness to stand closer to the baseline and take the ball on the rise, opening up better angles and net attacking opportunities. noticeable improvement on the ros as well as he’s finally stepping in and attacking the 2nd serve instead of reacting from 4 ft behind the baseline. 46% of 2nd serve pts won versus only 30% in new york...that’s a massive improvement. props to galo blanco & co.

disappointing to see murray lose control of his emotions, esp. in light of his revelatory 5th set performance in new york. at one point raonic immediately challenged a service call to which murray screamed “that’s fucking bullshit!”. milos looked befuddled, then grinned as if to say “i’ve got him now”. andy needs to stay in control of his emotions (he's no john mcenroe) and act like a gs champ and olympian instead of a whiny little bitch.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #246
country flag 156mphserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
disappointing to see murray lose control of his emotions, esp. in light of his revelatory 5th set performance in new york. at one point raonic immediately challenged a service call to which murray screamed “that’s fucking bullshit!”. milos looked befuddled, then grinned as if to say “i’ve got him now”. andy needs to stay in control of his emotions (he's no john mcenroe) and act like a gs champ and olympian instead of a whiny little bitch.
I rememebr that, and the funny thing was, the very previous point, Milos hit a ball out, which was called in, Murray hit the shot, it when into the net so then he decided to challenge. Basically the exact same thing he was mad that Milos did he did the very previous point.

Murray won his challenge, MIlos lost his

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #247
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

well done Milos.
tektonac is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #248
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Raonic isn't winning any slams at all.
Ok Nostradamus.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #249
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Ok Nostradamus.
I'm not claiming to be a prediction master like Everko but in my opinion if he was a future slam winner he would probably have atleast played a slam QF by now. He'll probably win a masters title and get top 5 ranking at some point in his career but not much more.

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

Old 10-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #250
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Hmm...poor effort from Sapeod this time. He went for the 30% this time, should've seen it coming. Lack of smileys is disturbing to say the least.
NID. As expected, he didn't even watch the match
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #251
country flag 156mphserve

And had he reached a slam QF by now then that statement above would more than likely say "in my opinion if he was a future slam winner he would probably have atleast played a slam SF by now"

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #252
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not claiming to be a prediction master like Everko but in my opinion if he was a future slam winner he would probably have atleast played a slam QF by now. He'll probably win a masters title and get top 5 ranking at some point in his career but not much more.
None of the young guns have done much so far. He has probably done the best. Tomug made Wimby quarters but what has he done outside of that?
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #253
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In my opinion if he was a future slam winner he would probably have atleast played a slam QF by now.
that's a silly statement and it demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the game.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #254
country flag Moozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
that's a silly statement and it demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the game.
Please explain why it is silly.

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #255
country flag allpro

Quote:
Please explain why it is silly.
it's overly simplistic. you can't just say 'X Player' hasn't reached 'Y stage' at 'Z age', hence he/she will never win a slam. you've got to look at other variables and assess a players game, talent, weapons, future potential, future competition, etc.