How the US government armed Mexican drug cartels - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How the US government armed Mexican drug cartels

Quote:
On January 30, 2010, a commando of at least 20 hit men parked themselves outside a birthday party of high school and college students in Villas de Salvarcar, Ciudad Juarez. Near midnight, the assassins, later identified as hired guns for the Mexican cartel La Linea, broke into a one-story house and opened fire on a gathering of nearly 60 teenagers. Outside, lookouts gunned down a screaming neighbor and several students who had managed to escape. Fourteen young men and women were killed, and 12 more were wounded before the hit men finally fled.

Indirectly, the United States government played a role in the massacre by supplying some of the firearms used by the cartel murderers. Three of the high caliber weapons fired that night in Villas de Salvarcar were linked to a gun tracing operation run by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), according to a Mexican army document obtained exclusively by Univision News.

Univision News identified a total of 57 more previously unreported firearms that were bought by straw purchasers monitored by ATF during Operation Fast and Furious, and then recovered in Mexico in sites related to murders, kidnappings, and at least one other massacre.

As part of Operation Fast and Furious, ATF allowed 1,961 guns to "walk" out of the U.S. in an effort to identify the high profile cartel leaders who received them. The agency eventually lost track of the weapons, and they often ended up in the hands of Mexican hit men , including those who ordered and carried out the attack on Salvarcar and El Aliviane, a rehabilitation center in Ciudad Juarez where 18 young men were killed on September 2, 2009.

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/...4#.UGtMBVFnxLd
nice

Old 10-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How the US government armed Mexican drug cartels

Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

do u always believe what u read? i never do..
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
nice
Of course, if those guns had not got into the hands of the cartels there would be no drug murders in Mexico because the cartels would be completely without guns.

You really need to start your own website for silly threads. How much time do you actually spend digging up these amazing scandals?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Of course, if those guns had not got into the hands of the cartels there would be no drug murders in Mexico because the cartels would be completely without guns.
did you even read the whole article? did you check the sources? keep trusting the government in your foolish authority trusting attitude.

Quote:
"Many weapons cross the border and enter Mexico, but that [Fast and Furious] number, quantity and type of weapons had quite an impact in the war in this area" Jose Wall, an ATF agent stationed in Tijuana from 2009 to 2011, told Univision News.

Last edited by abraxas21 : 10-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
do u always believe what u read? i never do..
Quote:
How much time do you actually spend digging up these amazing scandals?
of course. this never happened.

here's a suggestion: open your eyes.

Quote:
Since the end of Operation Fast and Furious, related firearms have continued to be discovered in criminal hands. As reported in September 2011, the Mexican government stated that an undisclosed number of guns found at about 170 crime scenes were linked to Fast and Furious.[43] U.S. Representative Darrell Issa (R–CA–49) estimated that more than 200 Mexicans were killed by guns linked to the operation.[44] Reflecting on the operation, Attorney General Eric Holder said that the United States government is "...losing the battle to stop the flow of illegal guns to Mexico,"[45] and that the effects of Operation Fast and Furious will most likely continue to be felt for years, as more walked guns appear at Mexican crime scenes.[46]

In April 2011, a large cache of weapons, 40 traced to Fast and Furious but also including military-grade weapons difficult to obtain legally in the US such as an anti-aircraft machine gun and grenade launcher, was found in the home of Jose Antonio Torres Marrufo, a prominent Sinaloa Cartel member, in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. Torres Marrufo was indicted, but evaded law enforcement for a brief time.[47][48] Finally, on February 4, 2012 Marrufo was arrested by the Mexican Police.[49]

On May 29, 2011 four Mexican Federal Police helicopters attacked a cartel compound, where they were met with heavy fire, including from a .50 caliber rifle. According to a report from the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, this rifle is likely linked to Fast and Furious.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

Last edited by abraxas21 : 10-06-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
did you even read the whole article? did you check the sources? keep trusting the government in your foolish authority trusting attitude.
Yes, I did. I never commented at all about the truth of the article. I have no idea where you got the idea I said the gun-walking never happened. Did you even read my post? I have no idea what you mean about trusting the government, which does not deny the gun-walking, anyway. Or should I mistrust their non-denial? Or maybe you do not know the meaning of the word ''scandal''.
But I do doubt that the guns that may have come from the US affected the murder rate of the cartels.

Last edited by buddyholly : 10-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Yes, I did. I never commented at all about the truth of the article. I commented that Mexican drug cartels can no doubt get all the guns they want from whatever source, so if any guns came from the US it makes not one bit of difference to their hit count. What is important is the number of murders committed by the drug cartels, not where their guns come from.
yes, the fact that the guns were provided with the approval of the US's government in accordance with their "war on drugs", means nothing. Nevermind the fact that it isn't solely about quantity of guns but also about their type.

One would imagine that any sensible government that tries to fight drugs and drug-related violence would do everything in its power to make it more difficult for the trafikkers to get access to guns, and not easier like the USA did. One would also imagine that any sensible person would agree with that, hence why it is regarded as a huge scandal in both mexico and usa (not covered by the media you're used to, apparently)...

but you on the other hand can keep deriding this "awesome story" and defend the gvt one more time.

Last edited by abraxas21 : 10-06-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
yes, the fact that the guns were provided with the approval of the US's government in accordance with their "war on drugs", means nothing.
Obama denies the government approved it.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Just once I would love to hear about all the shit that happens in Abraxas's country. And damn that Santana album was my favorite.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

the us government has tendency of installing murderous dictators in central/south america such as in chile and el salvador. in only matter of time, they do the same in mexico.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
banned
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
banned
Sad indeed.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
banned
why?
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #15
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Just once I would love to hear about all the shit that happens in Abraxas's country. And damn that Santana album was my favorite.
or we could talk about the Contribution of Chileans to the world b/c besides The two winners of the Nobel Prize for Literature i dont remember alot.