Tokyo SF: Raonic defeated Murray 6-3 6-7 (5) 7-6 (4) - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #211
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tokyo SF: Raonic defeated Murray 6-3 6-7 (5) 7-6 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Negative Burrow. Knowing how mant Wimby's or slams Edberg won shows some tennis kowledge because it shows you have been following the game for some time, whereas anyone can find out what the current rankings is and it doesn't mean shit. Knowing strengths and weaknesses of players also shows tennis knowledge because first of all not anyone can identify them, and second not anyone is interested to. If you ever played tennis on any serious level whatsoever you would know that it's very important to know that about your opponent. So as a fan it would just be natural to identify them as well.
No, knowing how many slams Edberg has won strictly shows only ATP tennis knowledge. I am talking about the sport itself, not the goings on in the professional circuit.

And yes, identifying strengths and weaknesses is anything anyone can do if provoked. My mother would be able to tell you that X has a better forehand and backhand and that Y has a big serve. It takes actual study and commitment to learn the 3 fundamental aspects I initially mentioned and this is attained by reading good literature, not MTF.

Identifying strengths and weaknesses and applying them tactically to in-game scenarios, as say, a coach, is completely different and far more complex than saying "Rafael, as you know, Federer has a weak backhand, I want you to pummel forehands with heavy top spin so that the ball sits shoulder length on that weak backhand of his".
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #212
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

This loss is no big deal for Andy in the overall context of the year. Long year some great results over the summer, had a bad day. It's not in the least uncommon for the top players to fail in such events at the end of the season. The only one's really disappointed are those who foolishly thought he had a good shot at year end number one. Simply was too far behind in the points race for that to be realistically possible.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #213
country flag Federer_28

Federer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond repute

NM I miss-read that , for some reason I thought it said 5 in a row
Federer_28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #214
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
He's not Djokovic :wavey: Andy's opponents actually played very well against him at the US Open, unlike a certain 40+ match streak in 2011 where every opponent played like shit
You got that right, Mandy is NOT and NEVER will be a champion like No1e.
I absolutely agree with you about No1e's streak, but one guy really played like shit in particular, the one No1e destroyed in 2011 AO final and in 2011 Rome SF.Mandy was outplayed by Mighty Rao, that's a fact.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #215
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Shut up Nick.

Hm, good win for Milos this. Go for the title tall one.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #216
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
You got that right, Mandy is NOT and NEVER will be a champion like No1e.
I absolutely agree with you about No1e's streak, but one guy really played like shit in particular, the one No1e destroyed in 2011 AO final and in 2011 Rome SF.Mandy was outplayed by Mighty Rao, that's a fact.
Actually, Murray was one of the only players to actually play great against Djokovic in that disgusting run of his, during the Rome final. He had him beat, but then choked a few points and gifted away the set. Djokovic was getting outplayed, on clay, until Murray gave him the match.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #217
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Shut up Nick.

Are you telling me or begging me?
Mighty Rao might easily end up with more slams than Pushray.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #218
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Raonic is not winning more slams than Murray

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #219
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, Murray was one of the only players to actually play great against Djokovic in that disgusting run of his, during the Rome final. He had him beat, but then choked a few points and gifted away the set. Djokovic was getting outplayed, on clay, until Murray gave him the match.
But he did,nt did he. ! That,s fact , what u just posted is a lie !
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #220
Banned!

Quote:
Mandy was never in Rome final.Just shows how little you know about tennis.
This defeat against Mighty Rao was NID.It was only matter of time when Mandy will return to his usual results and form.Also, Rao is much more talented player.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #221
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Raonic is not winning more slams than Murray
He,s got 3 years on Murray ! And keeps rising , wouldent be so cocksure !
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #222
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So your point is that Mandy don't lose, he gives matchs?

Mandy is almost as merciful as Warloq.
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #223
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even understand why you guys even bother replying to Sapeod who is just a silly kid who is obsessed with Murray. I was gonna put him on my ignore list but love reading his stupid gems. I don't think I've read even one single post that he said something intelligent or neutral.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #224
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Shut up Nick.

Im sorry are you MTF police?

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #225
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So you expect others to give credit to Murray for his wins but you don't do the same for Djokovic. You're a hypocrite.