Canadian Players 2 - Page 149 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #2221
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Players 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
If he is healthy, he's a borderline ATP player
Perhaps, but if he meets Erik in the final, would you want to say that he will win the match 100%.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 AM   #2222
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Perhaps, but if he meets Erik in the final, would you want to say that he will win the match 100%.
Will I know if he is healthy? Will he even know if he is healthy? If he is, I would say 98% on hard courts AV wins and 100% on clay courts, yes. But AV hasn't been healthy since 04? or 05? Not sure when, but its been a really long time.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #2223
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will I know if he is healthy? Will he even know if he is healthy? If he is, I would say 98% on hard courts AV wins and 100% on clay courts, yes. But AV hasn't been healthy since 04? or 05? Not sure when, but its been a really long time.
Yes, but even at his peak, which was 11 years ago, he was #33, so I don't know that he would even be top 100 if he was healthy now.

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #2224
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
Of course he's not in it to make those players feel good. But i feel like every level of the tour was designed to help you build yourself up so that you can get to that next level. Futures were designed to help people break on to the tour. Challengers are the next step up from futures and are to help you prepare for the atp tour and then once you get good enough in challengers you start transitioning to the main tour, hopefully forever leaving the challengers behind. Some guys need to go back and forth between challengers and the atp tour.

Erik can love the game all he wants but there are plenty of challengers for him to to get in to or try and get in to. Yes there are some great young players playing the futures tour but there is a real difference between the challengers and futures tour

if he wants to make an earning playing this game then why not try and play the events that will earn you more money? futures only really help you if you do good in them point wise and the money isnt that great

also if he does have an injury even if its just a small one why not take the time off to get rid of it and then go back and play at a higher level

besides if he is injured to the point where its affecting his play that much and he really cant fight through it then maybe ikt would be better to tak time off.
Yeah but if he is lightly injured and then packs it in, he ll likely slip out of entry in Aussie Open qualies, not to mention lose his rhythm while on the sidelines. (At the same time is would be calculated risk, as he may become more injured.) If he isn't injured and this is about confidence, his lack of confidence would likely explain his pure judgement in doing this to try to improve his confidence. (a downward spiral is underway). Or maybe he knows that his confidence comes and goes, and that in January he could be on the rise again, and playing Futures now just allows him to wait out low confidence now and be able to play the qualies when it returns...

To your point that this is rather poor sportsmanship - perhaps players with a certain ranking should simply be barred from entry into Futures events (or a new name for these tourneys should be come up with!).
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #2225
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
The reason it looks screwed up is that ATP suddenly decided a couple of weeks ago to have the rankings page default to the race (i.e. year to date). Nice, I suppose, if you are looking for the race, but extremely confusing for people who thought they were getting the rankings. You have to click on the menu on left for singles rankings.

Chvojka is 214 in rankings, 227 in the race.
Thanks for pointing this out.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #2226
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but even at his peak, which was 11 years ago, he was #33, so I don't know that he would even be top 100 if he was healthy now.
Even if he's not healthy VInci won.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #2227
Snowwy

Alexandre LATYCHEV of Canada is in his first futures main draw in USA F29.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #2228
country flag J99

Quote:
Alexandre LATYCHEV of Canada is in his first futures main draw in USA F29.
Actually he did not.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #2229
Snowwy

Quote:
Actually he did not.
What? Is he not in the draw? Itf tennis says he is.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #2230
country flag J99

Quote:
What? Is he not in the draw? Itf tennis says he is.
Oh yeah, he is in, but as a LL, he didn't actually qualify for it.

Isn't he still a junior btw?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #2231
Snowwy

Quote:
Oh yeah, he is in, but as a LL, he didn't actually qualify for it.

Isn't he still a junior btw?
Yeah, LL, but still first main draw.

He is still 17, I know nothing about his junior career, do you?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #2232
country flag J99

Quote:
Yeah, LL, but still first main draw.

He is still 17, I know nothing about his junior career, do you?
All I know is he's ranked in the 1000's as a junior.

Once he had to play 4 qualy rounds to get into a Futures, but lost the 4th of course.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #2233
Snowwy

Quote:
All I know is he's ranked in the 1000's as a junior.

Once he had to play 4 qualy rounds to get into a Futures, but lost the 4th of course.
He is actually ranked in the 2000's in the juniors.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #2234
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

A Canadian named Ryan Chow just earned his first ATP point in a futures event in Burundi. Qualified and won a round. Does anybody have info on him?
big_j_tennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #2235
country flag J99

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_j_tennis View Post
A Canadian named Ryan Chow just earned his first ATP point in a futures event in Burundi. Qualified and won a round. Does anybody have info on him?
http://itftennis.com/procircuit/play...erid=100086957