"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 298 80.54%
Leave them as they are 72 19.46%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #751
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

I hope i am correct but Tokyo is Decoturf - so why the hell is AA so f...g slow comparing to Tokyo... also not playing like in hurrican is better here
romismak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #752
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

AO final and US open final this were rubbish. How in the final you can have 150 UE and about 70 W ,epic matches played by top two players. Let see Wimbeldon final there were about 100 W and 50 UE made by both players. IMO Federer is the only player from these top four players who is complete player and can do everything on the court. The bad thing is all players playing the same style of game.It gets boring.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #753
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

I agree fully with what Mark Lenders has said here. Variety is the key to having an interesting tour. All courts play mostly the same right now, which indeed allows players to just play the same every tournament.

Personally, I've had it with the big 4. I wish someone else would step up and win a slam, or heck a masters even. It would be way more fun if the numer of title contenders was more than the usual suspects. I take Berdych' comments seriously when he said that the larger prizes are only for a few (big 4). I find the idea that the big 4 is so dominant because of court homogenization to be an appealing one, and I sincerely hope this changes.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #754
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

The big 4 would win still win most of the tournaments.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #755
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Agree with you, but guys like Tsonga, Berdych would have better chance to upset top 4
Old 10-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #756
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
Agree with you, but guys like Tsonga, Berdych would have better chance to upset top 4
Yeah I think those two would occasionally win a big tournament. That's about it though.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #757
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
most yes, but not all. Right now they win all big tournaments. And the most annoying thing of all is that most of the time the only one beating someone out of the big 4....is someone out of the big 4
Old 10-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #758
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I think those two would occasionally win a big tournament. That's about it though.
And that's not what ATP/ITF wants.

But anyway, I think slow HCs should be banned, they destroy players' bodies. HCs should be at least medium-paced, that would shorten rallies, thus be less damaging for body. Anyway, I once calculated the ratios of different surfaces on the tour:

CL:34 %
H:31 %
IH:26 %
G:9 %

So, if we lived in an ideal world where clay would be slow, HC medium-paced, and indoors and grass fast, we'd have about 1/3 on clay, hc, and grass+indoors. But if we weighed those tournaments by points available (GS=8 250s), the ratios would be as follows:

CL:30 %
H:39 %
IH:21 %
G:10 %

So, HCs are dominating in the higher tournament levels. So if I could affect on surfaces, I'd reduce no. of outdoor HC events so that 1/3 of points available would come from slow clay, medium-paced outdoor HCs, and fast grass+indoor HC/carpet. That would be fair for all styles of play, and possibly bring more variety to tennis.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #759
country flag Jverweij

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

But anyway, I think slow HCs should be banned, they destroy players' bodies. HCs should be at least medium-paced, that would shorten rallies, thus be less damaging for body. Anyway, I once calculated the ratios of different surfaces on the tour:

So, if we lived in an ideal world where clay would be slow, HC medium-paced, and indoors and grass fast, we'd have about 1/3 on clay, hc, and grass+indoors. But if we weighed those tournaments by points available (GS=8 250s), the ratios would be as follows:

So, HCs are dominating in the higher tournament levels. So if I could affect on surfaces, I'd reduce no. of outdoor HC events so that 1/3 of points available would come from slow clay, medium-paced outdoor HCs, and fast grass+indoor HC/carpet. That would be fair for all styles of play, and possibly bring more variety to tennis.
nicely done You are spot on with regards to slow HC's, they are so bad for the body. Gruesome exchanges should be reserved for Clay.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #760
country flag romismak

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Pretty much agree with you, we don´t need carpet indoors, just HC there should be quicker, lower bouncing at least

Outdoor HC - should have some variety from slower to faster, but generally medium paced is good - outdoors HC should be faster than clay visibly, but we can have some variety from slower HC to quicker like Cinci, but not so slow - and so many like here.

Clay should be slow, no such experimets like ultra fast blue stuff in Madrid

Grass well - should be quicker, but the fact is with todayn´s baseliners it is impossible to make it with grass itself - i mean if they go back to old grass at Wimby it would be destroyed much much sooner than right now, so best solution there is just use lighter balls at Wimby
Old 10-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #761
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Think about all of the fun, attacking tennis there would be if more courts were like the one in Tokyo. Man, it would be so much better than the pushing baseline battles we get today.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #762
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I really enjoyed the Madrid tournament; although I believe such surface shouldn't be introduced on clay, but on hardcourts, it was nice to see something different for a change. The semis with Berdych/Del Potro and the final with Federer/Berdych were very enjoyable matches, as were some of the early round matches namely Fed vs Raonic. I didn't like seeing a clay tournament play like that, but it's good that there was at least one tourament that rewarded serving and shotmaking over defense and movement.
It's no coincidence that Raonic's two best matches this year (vs. Fed in Madrid and vs. Murray in Tokyo) were on faster courts. A shame there aren't more of them.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #763
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
Think about all of the fun, attacking tennis there would be if more courts were like the one in Tokyo. Man, it would be so much better than the pushing baseline battles we get today.

Yes, because brainless ball bashing is so much fun
Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #764
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Yes, because brainless ball bashing is so much fun
Yeah cause all Raonic did was brainlessly ballbash
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #765
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Yeah cause all Raonic did was brainlessly ballbash

Yeah, sorry. He can't even ballbash from the baseline because he's an all-serve bot. Exactly the kind of tennis I don't want to see but credit for him