1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #391
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Ok. Thanks for the info. I ve seen Papa play and he s a very able player but a bit too one dimensional. I still pick him to win. Boca has put a lot of hopes on that kid and I think he has to come through. Although it could backfire and if the usual boca pressure figures into this, it could prevent Spencer from swinging freely.
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #392
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I saw bits and pieces of his matches, have not yet seen a whole match. He seemed aggressive from what I saw and I like aggressive players . So out of the juniors that you have seen, who do you like?

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #393
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

US juniors? Or overall?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #394
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Both

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #395
country flag zumbazumba

I ll comment on US juniors first. There are many that i thought have an upside, however, with juniors everything changes every 3-6 months so much that it s almost impossible to have any sort of a finalized prediction. I do think that there are things and attributes in the game of several us juniors that will translate well in the future, provided they will stick with tennis and work hard to get to the next level. If you are interested in a more detailed answer with naming players and their strengths, I could do that as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #396
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I would love to hear the details. I don't have a lot of opportunities to watch the juniors since I live far away from the actions. I've seen them mostly on youtube videos.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #397
country flag zumbazumba

I ll throw a few names of the non us juniors that will be the guys to watch over next 4-5 years and I think a few of them could break the topn100. Lucas Pouille, Kyle Edmund, Laurent Lokoli, Luke Saville, Alcaraz Ivora, Quinzi, Pedro Cachin, Mathias Bourque, Kokkinakis, Christian Garin to name a few.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #398
country flag zumbazumba

YouTube videos are few and are normally not the best representations of the player s abilities, unless they are extensive. I imagined that you have first hand experiences with us players, at least, from some of your comments. Are you telling me that you derive at most of your conclusions just by following the player s stats and a few tube videos?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #399
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Most of the time , but I have seen some of them on livestream and horrible webcams and I read a lot about them online. I agree that youtube videos are probably not the best way to judge players and for the most part I have kept that in mind.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #400
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

And sometimes I pick up their game style through radiotennis.com and match reports from zootennis when avail.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #401
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

And of course, I picked up a lot of information from PTWahoo14, Smoke944, SHB, and twitter .

Last edited by SapELee : 10-04-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #402
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Interesting read about Nishioka if anyone is interested: Catching up with Yoshihito Nishioka

Quote:
On playing alongside the pros at IMG Academy…

“If I practiced in Japan, I can’t play against the big, huge players with the big forehand. You just can’t practice that at home. In Japan, the players are smaller, there are some big players, but not many. But here, everybody has a big forehand and a big serve. So it’s good for me in practice. The [Athletic and Personal Development], too, because it has a big gym with everything I need. So it’s good for me on- and off-the-court.”
Tennis in the USA

Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #403
country flag zumbazumba

He is now 650 ATP. Not bad for a small 17 year old. He played us open last year (actually beat Corinteli in three tight sets) and this year semis of us open. Quick lefty with very quick and able hands
Old 10-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #404
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
He is now 650 ATP. Not bad for a small 17 year old. He played us open last year (actually beat Corinteli in three tight sets) and this year semis of us open. Quick lefty with very quick and able hands
I hope he can continue his rivalry with Quinzi to the pro

Last edited by SapELee : 10-06-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #405
country flag zumbazumba

Quinzi is a more promising young player. Bigger stronger. more aggressive and overall a better player. Now they will go toe to toe but in the next couple of years Quinzi will leave Nishioka behind.